What is your "least" favorite collectible?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Action figure-wise, it would have to be that first series of House of 1,000 Corpses figures. Butt ugly doesn't even come close to describing them.

At the higher end, I would have to say the Rambo II PF. It's not the complete train wreck that some would argue, but it just looks pathetic next to superior PFs like Gandalf, or Indiana Jones. Sideshow could have done much, MUCH better with that character.

was thinking about getting rambo pf but it looks nothing like sly . This rambo looks like a retarded mongoloid. I hope sideshow will go back and do another rambo some day with a much beter likeness.

Yeah but the heads on those got all distorted in production. The pre-production photos looked WAY better. You can't totally tell from those photos but the head is distorted all to hell. You can see it better in Crawford's pics.

https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_022805a.htm

For the record, I think Allison Hannigan can be cute.

Yeah but the heads on those got all distorted in production. The pre-production photos looked WAY better. You can't totally tell from those photos but the head is distorted all to hell. You can see it better in Crawford's pics.

https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_022805a.htm

For the record, I think Allison Hannigan can be cute.

The image which shows the side of her head... it can almost pass as Triple H...

I disagree to a point. The articulation may have slightly reduced (stupid elbros) but Hasbro made far higher quality figures. Toybiz's Marvel Legends were fraught with QC problems. Loose joints, poor paint apps (I have a Captain Marvel where half his face isn't even painted,) arms and legs that would be horribly bent by the packaging, etc. Oh and let's not forget the infamous Iceman. Pretty much every person that has ever owned that figure has had it break on them in the exact same place. Hasbro's figures might have lost a little in the articulation and paint department, but at least the articulation that was there was tight and useful, and the paint apps, while fewer, were cleaner and more consistently applied.

Definitely on different pages then... the cast in color and awful looking sculpts put the death nail in what was already a pretty much dead line. I will grant you that TB figures had difficulty with loose joints, etc... but they still looked great and for $6.88 (what the originally cost at Wal Mart) could't be beat.

Sadly for me it was TakaraTomy's Master Piece Rodimus Prime. Mine suffered from paint scratches when I was trying to attach it to the trailer. Numerous problem reported among fans include "foot-springy" problem, breakage right out of box etc.

Its a "flop" compared to some of my Bandai's "Soul of Chogokin" line and nowhere a "masterpiece" compared to Hot Toy's products.

TakaraTomy and Hasbro should stick to making "mian line" toys...seriously! LOL!

Sadly for me it was TakaraTomy's Master Piece Rodimus Prime. Mine suffered from paint scratches when I was trying to attach it to the trailer. Numerous problem reported among fans include "foot-springy" problem, breakage right out of box etc.

Its a "flop" compared to some of my Bandai's "Soul of Chogokin" line and nowhere a "masterpiece" compared to Hot Toy's products.

TakaraTomy and Hasbro should stick to making "mian line" toys...seriously! LOL!

I stopped collecting the Masterpiece series after Grimlock. Reading this, I'm glad I did!

Cant say I have any I hate, but it cracks me up to see what people buy because there completist....ouch.

I really dont like my senate duel diorama...what a let down...the paint app sucks, no light up feature...sculpt weak also, why I bought it...I have no idea:(

I stopped collecting the Masterpiece series after Grimlock. Reading this, I'm glad I did!

Its a good thing you did, dude! I know Hot Toys have some QC problems but its nothing compared to TakaraTomy's Rodimus Prime! Buying it is a gamble! :pray:

i had purchased a couple of superman returns weta statues. they were my first statues and i will never ever purchase a statue again. IMO they're just lame. they're paper weights. they just sit there and do nothing. i'm an action figure guy. i like to pose my stuff.

Hard to say... maybe my Sideshow The Thing Maquette. That's why I'm currently selling the piece. Doesn't look bad, but it's also nothing spectacular.

About 90% of my action figures (Star Wrs, GI Joe, Marvel Legends, etc)...I need to get off my ass and start selling them off. Need money for all the 12" figures coming from Hot Toys and Sideshow...

Back