V1 Snake eyes with V2 Body?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JCFETT

Super Freak
Reaction score
Wanted to ask... has anyone tried porting over the V2 Snake eyes (and timber) Body over to the V1 Snake eyes commando body? It's something I'm interested in doing if anyone has done it would appreciate knowing if the body fits inside his suit.

Was also thinking of a Snake eyes V2 body on the V1 Storm Shadow. That way they both have the arashikage tattoo :) I know the center body is black but you wouldn't see it anyways... unless you like undressing your figures... :slap

UNSEEN

IMG_3857.jpg

These are pictures of the Version 2 body on both Storm Shadow and the Original Sideshow Snake Eyes. I like the size better especially the arms and the tattoo on all 3 is cool to have. The shirt sleeves are very tight to get on though so becareful. I am thinking of taking the sleeves off Storm Shadows shirt to give the original card art look.

Attachments

• IMG_8845.jpg
    IMG_8845.jpg
    334.4 KB · Views: 223
WOW. This is exactly what I was talking about. FANTASTIC JOB Punisher!

A few questions if you don't mind me asking... how does the skin tone work for Storm Shadow to reveal his forearms? And do you think it's possible to remove the V2 Snake Eyes visor and swap it to the V1 Snake Eyes head? I think the Cloth look for the head looks MUCH better. But I mean.. I guess it makes sense since most heads are plastic (stormy, firefly etc...) but I just think the cloth material heads looks so much better!

Thanks again bro, aced it!

Evilface is right the skin tone is much lighter. If you heat up the head you could probably pop the visor off but I have never tried. I like the cloth head but I am actually pretty happy with new plastic head on the ninja version of Snake Eyes. I am still a big fan of the commando look overall and I bought an aci sweater to give the original card art look.

You can remove the visor but the visor has a peg that attaches to the head. You will have to either cut the peg off the visor or dremel a hole on the face to fit the peg.

I'm in the midst of doing this right now for Storm Shadow. I'm just waiting on my mother-in-law to come visit and show me how to sew (I know, lol) so I can modify the neck on a white t-shirt I got off eBay (gotta be longer so it covers the whole neck right up to the head).

Check out the last 2-3 pages of the Storm Shadow pic thread for examples of others doing this. Looks great.

Is the skin tone a match? Not perfect, but good enough. If it starts to bother me I guess I'll just have to track down some different hands.

I've been thinking of getting other bodies to swap out as well, including one for V1 SE... not sure if I NEED the V2 Snake Eyes body for him, though, since I won't be showing the tattoo on him... Was thinking of just grabbing a KO TrueType, heard they were okay...

Evilface is right the skin tone is much lighter. If you heat up the head you could probably pop the visor off but I have never tried. I like the cloth head but I am actually pretty happy with new plastic head on the ninja version of Snake Eyes. I am still a big fan of the commando look overall and I bought an aci sweater to give the original card art look.

maybe I could do a light tan wash over the arms with testors acrylic.

As far as the head, that's exactly what I was thinking, heating it up, popping the visor and dremeling it to the other head. I have a feeling that visor with that head will be ace.

Thanks for all the help guys!

I'm in the midst of doing this right now for Storm Shadow. I'm just waiting on my mother-in-law to come visit and show me how to sew (I know, lol) so I can modify the neck on a white t-shirt I got off eBay (gotta be longer so it covers the whole neck right up to the head).

Check out the last 2-3 pages of the Storm Shadow pic thread for examples of others doing this. Looks great.

Is the skin tone a match? Not perfect, but good enough. If it starts to bother me I guess I'll just have to track down some different hands.

I've been thinking of getting other bodies to swap out as well, including one for V1 SE... not sure if I NEED the V2 Snake Eyes body for him, though, since I won't be showing the tattoo on him... Was thinking of just grabbing a KO TrueType, heard they were okay...

interesting! so you're saying with the old V1 body suit, it will not fit the V2 SE Body all the way up the neck? Sewing is a real cinch, just need to know the basics, be careful and take your time and you can do some very nice sewing. I learned from doing all my WWII jackets with patches :lecture

OH and any chance you can link me to that stormy thread? can't find it :/ still kinda a newb here.

interesting! so you're saying with the old V1 body suit, it will not fit the V2 SE Body all the way up the neck? Sewing is a real cinch, just need to know the basics, be careful and take your time and you can do some very nice sewing. I learned from doing all my WWII jackets with patches :lecture

OH and any chance you can link me to that stormy thread? can't find it :/ still kinda a newb here.

