Statue Weta Workshop's The Balrog Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm still on the fence so I'm probably going to save my Weta dollars for Smaug. The pre-order discount is cool. :rock

I almost ordered this without my discount to use it on Smaug but making this cheaper than the original shipped for was too hard to pass up.

Some have this on preorder...

https://www.wetanz.com/the-art-of-film-magic-20-years-of-weta/

Preorder the book and spin the wheel of luck to get a 10, 15 or 20% discount. Use it on Smaug when it goes up. It should bring the price down to earth even more so if they offer a preorder discount on top like they did with Balrog.

That's my plan. I may just use that and let the WD from Smaug and Balrog really start to build.

I love that user:middleearthmagic already has this on Ebay for twice retail.

Always one out there.

Some have this on preorder...

https://www.wetanz.com/the-art-of-film-magic-20-years-of-weta/

Preorder the book and spin the wheel of luck to get a 10, 15 or 20% discount. Use it on Smaug when it goes up. It should bring the price down to earth even more so if they offer a preorder discount on top like they did with Balrog.
Dude that's a wicked idea, might actually pick that up for my cousin (his bday just passed). Thank you sir!

Also on a different note -to yourself or anyone else that knows, can my WETA dollars can be applied right away or do I have to wait til the Balrog ships?

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

You'll have them as soon as he ships. Then you can use them on an order and still get some.

If that book was more like $40 I'd order it. At $100, I don't want it enough to be worth the $60 I'll likely get off Smaug. Though if you get 20%, it would basically make the book free and get $20-40 off Smaug.

You'll have them as soon as he ships. Then you can use them on an order and still get some.
Thanks man, Lol i was going to ask you still. Figured you'd know. Lol so I guess I'll let my WD build too, now that I've opened another 'box'
If that book was more like $40 I'd order it. At $100, I don't want it enough to be worth the $60 I'll likely get off Smaug. Though if you get 20%, it would basically make the book free and get $20-40 off Smaug.
True, but it'll have crazy art and that book could get you anywhere from $60-120 off on a $600 purchase and you also get $10 WD too :)

Thanks man, Lol i was going to ask you still. Figured you'd know. Lol so I guess I'll let my WD build too, now that I've opened another 'box'

No problem. Never be afraid to ask. I'll always answer when I can. I think letting them build is a great idea. If you buy enough they build fast and you can do what I did and get this for less than $300 shipped.

I understand. It is a two book set and I love getting to know more about Weta so that's why I did it. The savings will be a nice cherry on top.

do you think the ES is too high? will this go up in value like the first one or will the extra 500 kill it in terms of rareness and value

Saw someone saying that shipping if free. Is that so with Weta? Never had anything from them directly.
Or, if anyone ordered Azog - How much did you get charged to the US?

About the promo code, I think that it won't apply to Smaug if they have the reduced price already:
"Codes cannot be used in conjunction with other offers"

do you think the ES is too high? will this go up in value like the first one or will the extra 500 kill it in terms of rareness and value

No, I dont. If it does that's wonderful. I hope it does simply because I think badass piece. Though that's not really a reason to order it.

Saw someone saying that shipping if free. Is that so with Weta? Never had anything from them directly.
Or, if anyone ordered Azog - How much did you get charged to the US?

They've done it before if you order certain things or several things like shirts. My shipping on this was $38 I believe.

About the promo code, I think that it won't apply to Smaug if they have the reduced price already:
"Codes cannot be used in conjunction with other offers"

That could be an issue but I think I saw someone yesterday that used a Weta Treasure Card on the Balrog yesterday.

Its 1500 worldwide. At the price its going for it can definitely see it selling for over a $1000 in the future (not that I'd sell this beauty). There are statues with much higher ESs that sell for even higher on the aftermarket. This sculpt and paint is amazing and from what I've seen WETA delivers on their production pieces (and this is my first ever WETA piece)

No problem. Never be afraid to ask. I'll always answer when I can. I think letting them build is a great idea. If you buy enough they build fast and you can do what I did and get this for less than $300 shipped.

I understand. It is a two book set and I love getting to know more about Weta so that's why I did it. The savings will be a nice cherry on top.

Dude that's mental! I'm paying close to $700 right now shipped Lol. That's still good man I expected a lot higher to be honest Lol like close to a $1k

I love that they give you %10 as opposed to the %5 SSC gives. I've always wished SSC did that, I think ppl would buy more and more often

Dude that's mental! I'm paying close to $700 right now shipped Lol. That's still good man I expected a lot higher to be honest Lol like close to a $1k

I love that they give you %10 as opposed to the %5 SSC gives. I've always wished SSC did that, I think ppl would buy more and more often

It's a pretty good deal I know. I've been saving up those Weta Dollars for a bit now. I've been holding on to them for something just like this. Not this piece since we had no idea it was coming but a large scale piece. I did the same thing with Azog to make him about $250 or so cheaper.

I know. I do think Weta's program is a great deal and I wish others would follow the same thing.

Back