Statue Weta: The Hobbit - Gandalf The Grey

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would love to see a close-up of this Galdalf's face...anyone got one? :dunno

Looks great from what I can see so far. :clap

:duff
Bill

I'd have to say that this is my favorite Gandalf to date. I love the pose and the detail - even from the pic you can see the texture on his cloak and the likeness looks outstanding. Right now I have the little sitting Weta Gandalf and I want to get Weta's Fellowship diorama (which also has an awesome version of Gandalf - probably my 2nd favorite). So for right now I'll be passing, but I definitely wouldn't mind having it some time down the road.

As i'm sure Woodsy would admit, this blows the maquette out of the water ;)

nope, the maquette ex pose is epic for me, cloak blowing in wind, staff in front and a great base. And perfect paint.

it's all personal preference, there is no point arguing.

the ss maquette gandalf is still the best for me, this looks good but not the best.

I agree. The SS maquette is very powerful and regal. This looks like somebody stepped on a twig and Gandalf is twirling around to see who is behind him. It's a really great piece, with very dynamic swirling sculpted clothing, but I prefer the bold pose of the SS piece. This comes in second, though. If I wanted two Gandalfs in my collection, I'd be happy to own the Weta version.

I still prefer the PF format over this but this one looks better than the maquette line. Im a great fan of the maquette and i own all of them except the GTG.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

Won't fit with collection as I'm only PFs now, but I'd gladly pick this up to sit on my desk , great detailing.

From Michael Crawford
ru2oa1.jpg

Back