VTS TOYS 1/6 WASTELAND RANGER - Furiosa

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After test different bodys the best option is: modern life head + Ripley body, you can use the arms of the VTS. The second best option is Rey hot toys body.

A $300+ headsculpt is the best option?? maybe if you have the extra cash,
but im not dropping $160 for a fig for parts, then an additional $80 for a body, a $300 headsculpt, and possibly more cash on other custom parts?? NO WAY!!

It's obviously a much better likeness, but even when dirtied up the ML seems a bit too glamorous somehow for Furiosa. Like she's about to walk the red carpet at a premiere.

About the arms they need repaint, Ripley body or Pepper Pots body needs weathering. Sorry but the headsculpt of VTS is subscaled for any 1/6 scale do you use. You can use some body 1/6 like Scarlett Johanson and the head can be good, but likeness to Charlize Theron needs more hight

I'm sorry, none of MLs sculpts are worth the asking price. I will totally concede that their Max is fantastic but not $300 good. There are a handful of Max sculpts from artists on this board that are as good, and even with a good painter on it, you'll come out below their offering.

Whats the pastel powder method?
If you don’t mind me asking.

I got the tutorial from OSW a couple of years ago. It's a tedious way but it works
  1. You make fine powder out of pastel by sanding/scraping. Basically it becomes color pigment powder. I use white, pink, yellow peach, brown, dark brown..etc
  2. Using paint brush, you mix the powder colors and apply on the silicone surface little by little.
  3. Use brush to set the pigment onto silicone surface. No brushing thou. just light dabbing

*Catch - Once it's set, it doen't come off. - meaning You can only go darker. Once you make mistake - there is no undo (as far as I know)
Try colors on area that's not gonna be exposed after you're done.

I got the tutorial from OSW a couple of years ago. It's a tedious way but it works
  1. You make fine powder out of pastel by sanding/scraping. Basically it becomes color pigment powder. I use white, pink, yellow peach, brown, dark brown..etc
  2. Using paint brush, you mix the powder colors and apply on the silicone surface little by little.
  3. Use brush to set the pigment onto silicone surface. No brushing thou. just light dabbing

*Catch - Once it's set, it doen't come off. - meaning You can only go darker. Once you make mistake - there is no undo (as far as I know)
Try colors on area that's not gonna be exposed after you're done.

Awesome may need to do that as phicen are pretty light even the suntan one.
Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes s23b body from the looks of it
2d243ae0c18abebad8bc8cc6768cb2ed.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes -- I knew I recognized the shoulder muscle.

Personally, I love the muscular arms and I think the smallish head works to make her appear stronger and larger.

Waist is a bit slim and bust a bit large (all fixable) but this is much better than the stock body.

The only issue I see is that the head doesn't look like it can fit on that rubber neck. Might require dremmeling the socket larger. But I believe most people will eventually want a better head anyway.

I'm excited that we may be able to have a suitable Furiosa after all.

I have never modded a figure before, but seeing the greasy forehead does make her look a lot better. And those pix on instagram with the new body makes her look much more menacing as she should be :). I was wondering, is there anyone can explain how to paint her forehead and what kind of paint to use?

Also what is a good place to buy a S23B 1/6 figure body other than eBay?

Last edited:
Back