Watchmen 2: Electric Boogaloo

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This may be a bad idea, but the Adams covers will be nice.

1328041553.jpg

Straczynski on Dr. Manhattan is the worst news in the world for me. The guy completely went left on Superman: Earth One and the fact he'll be crafting something for my favorite character makes me want to kick puppies.

What happened to Dave Gibbons? I thought he was going to be on at least one book?

These books will be pretty based on some of the art talent (very surprised there isn't a Jim Lee or Rob Liefeld book) but I'm not too keen on the storytellers save maybe Darwyn Cooke

Straczynski on Dr. Manhattan is the worst news in the world for me. The guy completely went left on Superman: Earth One and the fact he'll be crafting something for my favorite character makes me want to kick puppies.

What happened to Dave Gibbons? I thought he was going to be on at least one book?

These books will be pretty based on some of the art talent (very surprised there isn't a Jim Lee or Rob Liefeld book) but I'm not too keen on the storytellers save maybe Darwyn Cooke

I've heard Dave Gibbons will be doing variant covers, which makes sense. That might actually get me to buy variants for once.

I'm also surprised that JMS is doing 2 of the books, and not thrilled about that either. At least we know Dr. Manhattan will look good with Adam involved. I kinda like Brian Azzarello, though. And Darwyn Cooke is great.

I just thank God the names Rob Liefeld, Jim Lee, Dan DiDio and Geoff Johns are not involved. That would have made me go thermonuclear.

Azz is a wild card, some stuff I like others like his big time Superman run after Hush, "For Tomorrow" was utter crap. Like I said they'll look pretty as least even if the stories are subpar. My expections are severely low.

I'm interested, and confused. On one hand, I'm thinking that "Watchmen needing a prequel is like saying that the Bible needs a prequel, pffft," but on the other hand, I'm a big fan of Azzarrello, even moreso when he's collaborating with Bermejo, and a character like Rorschach just "fits" with his style. I'm more curious as to what format this is. Is it 7 mini-series or one weekly series consisting of an issue of one of the mini-series each week? Also, I don't think we've heard anything about a release date, have we?

The only one of the announced miniseries that isn't completely insulting to the original work is also the one I'm looking forward to the most: Darwyn Cooke's MINUTEMEN. That actually makes sense and could work.

I'm interested, and confused. On one hand, I'm thinking that "Watchmen needing a prequel is like saying that the Bible needs a prequel, pffft," but on the other hand, I'm a big fan of Azzarrello, even moreso when he's collaborating with Bermejo, and a character like Rorschach just "fits" with his style. I'm more curious as to what format this is. Is it 7 mini-series or one weekly series consisting of an issue of one of the mini-series each week? Also, I don't think we've heard anything about a release date, have we?

7 mini-series. Each will have a total of either 4 or 6 monthly issues. And then there will be a single Epilogue issue after all the miniseries complete. So there will be about 39 single issues total, with at least one shipping each week beginning this Summer (most likely June or July).

Jae Lee is going to do some really awesome stuff in Ozymandias. Looking forward to that.

That new DC logo looks like ass. Awful.

The only one of the announced miniseries that isn't completely insulting to the original work is also the one I'm looking forward to the most: Darwyn Cooke's MINUTEMEN. That actually makes sense and could work.

That's because the whole story of that group hasn't really been mined and could be done without really infringing on the actual story. Not to mention using New Frontier as a guide, a Golden Age story of the precursors of the team we know is almost endearing.

That's because the whole story of that group hasn't really been mined and could be done without really infringing on the actual story. Not to mention using New Frontier as a guide, a Golden Age story of the precursors of the team we know is almost endearing.

Exactly my reasoning.

I'll say this, I love Gibbons but his Laurie never spawned the awakening of the Kraken as Adam Hughes' piece does just from that cover.

That's the one I'm most interested in.

That new DC logo looks like ass. Awful.

Agreed. It's terrible.

:lecture

I'll say this, I love Gibbons but his Laurie never spawned the awakening of the Kraken as Adam Hughes' piece does just from that cover.

:lol

First when I saw RORSCHACH (4 issues) I was thinking, "huh, how can he be back, he died", but now I see these are prequels.

Uhhh, didn't Watchmen cover everyone's backgrounds? We saw what Rorschach was doing and who he was before the present day story in Watchmen. This applies to nearly everyone.

I don't get it.

Specially Dr. Manhatthan I really can't see what they will do there, I think everything that needed to be said for him was said, :slap

F this.

A little presumptuous, but I completely agree with Alan Moore.

One reason Watchmen is so great, is that the backstory is baked right into the book, so there's no reason for a prequel. Anybody who's read the book and comprehended what they were reading will understand this. So that means the only people involved in this project are people who don't know much about the source material, or just don't care.

I don't see how anybody could see this as a good idea.

I mean Even Night Owl 2 and Rorschach Kicking butt together was done, in the Videogame, which is one of the one things that I could see someone using, It really baffles me, how will they make a prequel,
unless they base the issues on like, random days in the lives of each hero, like, nothing really important but just random one offs, which is unnecessary

the only one im really looking forward to is Rorschach, to see what they do, but his back story was fully covered, and the speeches he gave in the book pretty much explained everything about him and how he thinks, I could see prequels on Ozymandias an Silk spectre because they didn't get that much coverage, but Rorschach and Manhattan is reaching a little too much

Here's hoping that Hughes doesn't endow his males as much as his women.

Couldn't care less about that. Adam can draw 2 page splashes with nothing but blue _____ as long as JMS' writing doesn't completely suck wind. THAT is what worries me about that book.

I have this scary, sneaking suspicion that JT Krul's New 52 Captain Atom may wind up being a better Dr. Manhattan than the one in this actual WATCHMEN project.

Back