'Video games a bigger problem than guns'

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not gonna continue an internet fight as they acomplish nothing, and just get people pissed for no reason.

I view guns as death machines, nothing else and less is better. That's my opinion, if you wish to view guns as collectibles or toys and compare them to everyday items that's your concern.

I don't. I view them as tools for killing people. Why are you so concerned that people who are not murderers possess them?

Unfortunately humanity is a cruel animal that will always kill, imo guns just make it much easier.

Exactly, that's why the second amendment is so important. :goodpost::lecture

Personally I don't think there is a better way to stop a killer.

I'm not gonna continue an internet fight as they acomplish nothing, and just get people pissed for no reason.

YOU accused those of us defending gun rights as not giving a damn about the lives of murdered school children. Now you want to crawl away like an itty bitty bug because, why, exactly?

Because people will get mad for NO REASON? :mad:

You're correct in determining that I'm pretty ****ing mad right now, but I'd have to be a halfwit to think it was for no goddamned reason.

Hey BadMoon, are you worried that farmers are going to blow up federal buildings because they possess tons of fertilizer?

As I understand it, the people who aren't rallying to ban fertilizer don't give a damn about the entire daycare that was slaughtered when McVeigh blew up the Murrah Building. :dunno

What do I know? I'm just a fat red neck. I'm hoping to move to NY soon so I can no longer purchase large beverages. I'm hoping it helps with my weight problem. I hate being accountable for my own obesity.

What do I know? I'm just a fat red neck. I'm hoping to move to NY soon so I can no longer purchase large beverages. I'm hoping it helps with my weight problem. I hate being accountable for my own obesity.

I'm going to make daily inspections and make sure you don't have any salt either you fat criminal

I heard sitting on your *** all day playing video games can be unhealthy as well. Hopefully NY will consider imposing curfews on the number of hours you can play at a time. Won't be long before it's the safest place on Earth.

:peace

this thread is so full of hypocrisy.

Video game nerds are offended that people view video games as the cause of violent acts.

yet the very same video game nerds have no problem pointing their finger to lawful and legal gun owners as the "real" problem violence exists.

Give me a ****ing break!!

and like people have stated before, come and take them.

I view guns as death machines, nothing else and less is better. That's my opinion, if you wish to view guns as collectibles or toys and compare them to everyday items that's your concern.

This genius probably has a Piers Morgan shrine in his bedroom.

BEaS4.jpg

I live in the UK and I agree to an extent with our gun laws. We have relatively low rates of gun related crime here but pretty high rates of knife crime and serious assault so the nut jobs still find a way to kill and destroy when they can. There's also the point that in my city Glasgow and indeed many others up and down the UK if you know who to speak to and where to go you can obtain an illegal firearm for a price so outright bans do not always stop the problems completely. They do strongly hinder them though.

My father owned guns when I was young, he has served with the military and was a member of a gun club and used to shoot hand guns and shotguns for sport. This was all pre 96 before handguns where banned outright here in the UK and gun laws tightened significantly across the board. He taught me to shoot (although it's been many many years since I have) and I have never feared guns as in TRAINED hands they are a very effective tool whether it be for sport or self defence. That last statement brings me to my main gripe with the US and it's gun laws. I have visited the US a lot been pretty much at least once a year every year since I was 12 and I am friends with a great number of Americans but it is too easy in your country to obtain a firearm. Yes there are security checks, disclosures to be fulfilled and paperwork to be completed as well as the 'cooling' off period before you can collect the gun but just about anybody can own one. As far as I am aware there's no specific training course or the like that's completion is a compulsory factor in owning a firearm but I'm sure this will vary state to state.

The main thing I hate about the UK is how 'liberal' our government is when it comes to criminals. If somebody breaks into my home and I hurt them whether it be serious or not whilst defending myself and my girlfriend it's me who ends up with charges. You have the right in the UK to defend yourself and your family with 'reasonable force', there is no definition of what this 'reasonable force' can be though.

I'm sorry if you have chosen to break the law you have no rights in my eyes. I should have the ability to defend myself via any means necessary when in my own home. That is something I strongly believe the US have got right. There laws on guns have always divided opinions worldwide but If some breaks into your home in the US you can shoot them and you won't go to prison. When a person breaks into another's home in my eye's there 'rights' have gone.

To actually answer the OP point it's nonsense to blame video games and movies for a persons actions. The individual should be held to account for what they have done no one else is to blame.

If memory serves a similar thread was closed earlier this month because of the same topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back