Statue WETA Fellowship Of The Ring Set 1

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: WETA Fellowship dio

There's no wonder Weta made it an open edition - people are gonna want this for years, especially when they visit the Weta Cave.

Here's a thought for all you snobs who would never consider buying an open edition: imagine if this last piece is limited to say 500 pieces but you could only preorder it if you had preordered the first two. I bet that would make you go ape<censored>. Not that I think it would happend. But boy would it be fun if it did.

In the meantime I got this and will the the rest on preorder. After all I'm a fan, Weta makes great stuff and I' not a ebay flipper, don't give a >bip< about resale value, and don't intend to keep it nib for ever.

:goodpost:

To me, the total price tag is WAY too much for such a tiny set. Another Weta piece bites the dust... (for me.)

I've only got the Uruk helm pending.

Here's a thought for all you snobs who would never consider buying an open edition: imagine if this last piece is limited to say 500 pieces but you could only preorder it if you had preordered the first two. I bet that would make you go ape<censored>. Not that I think it would happend. But boy would it be fun if it did.

In the meantime I got this and will the the rest on preorder. After all I'm a fan, Weta makes great stuff and I' not a ebay flipper, don't give a >bip< about resale value, and don't intend to keep it nib for ever.

:clap great post Stampe! i pre-ordered Set 1 as soon as i could, i can't wait to recieve them all esp. Set 3 with Bill the pony :hi5:

just got the newsletter for set 1 preorder.

3x 5.5" figure for $200 with $20 looking paint quality. Are those guys for real?

Everything about these looks worth the price tag IMO. As I said before these are items I've wanted for a decade and they are here looking great.

oh josh... :slap

oh what? :dunno If you use the zoom feature the paint looks great and I don't mind the price for something that looks this good. Plus when you factor in the wait I'm more than ready to get my money handed over for this.

I actually think the paint is ok. The face sculpts leave a little to be desired but that must be a scale issue. I still can't believe the price, nor can I see anyone thinking this is a good deal for this piece. Given its an open edition I hope I can buy it down the road for a significant reduction, and by that I mean year's down the road :)

I suppose for the $600 some people could also get 2 statues / maquette figures that will probably require repainting or fixing in some way which it seems some are prepared to do :dunno

Just as some people are prepared to pay for 9 figures (+ a pony) in split payments, which though smaller, they appear very well detailed and as a whole represent LOTR more than anything produced as yet :wink1:

As with anything, it is only worth what you're willing to pay and I'm sure there are a lot who want this.

I suppose for the $600 some people could also get 2 statues / maquette figures that will probably require repainting or fixing in some way which it seems some are prepared to do :dunno

I never ever recieved a Weta statue which hasn't to be fixed by myself, so I wouldn't count that in concideration.

I never ever recieved a Weta statue which hasn't to be fixed by myself, so I wouldn't count that in concideration.

Like I said, this collecting game takes all sorts. Some who are willing to pay whatever, some who aren't. Some who demand perfection (based on their view), and some who don't (again based on their view).

I don't think the price has been created simply on demand value and find it odd that there are those who baulk at the price after paying out more on other pieces that could equally be seen as 'over priced' and not 'perfect'.

Dave, I see your point and I don't want to beat the dead horse here. There are collecting moments when I am just floored and the price reveal on this piece was one of them. I guess I was just expecting something half that or less and yes it seems a bit naive in retrospect. I mean gandalf and aragorn were coming in under what I was expecting, Rivendell was way under what most were expecting, Orthanc is very fair as was the OE Bag End (CE is expensive for what you get but yeah I bought one anyway). I'm just trying to picture this thing on my shelf sitting next to two hundred dollar bills let alone the whole thing next to 600 dollars.

How do people handicap this vs the pewter one? Besides the lack of paint is the sculpting softer in pewter? Is that one that much smaller? That cost about half the amount here.

Well, for me the likenesses seem pretty good, paint seems good, and it reminds me of a moment I the movies by those that made them. That makes it a must over anything like it.

Dave, I see your point and I don't want to beat the dead horse here. ..................
How do people handicap this vs the pewter one? Besides the lack of paint is the sculpting softer in pewter? Is that one that much smaller? That cost about half the amount here.

Just passing the day :wink1:

The Noble collection piece measures about 16 inches in total and about 4inches at the highest point. Detailing is there, but no more than any other white metal type piece i.e not very intricate (see previous post for my opinion disclaimer! :lol ).
The price on this varies as I have seen on sale now ranging from £250 - £460, but it is far less visualy pleasing to me than this new Fellowship piece + the film characters are clearly recognisable as opposed to the pewter 'generic' type.

Yeah not too keen on the Frodo and Leggy face sculpts, but I actually quite like Gandie's. It was one of the first things I noticed on the piece that I really liked :)
:gandalf

I agree the image is iconic and really under served by the merchandising. I have long considered grabbing one of these

https://heroicart.com/product_detail.php?pid=298

I agree. It's one of those mysteries how such a recognisable , modern image, has been so overlooked. Right from the release of the FOTR this image of the 9 walkers has been used in various advertising backdrops, yet never fully explored in 3D.

Back