Want to Buy My First Hot Toy Figure, But First Some ?'s...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The durablity of some hot toy figures before about the time the wolverine figure came out was not great, after that figure though they changed the type of plastic to one that is not fragile. The older ones used to break at the knee with little effort but this has been fixed for a few years now. While I would'nt recommend actually playing rough with them they will pose great without fear of breakage.

Alright! Getting set to preorder. My last question is, does anyone here highly recommend one store over another? Because in the highly unlikely event that I, say, receive a Loki with defects, I want a damn return/exchange policy. Amazing how many stores give you grief over that kind of stuff now.

Also, I saw some people talking about how stores like Sideshow listed how many they had left (apparently some places were running low on...Loki. LOL). I'm not seeing that....

Sideshow Collectibles have a great customer service department. I feel safe ordering from them and choose to even when other stores are marginally cheaper.

Not sure what figure you're thinking of grabbing or what you're into, but the Captain Jack Sparrow is really amazing and would blow you away.

Well, the Loki figure is $10-19 cheaper on some sites, but I rather pay extra for good customer service.

Well, the Loki figure is $10-19 cheaper on some sites, but I rather pay extra for good customer service.

You do realize that Loki isn't going to be shipped until AT LEAST December, right? (And these things are often delayed by months.)

But anyway, I'm grabbing him too.

BBTS.com is my online store of choice, but from what I've read here cornerstorecomics, alteregocomics and vikingplayground.com are all good too.

You do realize that Loki isn't going to be shipped until AT LEAST December, right? (And these things are often delayed by months.)

But anyway, I'm grabbing him too.

Yeeeees.... Why?

I figure I shouldn't wait until the last minute to preorder...

In regards to the Rubber deteriorating, one of my first HT's was Alien :Kane. got him approx 3-4 years ago,and to this day there is no visual deterioration in his suit.but saying that the room its kept in is pretty cool(no more then 72F)

Hot Toys do make quality products in general. Some issues did happen once in awhile for certain products and rubber material do get tricky depending on the weather and how you store or display you toys.
So far my Batmen are fine. The only rubber ripping problem I had was with the 5" Batman Begins figures I bought which was made by Mattel.

Is rubber generally only used on non-human figures and superheroes/characters like Batman, Iron Man, etc? It doesn't look like Loki or Cap would have any rubber on them... I suppose I could be wrong, though.

Back