Crap, just lost a whole reply I was typing up... Okay, in a nutshell...

Here's the link: https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...7-Official-Sideshow-Storm-Shadow-Photo-thread

I wasn't talking about the V1 Snake Eyes suit, just a white t-shirt I'm modifying for Storm Shadow to get the original sleeveless look. That's why I got the V2 Snake Eyes body in the first place - for the muscled arms, and the good skin tone match (not perfect, but apparently about as good as you can get according to the above thread). The Arashikage tattoo is a really nice bonus!

I haven't bothered replacing my V1 Snake Eyes body, at least not yet... seems like a real pain, removing the visor and what not... But then again, I'm a newb myself when it comes to any kind of modification. I haven't even tried a body swap until recently!

Welcome to the boards, btw!

maybe I could do a light tan wash over the arms with testors acrylic.

As far as the head, that's exactly what I was thinking, heating it up, popping the visor and dremeling it to the other head. I have a feeling that visor with that head will be ace.

Thanks for all the help guys!

Be sure to post Pic's Please.:) :welcome1:

Crap, just lost a whole reply I was typing up... Okay, in a nutshell...

Here's the link: https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...7-Official-Sideshow-Storm-Shadow-Photo-thread

I wasn't talking about the V1 Snake Eyes suit, just a white t-shirt I'm modifying for Storm Shadow to get the original sleeveless look. That's why I got the V2 Snake Eyes body in the first place - for the muscled arms, and the good skin tone match (not perfect, but apparently about as good as you can get according to the above thread). The Arashikage tattoo is a really nice bonus!

I haven't bothered replacing my V1 Snake Eyes body, at least not yet... seems like a real pain, removing the visor and what not... But then again, I'm a newb myself when it comes to any kind of modification. I haven't even tried a body swap until recently!

Welcome to the boards, btw!

damn sorry about the post loss! You're a champ for retyping :clap

well I've been modding/painting small scale joes for a while now, I got really good with tamiya epoxy shaping things like hair and accessories etc. So I love the process of kitbashing and modding... but yeah I JUST started with 12" Sideshow Joe figs. so all this info is SUPER valuable to me.

I guess where I'm getting lost is... I'm going to cut the sleeves off the original storm shadow V1 (don't care for them at all)... but when I swap the body to V2 SE, that body has a black center and neck, how does the Stormy V1 body suit cover the neck area? You know what I mean? I guess I'll need to wait until my figure comes in first to pop the head off. I just want to make sure that indeed the black body wont be shown. It seems other people figured it out so I'm sure I will :)

I guess lastly would be where can I get some better stormy pants and a white hood! These pics by Mando and Firefly are FRIGGING AWESOME:

12112391704_8476d396d2_z.jpg

017-14_zps549dbdf0.jpg

HMMMM it looks like the NECK area is REMOVEABLE? So does that mean I will want to use the ORIGINAL Neck area's from V1 Storm Shadow and V1 Snake Eyes for these V2 bodies?

SET-22A.JPG

Or do I need to buy these necks too?

SET-03.JPG

Confirmed. Necks are swappable within Prometheus bodies.

I'm pulling the trigger on two of these SE V2 bodies and a SE v2 Classic Visor head and going to do the fabric swap. BUT before I do that, I'm going to try and paint the head a darker black and see how that comes out first before. Since most heads are actually plastic looking, maybe he wont look bad in just a darker black head keeping the visor as is.

Will update soon :)

Has anyone tried this body? TTM19 "Custom" I'm guessing is a reproduction, pretty cheap and looks good... not as "bulky" as the V2 SE and a little smoother. The V2 SE body.. while I don't have it in hand.. the biceps look a little "over-detailed" for the line. Looks like to have an odd texturing that doesn't make sense considering it's supposed to be covered by his suit.

Wonder what bod the new Stormy will have...

Anyways, price is right and quality looks pretty good:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-6-SIXTH-...9017?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item232f352b59

$(KGrHqRHJEMFGTSHZ!HcBRmB8Ob+Pg~~60_3.JPG

this body is better or try the hot toys ttm 21

Sorry a little confused, by "this" you mean which? the last one I posted is better than V2 snake eyes?

I guess the only thing I'm worried about is incompatibility between the hot toys True type bodies and also skin tone. Any advice is appreciated! I do think the true type bodies look nice!

Back