WETA forums problem

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I understand everyone's frustration but Charles cares

He could speak out and confirm that he is working on it.

I don't think any of us mind waiting. The real problem is the feeling that the site has been completely abandoned, as so far there has been no "official" confirmation that anyone is dealing with the problem.

And if the repairs are difficult and requiring a lot of time, then - as it's been said allready - there are surely people here with the proper know-how, who could help or take care of the problem.

A massive amount of history and information would/is lost though. There maybe an archived version somewhere however?

That's what pains me the most too. So much insider info from Weta was on that site. Not to mention all the discussions.

So on the subject of an archived being somewhere, I went looking.

Only place that I found anything was here: The Shadow and Flame - Home of the Official Weta Forums

However, don't get your hopes up, it's very incomplete, only one snapshot from this year and nothing from 2014.

Basically, its more or less useless, which I think is fairly standard when it comes to forums, just too much to easily capture.

So I'm sad to say, that unless the site comes back up, or we can get a full dump of the database, all the info is gone.

Thought I would pop in and say G'day.
I haven't heard anything further about the status of the Shadow and Flame, and like everyone else feel that it may be a lost cause.

Scriff

There is an alternative.. We could always start a facebook group for the shadow and flame. Or maybe there is one already?

There is an alternative.. We could always start a facebook group for the shadow and flame. Or maybe there is one already?

I've seen one on Facebook, but from what I've seen it's been inactive since Rivendell came out.

Yeah - there us a Facebook page, but it's not well frequented.

I'm not sure Facebook would provide the same level of interactivity as a forum. Thinks tend to get drowned in the noise...

Scriff

Face book is great and Eti's group is flame all the way. But we need a forum that's for sure. I hope Weta get one running if the flame is no more.

join Eti's group on Facebook Lord of the Rings Collectors :)
there are quite a few of us on there, Megan from WETA has joined as well :)

Face book is great and Eti's group is flame all the way. But we need a forum that's for sure. I hope Weta get one running if the flame is no more.

Don't get me wrong - Eti has done a great job to fill a void, but Facebook does have its limitations.

Scriff

FB is a nice filler to go along with a forum but a forum is needed still. It allows us and Weta to come together so much easier. If a new forum is started should/would we call it S&F or something new?

Hot off the press: Unfortunately, Chuck hasn't responded to Pordey's latest attempts to contact him. Pordey, Scriff, Red and myself are looking into options for plan B. Well... Pordey is doing most of the work. He's contacting Magnus tomorrow to ask if we can host the forum on their servers.

I don't know if we're going to be able to move the old forum, but if there's any way to salvage the data, we will look into it. But I think we may need Chuck for that as well...

:(

(On a plus side, a new forum would also mean that we could admit Josh again :) )

Why are some so afraid of Facebook, silly if one asks me, but yet they post in a "forum"..................silly...................

Chuck just give up on the whole thing, what seems to be the issue, I am willing to buy the thing from him if he is not interested in it, seems odd to just throw in the towel all of a sudden?

Back