What Cobra troop builder do you want next?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which Cobra Troop Builder do you want next?

• Total voters
Wow, I'm kind of surprised the CG has such a clear lead on this. It's one of my favourite RAH figures, but as a 12 incher accessories are pretty key, and I think they'd be kind of boring compared to what we'd get with a Viper, Eel, Snow Serpent or even a Televiper...

Prove me wrong? Other than a pistol, backpack and rifle, what could this guy come with?

Aside from just the pistol rifle and backpack, SS could make the bayonet removable and include a working sheath, do a removable helmet or helmeted & non-helmeted headsculpts, a variety of flesh/gloved hands and also include the Mauser that the elite CG has.

The AWESOME class of the Crimson Guards please....

However, I would settle for Viper, BATS or Snow Serpents...

I initially thought Snow Serpent or Eel, but as I try to picture this figure in my mind, I now think a Siegie would be best. Plus, he would be most likely as a second figure release, I think. Let's just hope for a patch logo instead of an iron on decal, though.

Aside from just the pistol rifle and backpack, SS could make the bayonet removable and include a working sheath, do a removable helmet or helmeted & non-helmeted headsculpts, a variety of flesh/gloved hands and also include the Mauser that the elite CG has.

Not bad, not bad... I'm guessing something like the "Fred" sculpt in the 25th line would be appropriate. I would hope they don't cheap out and give him something molded with the face partially hidden, as is apparently the case with the Cobra Trooper. I like the Mauser, it'd seem to suit the CG pretty well.

Crimson Guard, with bonus Armani suit, briefcase, and of course, a removable mask and helmet.

I don't know about the suit, but I like the idea of emphasizing the undercover aspects of the Crimson Guard.

Hmm, more and more I'm liking the idea. I'm sure if they make one, I'll pick it up.

Not bad, not bad... I'm guessing something like the "Fred" sculpt in the 25th line would be appropriate. I would hope they don't cheap out and give him something molded with the face partially hidden, as is apparently the case with the Cobra Trooper. I like the Mauser, it'd seem to suit the CG pretty well.

Even with the tree-hugger G.I. Joe "peace-out" Adventure Team I grew up with initially, we got a ton of accessories (except the appropriately hippieish 1:6 sack of doobage and roach clips). So hopefully the extensive accessories are a staple Sideshow continues. But now that you mention it, I can see them being "cost effective" :p and just going with a blonde repaint of the Cobra Trooper for a Crimson Guard. :( But if they go that route, Tomax and Xamot would be a welcome addition as well. Sadly, I just don't see the line going that far.

But if they go that route, Tomax and Xamot would be a welcome addition as well. Sadly, I just don't see the line going that far.

That'd be too bad if that ends up being the case, I'd happily take the Crimson Twins, especially if a Crimson Guard ends up being made. Of course I'd want Destro, the Baroness, Storm Shadow, Zartan, Firefly and at least a Viper first. Maybe even Dr. Mindbender and Major Bludd.

Were Para-Vipers part of the 80's line? Or are they an invention of the 25th Anniversary line?

Nah, they never existed in the original line. I was a little apprehensive about the Para-Viper as I didn't trust Hasbro's design team, but it turned out pretty good. It looks like it belongs in the 1987 Cobra line-up perfectly.

That'd be too bad if that ends up being the case, I'd happily take the Crimson Twins, especially if a Crimson Guard ends up being made. Of course I'd want Destro, the Baroness, Storm Shadow, Zartan, Firefly and at least a Viper first. Maybe even Dr. Mindbender and Major Bludd.

Storm Shadow has to be coming 4th or 5th. Firefly, Bludd and Destro would need to be in the pipeline as followups before even considering more troop builders like the Crimson Guard. If they go wonky with the 4th figure choice, I'll start having LOTR flashbacks and really begin to worry about the line's future. This would be a line where releasing all the main characters first (since there's so many of them) would be a wise business choice and save the rarer ones for the SDCCs, Spooks and ToyFair.

Nah, they never existed in the original line. I was a little apprehensive about the Para-Viper as I didn't trust Hasbro's design team, but it turned out pretty good. It looks like it belongs in the 1987 Cobra line-up perfectly.

Thanks. That's what I thought. I got out in '86 though, so I didn't know if I just missed him.

I hope they get to that level of complexity with their troopers. It was a great idea by Hasbro and is a logical next step in the progression.

Were the Cobra Air Troopers 25th anniversary inventions too? Because I'd like to see them as well.

Were the Cobra Air Troopers 25th anniversary inventions too? Because I'd like to see them as well.

Sort of... the helmet design came from an old Marvel comic-book (according to Yojoe.com, #44), where Cobra Troopers were wearing gas-masks. Hasbro made a figure for them in 2006 as part of their vintage-style comic three-packs:

https://www.yojoe.com/action/06/cobratrooper4.shtml

As far as I know (because I don't have the original comic), adding a blue JUMP Jetpack is something the 25th Anniversary team came up with.

Hopefully all of them will be available some day. But for now based on the figure that came out I really enjoyed the Snow Serpent. Then Eel and Crimson Guard, BAT, Viper

Back