What if Star Wars never existed?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did required reading for school, and I did read the hell out of my Del Rey Empire Strikes Back comic, but that's about it. Tried The Hobbit (fell asleep), tried The Black Caulron (put it back on the shelf before I fell asleep), tried Clash of the Titans but gave up, even though I was much more interested in that than the others.

I read a lot for pleasure when I was a young kid, but most of it was junk. I started reading some of Stephen King and Michael Crichton's stuff when I was in junior high and kind of went from there.

I seem to recall either an article or interview that stated sw had a huge influence in technology and inspired kids/young people to become engineers and scientists based upon a lot of the gadgetry in the movies. I'm sure it did to some degree but to what extent who really knows. I would like to say that's why I became a designer but I never recall a particular moment or light bulb going off to back that up.

Whoa man... took some heavy **** and a dude said this didnt exist and then it did... got any more man?

If George Lucas had gotten the rights to Flash Gordon there'd be no Star Wars. But there would be a Star-Wars-quality Flash Gordon!

(Before Star Wars my favourite toy properties were The Lone Ranger and the Six Million Dollar Man).

I read a lot for pleasure when I was a young kid, but most of it was junk. I started reading some of Stephen King and Michael Crichton's stuff when I was in junior high and kind of went from there.

The summer I turned 12, I read It. Then Salem's Lot. Then Carrie. Then Christine. Then Rage, and The Long Walk. I wish someone had told me to read The Talisman back then. There's a good 'what if'. As it were, I didn't read it until I was in my 20's.

Have you ever wondered what it would be like if Star Wars never existed? Other than the fact that we'd all have lots more cash would you still be a collector?

I do recall a time, albeit short, before Star Wars. I did have Mego figures but in my life at least, Star Wars played a huge role in me becoming a collector. I think that Star Wars was a huge boost to the collecting world, especially again in the early nineties. Before Star Wars, there was GI JOE, some Star Trek, but was there anything as large as SW?

given how huge it was in the 50's and 60's, and even into the 70's, y money is on Superman rising to take it's place.

Look at how much merchandise there is/was from that era regarding superman.

Have you ever wondered what it would be like if Star Wars never existed? Other than the fact that we'd all have lots more cash would you still be a collector?

I do recall a time, albeit short, before Star Wars. I did have Mego figures but in my life at least, Star Wars played a huge role in me becoming a collector. I think that Star Wars was a huge boost to the collecting world, especially again in the early nineties. Before Star Wars, there was GI JOE, some Star Trek, but was there anything as large as SW?

Blasphemy! Stone the infidel!

I was into comics since I was about 5 and before SW, so I would probably just be more focused on them.

Actually I can argue that I would be even POORER now if there was no SW since I would probably want the entire Hot Toys Avengers line. Phew! Dodged THAT bullet!

I probably would have a wife and family and live in a great house instead of being broke and living in my parents basement at 40. JK

Tragic when I think of how many must have went broke engaging in the speculative investment of Star Wars prequel action figures. :(

They were all going to be worth millions! All the variants, Luke with open hand, Luke with closed hand, Boba Fett with out a sticker, I bought them all, like a sucker! :lol

But.....I was able to sell them off and buy an engagement ring for the wife.....like a sucker.:monkey3:lol

Back