Statue WETA Fellowship Of The Ring Set 1

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: WETA Fellowship dio

Looks great, except Frodo. No likeness at all.
Seems to be a 3-piece dio.
Smart move by Weta, while everyone is complaining about Sideshow not completing the fellowship.

lotrfellowship1alrg.jpg

Last edited:

Oh wow, that's really a pleasant surprise! I just received my Rivendell environment today and after opening it and marvelling at its beauty, I saw its box with a picture of the Fellowship walking on the bridge taken from the movie and I though how nice it would be if Weta would make a diorama of the Fellowship. And lo! I saw this! Oh I hope this is true! It looks so nice. Weta is giving SS a run for its money. Would def look good with the Rivendell environment. I'm slowly getting pulled in by Weta, after SS's recent QC slips with its products. Plus, Weta has 3 warehouses, for us Aussies, shipping from NZ would be cheaper.

:) This diorama reminds me of the Armies of Middle Earth Fellowship collection with exclusive Bill The Pony, which I still have MIB. If this is released, then I will keep my AOME as it is.
6308854017_d577212be6.jpg

Oh wow, that's really a pleasant surprise! I just received my Rivendell environment today and after opening it and marvelling at its beauty, I saw its box with a picture of the Fellowship walking on the bridge taken from the movie and I though how nice it would be if Weta would make a diorama of the Fellowship. And lo! I saw this! Oh I hope this is true! It looks so nice. Weta is giving SS a run for its money. Would def look good with the Rivendell environment. I'm slowly getting pulled in by Weta, after SS's recent QC slips with its products. Plus, Weta has 3 warehouses, for us Aussies, shipping from NZ would be cheaper.

sorry to see that your Boromir had faults :( great that you have Rivendell, i bought the Bag End Collector's version in Feb. and the only thing wrong was that 3 inside windows had no silver paint :(

sorry to see that your Boromir had faults :( great that you have Rivendell, i bought the Bag End Collector's version in Feb. and the only thing wrong was that 3 inside windows had no silver paint :(

Hi BB! I'm really glad I found a fellow Aussie collector who's active in forums. I know there's few out there but you're the most active I guess w/c is good. :) Wow, you have Bag End Collectors Ed! Nice. I also actually snagged a brand new one a few weeks ago from a seller in Spain for less than the original selling price on Weta Shop. I was getting worried if it would arrive. But today I had a postal notice in my mailbox and the article number written there is the same given to me by the seller! So I guess it's already here waiting for collection. I'll find out if it's okay this weekend when I pass by the post. I hope there are no damages though. I told myself I'm not getting into the Weta environments but couldn't help it when they released Rivendell. It was just too hard to pass up. I guess I'll stick to Rivendell and Bag End as these two places are in The Hobbit. Rivendell's price was no joke! I had to live on 2-minute noodles for weeks to pay for it. LOL. Hope Weta offers FlexPay just like SS.:lol

Are you into the SS maquette line or also have PFs?

Which other Weta enviro do you have? I'm actually keen on having The Argonath - missed out on that. Do you have Orthanc and wow, they're releasing Barad-dur next to complete TTT.

I'm a relatively new collector of SS and Weta LOTR stuff. Just started this year actually. My first ever LOTR SS maquette and item was Aragorn Ex.

Hi BB! I'm really glad I found a fellow Aussie collector who's active in forums. I know there's few out there but you're the most active I guess w/c is good. :) Wow, you have Bag End Collectors Ed! Nice. I also actually snagged a brand new one a few weeks ago from a seller in Spain for less than the original selling price on Weta Shop. I was getting worried if it would arrive. But today I had a postal notice in my mailbox and the article number written there is the same given to me by the seller! So I guess it's already here waiting for collection. I'll find out if it's okay this weekend when I pass by the post. I hope there are no damages though. I told myself I'm not getting into the Weta environments but couldn't help it when they released Rivendell. It was just too hard to pass up. I guess I'll stick to Rivendell and Bag End as these two places are in The Hobbit. Rivendell's price was no joke! I had to live on 2-minute noodles for weeks to pay for it. LOL. Hope Weta offers FlexPay just like SS.:lol

:wave i'm a newbie to collecting LOTR stuff. i mainly post on S&F. from what i've read Rivendell is amazing but some people recieved a few with flaws, like chipped tiles etc. but it looks like an amazing enviro. to have. Bag End is great, i'm sure it won't have any flaws :clap

Are you into the SS maquette line or also have PFs?

