weathering a leather jacket

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drdandalek

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi guys. I want to weather a black leather jacket to go on my 9th Doctor Who coat. His coat is kind of weathered around the shoulder area.any help will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Get a few different grains. Start weathering with the finest grain and go from there. And there is a BIG difference in weathering between a faux leather jacket and a real one so make sure what you have :)

Get some of the wet & dry grit sand paper. They usually come in a pack of about 20 with various grains.
You could try wetting the leather and wrinkling it, then letting it dry to try and create some creases.
Wetting it also gives it a better fit if you press it to the figure while wet, and let it dry.

Get some of the wet & dry grit sand paper. They usually come in a pack of about 20 with various grains.
You could try wetting the leather and wrinkling it, then letting it dry to try and create some creases.
Wetting it also gives it a better fit if you press it to the figure while wet, and let it dry.

Awesome. I appreciate the advice.

Also, be carecful not to sand heavily over the stitching. This will loosen it and can cause the seams to come apart.

Back