VTS Toys :1/6 NEW EPOCH COP (VM-013)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm re-working this piece again to try and get it look a little better....the synthetic hair is a nightmare to work with and it's too straight, but i darkened and dirtied it up to look a bit better.

I also lightened the lips...added some teeth...thickened up the eyebrows and added some subtle weathering to the boots and armor.

There's still not a whole lot of Ms Thirlby in the likeness but it's a little more pleasing to the eye...well my eye at least:)

DSC_0733.JPGView attachment 456914DSC_0731.jpgDSC_0774.JPGDSC_0735.jpgDSC_0736.JPG

Well inspired by Raymond F, I decided to finally pick up this figure and try my first ever rooted hair. It was tedious work and unfortunately the color ended up being a bit more orange than I expected, but I think I'm still fairly happy with the end result. And I also gave the head a repaint to try to bring it as close to Thirlby as I could (with those moles and thick eyebrows of hers), even though there wasn't much to work with sculpt-wise.

I also switched out the body suit with the one from the Art Figures version so I could have the more accurate kneepads. And then weathered the whole thing up to match the movie better. And then finally printed up some logos for the base.

20190829_215346 (2).jpg

20190829_221446 (2).jpg

20190829_221744 (2).jpg

20190829_220912 (2).jpg

20190829_230220 (2).jpg

Well inspired by Raymond F, I decided to finally pick up this figure and try my first ever rooted hair. It was tedious work and unfortunately the color ended up being a bit more orange than I expected, but I think I'm still fairly happy with the end result. And I also gave the head a repaint to try to bring it as close to Thirlby as I could (with those moles and thick eyebrows of hers), even though there wasn't much to work with sculpt-wise.

I also switched out the body suit with the one from the Art Figures version so I could have the more accurate kneepads. And then weathered the whole thing up to match the movie better. And then finally printed up some logos for the base.

View attachment 465398

View attachment 465399

View attachment 465400

View attachment 465401

View attachment 465402

WOW. Incredible.

View attachment 465398

View attachment 465399

View attachment 465400

View attachment 465401

View attachment 465402

Wow! Great work!!! Did you just cut the hair and shape it?

Wow davejames that?s insane! If you don't do this stuff you won?t resize this but it takes an incredible amount of skill to pull off how naturally the fringe and curls work there. It?s one of the best jobs I?ve seen. It?s way easier to just do a Aragorn or John wick or whatever type dude haircut. Makes me want to redo mine.

Thanks guys!

Wow! Great work!!! Did you just cut the hair and shape it?

Yeah after attaching the rooted hair I then cut it and styled it, although there were some areas like the bangs where it already has the look I was going for.

Wow davejames that?s insane! If you don't do this stuff you won?t resize this but it takes an incredible amount of skill to pull off how naturally the fringe and curls work there. It?s one of the best jobs I?ve seen. It?s way easier to just do a Aragorn or John wick or whatever type dude haircut. Makes me want to redo mine.

Ha yeah, I probably could have picked a much easier figure to do my first rooted hair on! It was a much messier process than I was expecting from the tutorials I've seen, with superglue constantly getting everywhere and the hair not wanting to stay attached, but somehow it all came together at the end, and hopefully will go much smoother on future attempts.

Back