Statue Weta: The Hobbit - Gandalf The Grey

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Courtesey of Actionfigureinsider.com :)

1342084367-13.jpg

Been a while since Ive posted but Ive been checking in on things, and WOW I come back to this! Weta have upped their game with the sculpts it seems especially the face sculpts, just when I thought I didn't need/want another GTG statue................:monkey2:clap

:lecture As we all know that you cannot have too many Gandalfs and this one in particular looks like it could be the best of them all ....there is no choice but to get him! :lecture

Been a while since Ive posted but Ive been checking in on things, and WOW I come back to this! Weta have upped their game with the sculpts it seems especially the face sculpts, just when I thought I didn't need/want another GTG statue................:monkey2:clap

Good to see you around again Alan. :wave

And what a time to come back. :yess:

Yep, the Weta pieces are fantastic. :clap

I was hoping not to get into collecting Hobbit pieces, but I don't think I can resist these. :slap

Darn, hooked already. :slap

:duff
Bill

looks good but i dont need another gandalf especially grey, the ss maquette is perfect for me already.

Hey guys thanks good to be back again and I'll try to stay a bit more regular this time!! Eased off on collecting for a bit due to financial constraints (who hasn't??) but it's SOOOO tough looking at all this amazing new stuff and I can't believe I'm passing on the Ringwraith PF but needs must!! :monkey2
Anyway great to see the new Weta stuff and its turning out to be pretty good quality so far I think? :clap

looks good but i dont need another gandalf especially grey

Yeah, the same has to be said for me, personally. I do think it's the second best GTG rendition (first being PF) but I dont really see me getting it. Who knows though, I'm liking so many of the WETA unvails that I might get it anyway, coz it'll display great with the others :)

He looks great and the robe flows beautifully!
But I'm trying to stick to one statue/character as a general rule and the statue from SSC is already great so I won't get this.

this looks amazing, just started collecting so will def pick up this gandalf.

Now all i need is a 1/6 smaug :)

Awesome, for me it's the best Gandalf item out there.... with a special mention to the SSW Gandalf the White bust!

Better than the original SSW statue, better than the super-hero cartoon maquette, and in my opinion, because i'm a statue collector, better than the PF.

Note to Sideshow - this is how you do 'billowing cape' realistically, with class and subtlety and not have to make it look like a superhero from a comic book.

Back