What's the best, affordable Stormtrooper 1:1 helmet out there to display...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lttgtimaatisgdaicfi

Super Freak
Reaction score
...next to my EFX Vader shell? I just saw the Anovos version at a lcs and it sucked. Is the latest EFX version for $200 my best bet?

What is meant by "affordable"? That's a relative term.

I'll second the RS Prop Masters ANH helmet. You can get a kit, commission, or signature edition. Modeled from an original ANH helmet and constructed the same way.

I'd avoid Shepperton, but that is just my opinion.

What is meant by "affordable"? That's a relative term.

I'll second the RS Prop Masters ANH helmet. You can get a kit, commission, or signature edition. Modeled from an original ANH helmet and constructed the same way.

I'd avoid Shepperton, but that is just my opinion.

$200 is nice. What is Shepperton?

What's with the jacked-up paint around the lenses? Were the originals painted like this?

These are pulled from molds of original helmets and include all of the defects and asymmetry found on the originals.

If prop level quality is not what you are after, you could go for an idealized EFX bucket.

These are pulled from molds of original helmets and include all of the defects and asymmetry found on the originals.

If prop level quality is not what you are after, you could go for an idealized EFX bucket.

EFX are pulled from orignal molds also, weren't they? Just idealized like my efx Vader, correct?

For displaying purposes, I am very pleased with my eFX Precision Cast helmet. I haven't checked recently, but it was easy to find on eBay or even Amazon back when I got it. It's quite cheap compared to many other buckets.

For displaying purposes, I am very pleased with my eFX Precision Cast helmet. I haven't checked recently, but it was easy to find on eBay or even Amazon back when I got it. It's quite cheap compared to many other buckets.

:exactly:

I agree completely. It is idealized & symmetrical, so it doesn't have the wonkiness of the screen used (that I love, & RS has) will have. But if your looking for one to have on a shelf, the eFX PCR is a good inexpensive option.

Not sure why you think Anovos is crap? It’s made similar to the original which is wonky and flimsy. EFX PCR is idealized and not accurate by any means. Nor is their LE helmet too. RS will be the most accurate out there today. SDS will be up there too but can be pricey with import fees. If you want heavy build and sturdiness then EFX PCR will sk that. But if you want accuracy then and costly then RS would be best.

I'd recommend buying a RS Prop Masters helmet if you want the most accurate and if you have the budget. If your budget is tight then go for the idealized Hasbro Black Series RO. Anovos is nice, but too sharp to be truly accurate. The symmetrical Master Replicas Collector's Edition (MR CE) and EFX Precision Cast (PCR) helmets are inaccurate too - sold mine last month, and never looked back for a second. You can also visit whitearmor.net and look for some accurate helmets there sold by 501st members. Don't buy Rubies or F/X lids, no matter what.

And visit this site to get more info on Stormtrooper helmets:

www.starwarshelmets.com

https://www.starwarshelmets.com/stormtrooper_helmets_armor_and_costumes.htm

I'd recommend buying a RS Prop Masters helmet if you want the most accurate and if you have the budget. If your budget is tight then go for the idealized Hasbro Black Series RO. Anovos is nice, but too sharp to be truly accurate. The symmetrical Master Replicas Collector's Edition (MR CE) and EFX Precision Cast (PCR) helmets are inaccurate too - sold mine last month, and never looked back for a second. You can also visit whitearmor.net and look for some accurate helmets there sold by 501st members. Don't buy Rubies or F/X lids, no matter what.

And visit this site to get more info on Stormtrooper helmets:

www.starwarshelmets.com

https://www.starwarshelmets.com/stormtrooper_helmets_armor_and_costumes.htm

The Hasbro is pretty nice in hand.

Black series rogue one stormy. Hands down. The only downside is the battery and vent thingy in the back. Can't see either on the shelf.

Thanks for all the help. I'm researching it all now. The Hasbro one looks tempting but any push buttons and stuff turn me off regardless of whether they show on display or not. Hmmmm....

I show off my First Order one in this video, but also a bit the original eFX PCS. If that is in any way helpful. I don't have one focusing on the PCS. But I do compare the overall quality between the two.

Back