Which other Weta enviro do you have? I'm actually keen on having The Argonath - missed out on that. Do you have Orthanc and wow, they're releasing Barad-dur next to complete TTT.

I'm a relatively new collector of SS and Weta LOTR stuff. Just started this year actually. My first ever LOTR SS maquette and item was Aragorn Ex.

Boromir will be my first maquette :) just hoping i get one that's not too damaged. i only have Bag End and BuckleBury Ferry, i didn't buy Orthanc. I am looking forward to seeing what Barad Dur will turn out like, is the eye there or not? :ogat i would love Weta to give us a good size Minas Tirith :rock i only started collecting in early Feb. i bought the little Gandalf from Weta and Smeagol/Gollum from Sideshow. i jagged the Aragorn PF in March, he popped back up in Sideshow's shop :hi5: GTG i bought on Ebay for $300 which is what Sideshow was asking?? my fav. of my small collection is the Treebeard bust which i bought on ebay for $310 :yess: i love this Ent!

Last edited:

Very nice :clap! I've passed up on lots of GTG PFs on Ebay, as I was still deciding that time whether to go PF or maquette. But now I think I'll have them mixed. I'll soon have Smeagol/Gollum PF when I pay my last FlexPay this 15th. I love Treebeard too. But I don't have the Weta bust. They are selling now for hefty prices on eBay. I only have the ToyBiz just like yours. :) I would like to have Aragorn PF, as I really like him having the Elven cloak and the Elven brooch. Did you pre-order Weta Strider? How about the RWOS SS?

Looks great, except Frodo. No likeness at all.
Seems to be a 3-piece dio.
Smart move by Weta, while everyone is complaining about Sideshow not completing the fellowship.

lotrfellowship1alrg.jpg

Awesome. What's scale?

:wave i'm a newbie to collecting LOTR stuff. i mainly post on S&F. from what i've read Rivendell is amazing but some people recieved a few with flaws, like chipped tiles etc. but it looks like an amazing enviro. to have. Bag End is great, i'm sure it won't have any flaws :clap

Boromir will be my first maquette :) just hoping i get one that's not too damaged. i only have Bag End and BuckleBury Ferry, i didn't buy Orthanc. I am looking forward to seeing what Barad Dur will turn out like, is the eye there or not? :ogat i would love Weta to give us a good size Minas Tirith :rock i only started collecting in early Feb. i bought the little Gandalf from Weta and Smeagol/Gollum from Sideshow. i jagged the Aragorn PF in March, he popped back up in Sideshow's shop :hi5: GTG i bought on Ebay for $300 which is what Sideshow was asking?? my fav. of my small collection is the Treebeard bust which i bought on ebay for $310 :yess: i love this Ent!

Here's my Rivendell, not completely taken out of the box, as I was busy watching State of Origin Game 2! Yes NSW won! Thankfully my Rivendell looks okay, with no peeling roofs. The colours look quite different though with the flash from the camera. It looks sharper with the flash.

Not sure on scale as the products been removed, but think 'Toy Biz' size as a fellow S+F member suggested and I think you will get a good idea.
It seems to be a 3 part set and a pretty iconic representation of the Fellowship as the 9 walkers. And for those with 'look alike' problems I suggested spraying it black so they have the silhouette version until something remotely better comes along :wink1:

Very nice :clap! I've passed up on lots of GTG PFs on Ebay, as I was still deciding that time whether to go PF or maquette. But now I think I'll have them mixed. I'll soon have Smeagol/Gollum PF when I pay my last FlexPay this 15th. I love Treebeard too. But I don't have the Weta bust. They are selling now for hefty prices on eBay. I only have the ToyBiz just like yours. :) I would like to have Aragorn PF, as I really like him having the Elven cloak and the Elven brooch. Did you pre-order Weta Strider? How about the RWOS SS?

i was very surprised at just how good the paint work is on Gollum/Smeagol, just amazing. well worth getting :rock if you can get GTG PF for around $300 go for it, he's amazing, the best of my 4 PFs :gandalf the EX. sells for $$$ on Ebay, at least the sellers want alot. i managed to get Treebeard for a great price, only $10 more then SideshowWeta's original price and the aussie dollar was pretty weak in 2004.

I have ordered Weta's Strider to sit next to the Weta Gandalf :) SS RWOS is too much $$$ for me :horror i can imagine the postage could be $200.

Back