Weta's Flight to the Ford Print

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Josh

Ringer @ Heart
Reaction score
This is the second print in the LOTR series Weta is now doing. Flight to the Ford capturing Arwen/Frodo being chased by the Ringwraiths on the way to Rivendell.

Flight to the Ford print

lotrprintflighttothefordalrg.jpg

Very nice print. I actually just ordered the "Disturber of the Peace" print a couple weeks back. Haven't received it yet. I didn't know Weta was going to be starting a run of LOTR prints. I love artwork, so this could be a line I really get into, especially considering how affordable the prints are. (Although the wall space and framing costs are a different story!)

Yeah, its a great piece as was the Disturber of the Peace print. I'm looking forward already to see what the next print is and like you I love this kind of stuff.

It's definitely nice! :rock If my walls weren't already full, I'd probably be more interested in the art pieces. Although I guess I could always switch stuff around since I do still have some closet space. :idea

It's definitely nice! :rock If my walls weren't already full, I'd probably be more interested in the art pieces. Although I guess I could always switch stuff around since I do still have some closet space. :idea

Yeah, especially now you've come out of it!

These are nice. Done by the conceptual designers from the films! I'll be ordering them.

Josh,

thanks for bringing these up on this board. They are gorgeous. I e-mailed a link to the wife hoping that it is enough of a hint for my birthday!

I know this is the thread for the "Flight to the Ford" print, but I just received the "Disturber of the Peace" print and wanted to comment on it. It looks great, and is the perfect size as to not take up too much space on the wall yet still be recognized. Will have to share pics when I get it framed, although not sure when that could be. The framing part is usually the spendy part!

Josh,

thanks for bringing these up on this board. They are gorgeous. I e-mailed a link to the wife hoping that it is enough of a hint for my birthday!

No problem. :duff You all know I love LOTR. Its deep in my heart how much I love it so anything SS or Weta does I will bring up here. I would be doing a large disservice to my fellow Ringers if I didn't.

I know this is the thread for the "Flight to the Ford" print, but I just received the "Disturber of the Peace" print and wanted to comment on it. It looks great, and is the perfect size as to not take up too much space on the wall yet still be recognized. Will have to share pics when I get it framed, although not sure when that could be. The framing part is usually the spendy part!

Heck yeah share pics! :rock I think there is a thread for that piece and if not start one and that will be just fine.

Good to know, thanks Josh! It may be a while before it gets framed, but I will definitely share pics. I used to manage a frame shop, so even though I no longer work in the field, I am still very much into framing things! I plan on dressing up this print and any others that Weta may release in the near future! We are remodeling our basement into a family room/home theater with a major focus on LOTR! Once it's completed I will share pics of the collection! Like I said though, it could be a while. This remodeling business is a lot of fun, but not so much fun on the wallet!

Sweet! Look forward to it when ya can. Someday when I get things fixed a bit more in my life I can't wait to get all my framed stuff up on the walls.

just curious if you could comment on the quality of the print. I've never acquired something from Weta, but this print might change that, just want to be sure the quality is good before I do.

The first print is well done on nice paper. Its not as thick a paper as say the prints from Jerry but its still a good quality with great coloring and detail.

That is a great print. The color are really rich and stand out. Thank you for posting this as I will have to look at this line. The characters jump out at you with that color.

I'm a bit OCD when it comes to art - ie it bothers me a tiny bit that there is LOTR text logo on this print, but nothing on the "Disturber" piece.

That's an extreme example, but you get the idea. I really wish they could give us some insight into their ideas for this print series (completely random from all movies, a scene or two from each, a total of six, eight?, anything would help).

Back