Upgrading Hasbro Han Hoth with Sideshow accessories

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimCem99

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Have the Hasbro Hoth Han, and would like to get some Sideshow Hoth accessories to upgrade. Just wondering if its worth it. Was thinking of getting boots, binoculars, maybe the head and pants, and holster if I can find with blaster. Has anyone done this?

Doesn't seem worth it to me. If you're cool with the Hasbro one, great. If you want an upgrade though, just buy the SS one. You can almost always get $20 off with a coupon. You could sell the Hasbro for $10-$15 and part out the SS stuff you may not want to recoup some funds and end up paying close to nothing. The Exclusive unhatted head, bespin coat, shirt, and stand could go and not impact the display as you currently have your Hasbro. With what you are looking at to upgrade, those things will be darn near $100 anyway. Not as much if you don't do the head, but if you do, you'll need to mod the heck out of a crappy Hasbro body or get that new too.

It's more work this way, but spending $90-$100 to upgrade a $15 fig doesn't really make sense.

I'm doing this. He's about 90% there. I'm using a TT knonkoff body, shrunk Hasbro boots, Hasbro pants, SSC coat, SSC Head with hat, SSC scanner, SSC scarves, SSC Bespin Belt. The belt is too short and needs to be either lengthened or try to find a SSC Hoth belt.

Hey Natedog. Do you think my figures are close? Just curious, because as I said, it seems like a lot to spend to upgrade an older figure. And if one wants to build one from scratch, using some Hasbro parts, searching out and buying pieces at a time seems unnecessarily expensive too. You might get something pretty close for $50 or so less? As I said, just wondering...hopefully not coming off as telling one how to spend their money. I'm cheap on a lot of crap too.

Doesn't seem worth it to me. If you're cool with the Hasbro one, great. If you want an upgrade though, just buy the SS one. You can almost always get $20 off with a coupon. You could sell the Hasbro for $10-$15 and part out the SS stuff you may not want to recoup some funds and end up paying close to nothing. The Exclusive unhatted head, bespin coat, shirt, and stand could go and not impact the display as you currently have your Hasbro. With what you are looking at to upgrade, those things will be darn near $100 anyway. Not as much if you don't do the head, but if you do, you'll need to mod the heck out of a crappy Hasbro body or get that new too.

It's more work this way, but spending $90-$100 to upgrade a $15 fig doesn't really make sense.

:exactly::goodpost::lecture Those Hasbro 12" figures are pretty much junk. Some of the accessories and outfits are useful only for customizing but that's it. It's like trying to put expensive designer clothes on a Barbie doll. You're better off getting the SS one.

Yeah, I know it may not make sense to some. But to spend $185+ for a new figure when I'm just going to take it out of the package. Also thought it would be fun to customize and experiment. But yeah, after just buying boots, pants and holster with blaster I'm at $75. If I go with head and goggles, that's $35. And binoculars, figure another $20+.

Don't worry. Spending $185 on a doll doesn't make sense either. Not gonna lie, customizing is fun and rewarding...but it ain't cheap! Post pics when you're done (it's kind of a requirement 'round here)

Well if you were able to get the exclusive SSC Hoth Han then that would have been the better deal since you can take the jacket shirt and 2nd head sculpt to upgrade the Bespin Han.

I don't remember what I paid for some of the stuff as it was a long time ago. I customized a Hasbro Hoth Han a long time ago before SSC announced theirs.

I sunk a lot of time and a few bucks to do it. After SSC came out I bought more stuff and upgraded it even further. I don't remember exactly what I paid in total, but it was less than $200. I just don't have everything (i.e. stand, binocs) The only remaining Hasbro parts are the pants and boots which I find perfectly acceptable.

Just don't buy that coat on ebay where the idiot is asking $200 and you'll do OK.

Just don't buy that coat on ebay where the idiot is asking $200 and you'll do OK.

Sound advise!

I'd spend my money on the SS one, but that's just because I'm hugely talent deficient in customising figures... Otherwise, go for it! You can't put a price on the fun and satisfaction of customising a figure. I've seen some AMAZING custom work here... And yes, a picture is pretty much mandatory!

Honestly the way to go is spend the money on the exclusive with the jacket color of your choice (about $190 after coupon). You can sell off the exclusive head for $40 or $50, the stand, the Bespin jacket and shirt, and then any other parts you don't want. But working the other way you're bound to overspend and make it not worth it.
If you do all that you can get the full figure for $80 to $100.

I'm all for customizing/upgrading!
Figures are pretty pricey for us north of the border. We have to pay an extra $40-60 in duty/brokerage fees for each figure shipped. A $200 figure with a $25 off coupon code still costs Canadians $250. Then there's the exchange rates to factor into the final total. For me sometimes it's just cheaper to upgrade a figure.

Back