What happens to your collection when you die?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't really care what the hell happens to all this garbage when I die, in the end it is all just material bs that you can't take to the grave. Live life and love life its all about your relationships and experiences.

I don't really care what the hell happens to all this garbage when I die, in the end it is all just material bs that you can't take to the grave. Live life and love life its all about your relationships and experiences.

very well put my friend

screw that! No way is anyone getting my stuff. with exception of my Dr. Who to my boys when they turn eighteen if they sign papers never to ebayit. The rest of my collection is being buried with me, to keep me company in the here after.

It's all going in the pyramid with me. 10,000 "workers" are slaving away at building it for me right now.:D

I plan on having it melted down and recast as my coffin. If that won't work, then the the Josh/Pharoah route sounds good to me.

Hopefully I'll die a grandfather, and by that time I probably won't be too interested in collecting anymore, so no big deal.
If I'm hit by a bus and killed tomorrow then my wife can do what she wants with it, probably give them to my nephew or her brother, I'll be dead so it's doubtful I'll be too worried about :D

mine will be put in a time capsule and buried in the earth for someone in the future to dig up and put in a museum where they'll be eventually stolen for someones private collection :D....thats if my daughters don't want em :monkey2

I like the pyramid idea.. I might have to get working on that. But if I don't make it my wife will probably freecycle all of it. :(

The problem with the pyramid is that it invites tomb robbers. I think I'd rather build an underground collectibles room which I will be placed in upon death. And then it will be sealed and covered and hidden. Like Tut's tomb. Hmm, that gives me an idea, I think I'll place a curse on it as well.

The problem with the pyramid is that it invites tomb robbers. I think I'd rather build an underground collectibles room which I will be placed in upon death. And then it will be sealed and covered and hidden. Like Tut's tomb. Hmm, that gives me an idea, I think I'll place a curse on it as well.

mmmmmm hmmmmmmm! :naughty I would TOTALLY rob all your asses if you built pyramids! and we're talking like days after you've been burried! :lol

I think nobody in my family would want the collection anyway, so I hope they'd sell it for the highest price they can get for it and then donate it to charity.

Anyone thought about what happens to their collection when they die? Does it get broken up and sold by family members? Do you leave it to anyone? Or do you get buried in a casket of polystone? Some of the collections here on the forum are huge and I am interested to hear what people would like to happen to them.

I have a work colleague with a teenage son who loves comics, she is a single mum and even as a professional ( no not that type!)money is tight in their house and from time to time I have gifted him pieces.Little does he know, but in my will he gets all my statues and collectibles. I know he will not sell them, will appreciate and look after them.. and get as much pleasure as I do from owning them.

That is very cool of you. BTW, got anything going on with that mum?

Mine are all going to Bodie if he outlives me.

He'll only want this......Shane aka Joe Jonas

41is5KmVxJL._AA260_.jpg
camp-rock-front.jpg

my plan is to collect as long as I can and when I die I pass all of my stuff to my wife and kids, or just my kids if my wife dies before me. And part of their inheritance is to either keep my stuff or sell it for money and the other part is the money I'll have passed to them.

Back