What's next for Hot Toys Iron Man?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have all of the Stark armors (except the MkI, soon to be rectified thanks HT) and continue to plan to get as many as they put out whether it's screen accurate or highlighter yellow or rainbow sprinkled. Bring it on.

I have all of the Stark armors (except the MkI, soon to be rectified thanks HT) and continue to plan to get as many as they put out whether it's screen accurate or highlighter yellow or rainbow sprinkled. Bring it on.

Mike HT must be listening to you with the new releases.

ironmanhighlighter.jpg

Ah forget that keep them coming and I'll keep buying.

I know your a big fan of the Iron Man line Josh, but you have all armours already, will you really buy each armour Again?

What would be the point, you've got them already :dunno

I love my T2 T800 from Hot Toys, i'd get a BD version as it would have a a new sculpt, new accessories, different costuming & body. But why would i get another T2 figure that is the same version of the same character, it's pretty much perfect as is.

That's why i'm over Iron Man armours, cos they're done and dusted now, the only Iron Man line figures released in future should be ones that haven't been made already.
There's not many left to do but an Iron Man 2 Tony Stark would make sense.

Remakes make sense for new customers who missed out, but not for customers of the figures already :huh

I know your a big fan of the Iron Man line Josh, but you have all armours already, will you really buy each armour Again?

What would be the point, you've got them already :dunno

Well, if they really improve on the previous work and it looks great I'll get it. I've got the new Mark II coming and will get the Mark I because it appears they're improving on what I have. So like I said if it is an even better version and I can afford it I'll do it.

Well, if they really improve on the previous work and it looks great I'll get it. I've got the new Mark II coming and will get the Mark I because it appears they're improving on what I have. So like I said if it is an even better version and I can afford it I'll do it.

I think its the personal choice of the collector, but to be willing to pay the full price of an updated figure when currently owning the existing version you'd have to be a 10/10 Iron Man Fan.

I'm an Iron Man fan, but not enough that i'd buy the same armour in an updated version in place of another character that i do not own already.
I wouldn't buy a MK IV remake over Captain America, as i've already got the MK IV and other Iron Man figures but not one version of Captain America.

For me the update would have to be a huge improvement or difference from the one i already have and not come at the same time as another character that i haven't got at all, that'd make me have to choose between the two.

I ordered the MK II AU as it did fulfil that first part listed above but then cancelled as it didn't meet the second criteria as there are lots of other great characters that i don't have any of yet coming around the same time.

I think Remakes...

1. Are for new customers and those who skipped the initial release who don't value them enough to pay eBay prices
  2. Are for Huge fans of Iron Man with the original figures who buy every version as it's their favourite license but at the expense of skipping other licenses to afford them.
  3. Are for Huge fans of Iron Man with the original figures who buy every version as it's their favourite license and can afford to buy other licenses they like too.

Last edited:
I think all purchases are a personal choice. I mean I don't buy my HT Iron Man figures so that people think I'm cool or that I don't hate HT. I buy them because I think they're freaking badass. I want the best version and if that means over time I have several versions I end up with that. I don't expect them to remake them all to be truthfully honest. As far as what level fan I am I guess I'm that. I love the character.

Re: What's next for the Hot Toys Iron Man Cash Cow?

So i've got the Mark V coming soon, which should be awesome, but after that i'm probably gonna leave the Iron Man line.

I had the MK II (AU) on order, i even sold my Mark 2 original version to get it, but then after a bit i didn't really miss it from my shelf and cancelled the Armor Unleashed version.

Iron Monger is fantastic but i didnt really like the character personally.

All of the Iron Man armours have been made and some re-made, we got a few human characters and 1/6 Environments/Dioramas, there are a few left to do, although Hot Toys hasn't shown any evidence of doing anymore non-armoured characters.

I think there are some great characters that haven't been made yet, and would make for unique and original figures.

ONE of these Tony Stark's would be very welcome in keeping the line fresh.

The Cave/Hostage Tony Stark, ideally light-up chest RT and bandages to cover it with a plugged in car battery - from Iron Man 1

DowneyStark.jpg

OR

Racing Suit Tony Stark - From Iron Man 2

iron-man-trailer-8_480x270.jpg

OR

"Creating the Element Tony Stark" - from Iron Man 2

iron-man-20091201-tony-stark.jpg

(Mech Test Tony has been made, but aside from Head Sculpts there haven't been anymore of the main character which is surprising in contrast to 10 Iron Man armors made.)

Whiplash MK 2 Armor - Iron Man 2

Whiplash.png

Hammer Drone - from Iron Man 2

600px-IM2_19.jpg

People have listed Pepper Potts, Happy Hogan and Justin Hammer as figures they'd like, but to me atleast they are supporting or background characters and not unique enough to warrent a a figure IMO.
Nick Fury would be ace, but is likely being saved for the Avengers film so there isnt likely to be an Iron Man 2 version.​

May I add the suit up gantry outfit from Iron Man to this list?

suit-up.jpg

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8WRZcYVbVg"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8WRZcYVbVg[/ame]

Re: What's next for the Hot Toys Iron Man Cash Cow?

I think all purchases are a personal choice. I mean I don't buy my HT Iron Man figures so that people think I'm cool or that I don't hate HT. I buy them because I think they're freaking badass. I want the best version and if that means over time I have several versions I end up with that. I don't expect them to remake them all to be truthfully honest. As far as what level fan I am I guess I'm that. I love the character.

You're very lucky then that you can therefore have the options to get the best possible from a line that you love.

As you know i want HT to spread the love to some of the lines that i love that much :wave

May I add the suit up gantry outfit from Iron Man to this list?

suit-up.jpg

No... :nana:

:lol

I think one gantry is enough for even the most hardcore Iron Man fan

Yeah, this is a great time to collect stuff you care about with how much things improve all the time.

I'm sure they will but they'll be spread out because of the fact they just may not sell at the rate of the Marvel stuff in general. So I hope for people they do come out.

I don't necessarily need another Gantry but would love to get a half suited up Tony with light up Arc in his chest to stick into the one that is being offered now.

hi, is it possible in the nearly future a battle damaged War Machine to set near the damaged mark 6?

I'm limiting myself to one version of each armor. I haven't been trying to keep up with all the updates. One of my funny quirks about collecting these is I like the little name plates on the stand. I have no idea why exactly. It is partly why I passed on the BD Mark III. Since pre-ordering the Mark V all the way back in Janruary, the only thing that has grabbed me is the Iron Monger. It would take something different and unusual to get me to bite on another Iron Man figure. Maybe a Whiplash Mark II. I'd be tempted maybe by a Hammer drone, but my guess is I don't buy another Iron Man until the Mark VII is available.

Back