Viewing Orders in My Account

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomandshell

Blue Flame of the West/Mod
Reaction score
When you go to view your orders on your account home page at the Sideshow site, it shows you only a limited number of the most recent orders placed, with the order number and date. If you go to the "cancel order" page, you get (all on one screen) a nice listing of every single outstanding order. (By which I mean the orders that haven't shipped yet, since every order from Sideshow is "outstanding." :D ) In addition to seeing every order and not having to navigate through multiple pages, you can also see immediately what item is in each order without clicking, and you can see the item price. You can also double check the exact time of the order, and not just the date.

Is it possible for the website to one day have an order history page that provides all the information that we get on the cancellation page? I end up using that to review my current orders since it gives lots more information, but it sure makes me nervous clicking around there--I worry that I might accidently cancel something. So for my Christmas present this year, I would like an order history page that gives me, at a glance, all of the information that is listed on the cancellation page, without the worry and stress that come from hanging around the most depressing page on the Sideshow website.

Thanks!

i agree tom.it is a bit scary,your only 1 click away from
oblivion.but as you pointed out its the only way to view
orders easily

Great idea. I still have things listed as "shipping soon" that I received a long time ago. It could use an update.

regards.

:duff

Tom, I was thinking the same thing just the other day! It would be so nice to have a more detailed description, such as the one on the 'Cancel Orders' page. It would definitely be helpful in keeping track of orders; most of the time I find myself fumbling around with order numbers until I find the right one. Another thing that I would like to see happen when you do cancel an order would be for it to be removed from your orders page. It seems like for every order I do keep, I have to cancel something else and those cancellations add up making 'My account' look cluttered. That's just a suggestion.

I see it like that too. A change as Tom proposes would be a real advance. I'm also tired of clicking through the different pages of "previous orders". If everything would be visible in just one page, our lives would be a bit easier. Going to the "cancel an order" page is not a real option, since as Tom pointed out, it's pretty stressful... I wouldn't want to push the wrong buttons on that page!

yeah i was cancelling some orders the other day and wondered why that page shows more info than the actual preview page. it would make sense to have the preview page with that info so people dont accidently cancel something they dont want to.

Completely agree with this idea. It can be a little frustrating trying to navigate through so many pages of pre-orders to find a certain order.

I only use the "cancel order" page to view all my outstanding pre-orders/waitlists. It would certainly help us if the Account page is better organised for ease of viewing instead of having to click page by page.

It would be nice to look at what I have on order without using the cancel option. What scares me the most is seeing how many things I have on order. :horror

Batty said:
It would be nice to look at what I have on order without using the cancel option. What scares me the most is seeing how many things I have on order. :horror

Makes you want to click the cancel button right?

DarthRamuk said:
Makes you want to click the cancel button right?
I wouldn't even think about it. :D With all the things I've ordered, I don't think I've ever canceled anything.

I started just ordering the things that I knew for sure that I wanted, then freaked out when I changed my mind after things sold out and then it was too late, so I started ordering everything just to be safe and then cancel later, and now I am starting to move back to ordering things I am more sure about. But you never know how fast something will sell out, and thankfully Sideshow doesn't have any penalties for cancelling, so it helps if you need some time to think about it.

Thanks for all the great suggestions! As you know, we are always trying to improve the ordering and web experience at our site :duff

carbo-fation said:
SS really needs to work on updating the buyer history. My Darth Vader PF is still listed as Shippinig soon.

You think that's bad! I still have a Uruk-Hai Berserker Bust (that Sold Out and I didn't receive), the Popbot Exculsive statue and Pippin, all "Shipping Soon"!! On top of that, my contest winnings from LAST years Comic Con chats are "still processing" and waiting to ship, even though I recieved them in record time almost a year ago; and an order for the "12 inches Never Looked So Good" limited poster is still processing even though I have received it also! And up until a few months ago, the last two Medallions in the Medallion program (yes that would be #15 and #16!! with the Wiki Crown) still showed as not being shipped! They caught that one and cleaned it up shortly after the User Account updates occured! :rotfl

well i've had to cancel orders before and if it's of any consolation, after you cancel your order/s, an email will be sent to you.

to confirm that you really did cancel it. and if you had done it by mistake or you weren't the one who cancelled, you just have to send an email asap to them to let them know.

so no worries there that once you hit cancel there's no turning back and they will immediately have your order to the next in line in the waiting list. i believe that their system is not automatic and they actually review it and convert waiting lists themselves instead of the system doing it.

Soooo.... any news regarding Tom's suggestions for the customers account? It would be a advance. I've noticed some time ago, that one can now actually delete obsolete shipping addresses. Thanks for that.

Back