What new STAR WARS HOT TOYS 1/6 & 1/4 Figures will we see at SDCC 17...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What about the figures shown at last years comic con?
Sandtrooper Sergeant
Gonk Droid
Death Star Trooper
Anyone have an idea why these figures haven't gone up for preorder yet?
Have they been canceled?
I would buy all 3 of them!

What about the figures shown at last years comic con?
Sandtrooper Sergeant
Gonk Droid
Death Star Trooper
Anyone have an idea why these figures haven't gone up for preorder yet?
Have they been canceled?
I would buy all 3 of them!

Well, HT have become masters in holding releases of revealed prototypes. Some wil eventually see release and some may never be produced. There's no way to know for sure unfortunately. I'd thought a license such as Star Wars would prevent us from this kind of behavior but it seems i was wrong all the way.

I wonder if we'll see these guys there?

Spoiler Spoiler:

There we go and I'm in for at least one more! I agree that it'll probably be announced on Force Friday though at the earliest. But it would be cool to see it at SDCC.

I'd thought a license such as Star Wars would prevent us from this kind of behavior but it seems i was wrong all the way.

Yeah HT surely has a funny way of handling this evergreen line. I bet SS is even like "We could've done more figures than that!"

You have to remember that Hot Toys also does a lot more than just Star Wars though. They've still put out a good amount too just some of the lesser characters haven't been made yet. Plus really it hasn't been anything too major that's been revealed and not up for pre-order yet. Baze is probably the biggest character reveal awaiting an official announcement. Stuff like the Gonk droid, Death Star Trooper, and Sandtrooper Commander are things that can go up whenever there's a dry spell between releases.

As long as they're keeping on with the core characters I'm happy. They've pretty much done that thus far.

Indeed. Iirc Budget Stark recently released a video stating that HT delivered more than a figure per week in the last couple years. Simply stunning. This being said, they shoud refrain from teasing customers with items that will not see production. That might hurt their business on the long run.

Never got into HT TFA. Came pretty close to getting a Phasma. If they release the Knights of Ren and they look amazing that might change my mind.

Hot Toys definitely produces a lot of figures. I don't think that's in question, regardless of
any BS HT defense. I think everyone took a huge gasp when they announced they'd be doing the
line thinking oh crap here comes the deluge of the best SW figures ever made. Frankly
thats not been the case. And indeed, showing product and it taking 1yr+ to make it to
production doesn't quench the appetite either.

I wonder if we'll see these guys there?

Spoiler Spoiler:

can guarantee they'll only make 5 of these considering how much they missed the right production volume for TFA version. :)

then again they could recall the unsold ones and add some black shoulder pads. done !

Hot Toys definitely produces a lot of figures. I don't think that's in question, regardless of
any BS HT defense. I think everyone took a huge gasp when they announced they'd be doing the
line thinking oh crap here comes the deluge of the best SW figures ever made. Frankly
thats not been the case. And indeed, showing product and it taking 1yr+ to make it to
production doesn't quench the appetite either.
I think they've paced themselves pretty well. Frankly I'm glad that they aren't going crazy with announcement after announcement. The first year when they basically covered most of A New Hope was actually kind of overwhelming because it was like six main characters plus Troopers. I'm trying to collect a lot of the Original Trilogy and it would be hard if they just kept throwing figures at us.

With Tarkin teased, I think that will be the big Star Wars reveal for SDCC this year. However, if that is not up for PO, I wonder what will be.

Of the ones shown, I am still waiting for PO on: R1 Tank Commander, Sandtrooper Sergeant, Royal Guards, ROTJ Stormtrooper.

I wonder if they'll even show the 1/4 Vader, Kylo or Stormtrooper this time. I keep thinking I'm getting away from 1/4 but I've held onto just my Boba Fett in hopes they expand the SW line. They've been teasing those at shows for a couple years now but we are getting to the point where those probably aren't happening.

1/4 sales might not be as good as expected thus explaining HT putting other projects in this line on hiatus.

Wow just saw the Tarkin tease. That old Tarkin thread "why no love for Tarkin" must be going wild !!!

Really hope this is a positive sign for Other Rogue One figures like Krennic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

With Tarkin teased, I think that will be the big Star Wars reveal for SDCC this year. However, if that is not up for PO, I wonder what will be.

Of the ones shown, I am still waiting for PO on: R1 Tank Commander, Sandtrooper Sergeant, Royal Guards, ROTJ Stormtrooper.

I could probably pass on the ROTJ Stormtrooper but want the other 4 plus Baze, Gonk Droid and Death Star Trooper! :)

Back