Media What features of your console(s) do you actually use?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uncanny Web-Slinger

Super Freak
Reaction score
Just thinking about all the stuff that went down before the release of the XBONE and the focus bein other than games and all the tech they and Sknt and Nintendo have put into their consoles and if people actually use them or not.

Me personally:

Games - Disc
Games - Digital
Proprietary Store
Online multiplayer
Saving gameplay clips
Online save backups
Music

I might watch DVDs or Blu Rays but I've got a player right next to it for that so...

That's it for me. Don't broadcast my gameplay or watch others play or watch streaming services or use the browser or any other features.

How about you guys?

I don't use online multiplayer anymore.

The online players turn me off the most. I was playing Advanced Warfare a few weeks ago and got cursed out by some 12 year olds :lol.

my ps4 collects dust, pc master race.

giphy.gif

For my Xbone

Video Games
Multiplayer
Blu Ray
USB for torrented stuff
Saving game clips
Netflix
Preview program stuff
Achievements
some of the stats stuff they've added
Kinect for navigation if I'm feeling lazy.

Basically its my primary game station and media player. Anything like surfing the net or certain PC games, I'll use my laptop or phone.

I have a ps4 and use it for Games, films, playing music through the television, internet browsing and TV channels.

MY Xbone: Gaming,
Netflix, Reddx, Youtube
Twitch (i stream too)
Saving and making game clips (game DVR)
Music/Audio Player
Kinect cam for practising dance moves :)

Xbox 360
Gaming/ xbox live arcade. .Some real gems on there, like mount your friends, and Chivalry
UFC app
Custom music playlists as this feature is not on xbox one

My ps4 has a cool light bar that illuminates orange, it makes my tv area look nicer. I thought that was also a neat feature to help me find my ps4 in case i ever want to use it. If only they engineered a surface on it that repelled dust............

Blu rays.
DVDs.
Chat features with people I know.
Media Server (PS3).

Can't wait for the PS4's suspend/resume feature and the 60fps Remote Play.

My PS3 is pretty much my all encompassing media hub. Games, Blu-Rays, and Streaming services are all accessed through there. I use my phone for music and so forth.

Back