What was your 1st 1/6th figure?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sideshow snake eyes. 1st 1/6 fig that sucked me in....as an adult.

can't remember what I had as a kid. Wasn't into the bigger figs. Anything over 3.75" just seemed lame. :lol

Last edited:
blue box cy com fireblade/spectre and crazy owners black martial ninja

I am one of those handful. I remember being in agony waiting for Christmas 1975 and the Sea Wolfe. I knew I was getting one as my parents bought it and tried to "distract" me while the other snuck it into the trunk. I was a savvy enough 7 year old to play dumb. Man, I loved that submarine! I remember the gray giant squid that came with it, too. As it was the year of Jaws, my G.I. Joe fought plenty of rubber sharks!
I so loved growing up in the 70's....

The giant squid! :rock How about the sub's working feature? You placed a couple of alka seltzer type tablets in a compartment in the sub and then put the sub in a pool and it would start to submerge/sink. But once the water hit the tablets, they would start to bubble up and the gas released would force the sub to rise again!

Gonna get my first one here in a few days, 1/6 Berserker Predator! WOOT!

Excellent introductory figure to our hobby. It was my first Predator figure and it's really impressive.

Lots of newbie purchases here.

Ain't that the truth! So many new collectors just in the last year or so. Most have gotten bitten by the Hot Toys bug, too.

well excluding the typical off the shelf 21st Century Military guys, my first major figure was SS's Friday the 13th Jason Voorhees pt. 3.
I remember paying like $50 bucks or something and thinking I couldnt beleive that I spent that much on a figure...Still have him and hes probably my favorite figure to this day.

Actually come to think of it, my first item was a hasbro 1/6 darth vader in 1999? 2000? And subsequently a darth maul.

Now some of you might laugh at the hasbro stuff now, but they were pretty decent back then and for the price.

The 1/6 bug only hit me after medicom neo.

Back