Prop What other environment would you like to see?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What environment would you like to see it made?

• Bara-dur

Votes: 21 50.0%
  • Bara-dur /w Black Gates

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • Moria Orc Cemetry (Weta Proto-type)

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • Osgiliath

Votes: 9 21.4%
  • Doors of Durin /w Watcher in the Water pool

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Others (Please suggest)

Votes: 10 23.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
In the arrangement, Weta would provide design, sculpting, mould masters and paint masters of the sculptures, ready for production, while Sideshow, with their industry experience, would handle distribution, marketing and the tricky science of edition sizes.

I did hear that Sideshow might have contributed to maybe a bit of armour or something small, but i'm sure they didn't do a whole sculpture? But i'm happy to be proven wrong!

I know the Boromir statue was sculpted by Oluf Hartvigson and also sculpted the NA Bookends.

Bring me Lothlorien, the Black Gates and Osgiliath as a minimum, Mount Doom and the bay to Grey Heavens must be done as well.

I know the Boromir statue was sculpted by Oluf Hartvigson and also sculpted the NA Bookends.

Boromir was sculpted by Oluf Hartvigson and Ben Wootten, and the bookends were sculpted by Oluf Hartvigson and Mary Maclachlan, but i couldn't tell you who sculpted what, but Mary sculpted the environments so maybe she did Bag End and Oluf did GTG and Bilbo. Either way, i own both and love them! :lecture

I know Oluf did the portrait on Boromir so that may be all he did and the same with the bookends. I agree both are awesome but SS had more of an involvement than just shipping and advertising. They worked together to create something amazing. That was my point of my original comment.

I know Oluf did the portrait on Boromir so that may be all he did and the same with the bookends. I agree both are awesome but SS had more of an involvement than just shipping and advertising. They worked together to create something amazing. That was my point of my original comment.

:lecture And i'm glad they did!

Boromir was sculpted by Oluf Hartvigson and Ben Wootten, and the bookends were sculpted by Oluf Hartvigson and Mary Maclachlan, but i couldn't tell you who sculpted what, but Mary sculpted the environments so maybe she did Bag End and Oluf did GTG and Bilbo. Either way, i own both and love them! :lecture

The nice thing about Weta Collector's guide is that we now know exactly who was the main artist that made every Weta collectible. Mary Maclachlan is my all time favorite artist!

The nice thing about Weta Collector's guide is that we now know exactly who was the main artist that made every Weta collectible. Mary Maclachlan is my all time favorite artist!

Yeah she is fabulous! I believe she is no longer working at Weta? :dunno

Well, take into account how that post can read and take into how others might react. Threads about both are more than welcomed in this section. You know that. :duff

It can be taken the wrong way and stir up a SS vs Weta debate. Which we don't need. That was my point.

Edit: Just want to keep this section as stress free as possible. Thats all. :duff

Last edited:
Wall plague Dunharrow 'Doorway to the Paths of the Dead' and also a pair of 'Silent Watchers', each on an individual stand if that constitutes an enviro, otherwise stick them on one big base with a path inbetween :)

Those would look cool I'm sure but probably something I'd pass on. The next two environments I want Weta to tackle without a doubt are Barad-Dur and Minas Tirith.

Those would look cool I'm sure but probably something I'd pass on. The next two environments I want Weta to tackle without a doubt are Barad-Dur and Minas Tirith.

Well, if Weta continues to follow what grabbed the most votes in the poll on the Wetacollectors site, then we should next see Barad-Dur, followed by Grond, and Minas Tirith/Minas Morgul (which each have the same number of votes!)

I for one am extremely excited for the possibility of Minas Tirith and Minas Morgul on the new 'Rivendell' sized footprint! :yess:

Not to mention Barad-Dur!!! Hope it's 4" - 6" taller than the new Orthanc! :rock

Dude if they made those three in the size and footprint of Rivendell and Orthanc I'd be like a kid in heaven. :rock

Back