Using fish tank to display your collectibles!?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

501stcanada

Freakzoid
Reaction score
What a weird idea that I have lol. I think I will be having about more or less than 10 collectibles. I want to make a battle scene and display them together in a medium/large size of fish tank. I could not find any display case that is big enough to carry that many 12' collectibles. Have any of you done this? I hope I will be the first to try it :D

:cuckoo:errrrr

Just kidding. I guess if you able to add in some nice props around the figures then it would look good.

haha! I had a terrarium with rocks and sand and jungle plants that I used for my Predators...... but they had to be boxed back up and stored to make that space available for my pet Chameleon Arthur. How I miss him :crying

It's been done a few times. A couple of guys in the Kaneda's Bike thread did it, and I think I saw at least one Tumbler in a tank as well.

:)

It's an Actionarium!!!

Batman-Aquarium-1024x577.jpg

I wouldn't use one, personally. Won't look quite right and fish tanks are extremely heavy. I think you'd be better off getting something custom built out of Perspex/Plexiglas.

Use what ya got. If I saw a clean one at a thrift store that'd fit my toy needs, YES. Why? Because that means more money for toys. Go crazy, let's see pics, rock on.

A better option than an a aquarium is a terrarium or anything designed for reptiles. Aquarium glass scales dependent on the depth of the tank to deal with the force of the water pressure, which means a big tank has very thick glass. For example, my 4x2x2' tank has 1/2" thick glass all around. For display purposes you wouldn't want to go thicker than 1/4" glass. A glass tank shouldn't have corners edges any more obstructed than a cabinet - only the silicone holds the glass - any plastic trim is merely decorative.

The other factor is cost. All but the most common high-volume-sales sizes are going to cost you much more than a similar sized custom made cabinet. With a cabinet you don't need glass bottom, back or top - maybe not even the sides. That's much less glass and much less cost.

A Detolf on its side works and will fit a lot of 12" figures, albeit with only 15" of display height.

Incidentally, there's an entire forum dedicated to the topic of displays: https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?55-How-to-display-your-collectibles

Back