What movie(s) got to you the most as a kid ?.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uscmhicks

Super Freak
Reaction score
I had two movies that scared the hell out of me as when I was younger and no matter what else I saw those two always stuck with me. They're slightly ridiculous when I watch them now but when I was young they terrified me. :lol

The first is embarassing to admit but yes a singing pizza scared me more than The Exorcist , Jason , Freddy , Ghostface , Myers , you name it , the singing pizza was scarier. :lol I've still not even seen the rest of this movie , I just caught this part once on tv and as soon as it started up I was screaming before I knew it. :thud:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/CDZoPxi7r64&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/CDZoPxi7r64&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

The next would be Steven King's Cats Eye , the last chapter in the movie with the little troll. I had to check under my bed every night to make sure it wasn't there and now and then the cat would jump up on the bed in complete darkness and have me lying there thinking it was the troll. :monkey4

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/o_cFNbrPLx4&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/o_cFNbrPLx4&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

:rotfl

What movie got to you the most as a kid ?.

Exorcist
Halloween 2
Friday the 13th part 3
ANOES

All messed me up good. Halloween 2 was one of the first ever horror movies I saw as a kid.

Runner ups goto Dennis Hopper stabbing that guy in the head with a screwdriver in Speed and Murphy's death in Robocop. I was sheltered from violence because my dad was in nam and hates watching it.

But Arachnophobia tops them all. Any scene from it with spiders. The movie gave me real like arachnophobia. I cannot to this day even look at a spider.

Runner ups goto Dennis Hopper stabbing that guy in the head with a screwdriver in Speed and Murphy's death in Robocop. I was sheltered from violence because my dad was in nam and hates watching it.

But Arachnophobia tops them all. Any scene from it with spiders. The movie gave me real like arachnophobia. I cannot to this day even look at a spider.

That's funny because as a kid I would watch that movie all the time and now I own a tarantula. :lol

Ugh, I can't even watch that Spider thing in Gremlins 2, it f'd me up that bad. I barely made it through the Ghostbusters game.

Ugh, I can't even watch that Spider thing in Gremlins 2, it f'd me up that bad. I barely made it through the Ghostbusters game.

I have an Auntie who can't even look at my tarantula without screaming and running out of the room. I guess some people are born with a fear of them and others aren't.
I will admit though House spiders or skinny super fast spiders get under my skin and I hate to see them shoot across the living room floor and disappear under the couch. :rotfl

jaws...................& i still am leery whenever i swim in the gulf. not too much to worry about now, pretty soon no one will be swimming there..:monkey2:monkey2

Thats what freaks me out, where did they go, where did it come from, is it coming back, why is it so damn fast?! :lol and the way in Arachnophbia that they jump. Holy ____ that got me. Now if I see a spider on a wall I just freeze because I think it'll jump on me or some ____.

Poltergeist
(effin static reception freaked me out some time as a kid, thanks to this movie)

S.King's IT
(the movig photos kinda freaked me out back then...and pennywise the clown.)

S.King's Pet Cemetery
(dat cute kid with those little footsteps trying to kill you)

Jaws. I first saw it when I was 5 and the scene where the guys head pops up in the water freaked my out enough but the scene that got to me was when Brody is tossing the bait overboard and says "Have Hooper come over here and chop some of this ____" and the shark head comes out of the water 2 feet away from Brody. Beacue of that scene (and the scene where Hooper confirms Brody's question that sharks usually attack people in only 3 feet of water and 10 feet from the beach) I've never gone swimming in the ocean. Now when I go to the beach, I just bring some binoculars and stalk er I mean stare at the hot girls in bikinis or depending on the beach lack there of.

" It " did get to me , that's another. :lol

Thats what freaks me out, where did they go, where did it come from, is it coming back, why is it so damn fast?! :lol and the way in Arachnophbia that they jump. Holy ____ that got me. Now if I see a spider on a wall I just freeze because I think it'll jump on me or some ____.

The movie is sorely underrated really. You'd think they'd be more horror movies about them with them being something that most people are scared of.
I thought 8 legged freaks sucked. :monkey4

I remember when I was a kid the cover of Demonic Toys freaked me out a little untill I saw the movie at a friends house one day. Then I just thought the movie was kinda funny.

I remember the people who lived on the island in the original king kong used to freak me out too , not king kong himself though. :lol

Psycho, Jaws and Nosferatu. All three of those scared the hell out of me as a kid. I guess they're pretty tame compared to what kids watch today.

also Puppet Master
(<5 years of age i think. i remember this because i used to share a room with my sister and she has lots of dolls from my grandparents[some freaky enough as is, but is considered family heirloom :cuckoo:]...but i tried to destroy them, and all my attempts end up making them more disturbing. my mother then placed them out of my reach on top of the shelves...now i have freaky dolls looking at me.

1922 Nosferatu

nosferatu2.jpg

Movies that freaked me out the most as a child were Time Bandits (the ending is very ____ed up for a small child), Monty Python's Meaning of Life (in many ways--not for children. Do not let your children see this film), and Terminator (mainly the scene with the X-acto knife and the eye).

Commercials that ____ed me up were Poltergeist when I was very young, and some TV show called Werewolf when I was a bit older (claimed werewolves were basically living in my back yard). Also, a commercial for some documentary "proving" that aliens built pyramids on the moon or something that used to come on Sci-Fi channel all the time.

Back