Update and Master List for custom work from DarkArtist

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
debbie_downer.jpg

...tffp?

:lecture

And thanks for the update on my site, I haven't edited it for years... so I removed those active Paypal links. I definitely DON'T need any more orders to come along and muck up an already mucky situation.

I know a lot of you guys are still pissed at me, and I understand why you would be. But I am trying to make sure that things are set right, as best as I can. With a baby on the way, it's not very feasible for me to try and paint often or even in the future. I also work full time and go to school full time, so my time is very tight.

Refunds are a long way off as well, and will no doubt have to wait until I graduate and start working in my field. And even then, they will come slowly. But for now, as least people will have their stuff back... I only hope that will give you all, and me as well, a measure of peace.

Awesome news there indeed!! Thanks for the update Josh. May have a Jason by Halloween just yet.

Good news indeed. I look forward to hearing about stuff making its way back to us as Carl works on that part of this. Thanks for confirming this process is actually happening, Josh. :clap

meh. it's still not in my hands though. we'll see how long it takes this Carl guy to ship me my stuff before i start celebrating. could be another 3 years. we'll see.

Believe it. :wave

Carl just left with a car full of stuff. And more will go out to him in the coming months, as I get it all together. Yeah, it actually happened.:nana:

I hope my stuff was in the first trip :pray: because sounds like some of us might have to wait a few months for their stuff. Thanks for updating us :clap

meh. it's still not in my hands though. we'll see how long it takes this Carl guy to ship me my stuff before i start celebrating. could be another 3 years. we'll see.

don't worry.. Carl is a great guy and on top of this, it won't be long. And do please remember that he is doing this out of the kindness of his heart. So don't pass any of the blame his way for anything. He lives a good distance away so it's not exactly easy to stop over here and pick up stuff.

Carl has all of my gratitude and my respect for doing what he did, so please don't attack him or give him Hell for anything. The long wait is MY fault, the situation we are all in is MY fault as well. Blast me all you want, I understand and take it gladly. But just be kind to Carl, he's just doing an amazing thing for ALL of us.

:yess: Josh just want to ask if my repaint Stealth Iron man make it on the first trip?

Thanks,
Richard

Believe it. :wave

Carl just left with a car full of stuff. And more will go out to him in the coming months, as I get it all together. Yeah, it actually happened.:nana:

Defintely good news! Thanks for the updates. Maybe soon I will have that part 8 Jason; what a glorius day that will be; it's close, I can feel it! :rock

my guess: somebody had something come up at the last minute, so they had to reschedule in a few weeks.

Seriously, that kind of tact is not the way to motivate me to bust my ass for you guys. Remember, Jen and I are not getting ANYTHING out of this at all... we're just trying to help out Josh and our fellow Freaks. I drove nearly 1,000 miles to make this happen (yes, after a few delays... but it was either that or nothing at all, so deal). I'm not seeking gratitude or praise, either... but I can most certainly say that more grief is not appreciated. And if I'm not mistaken you're also the 1 guy who has refused to reimburse me for any shipping costs. Not a great way to make friends and contacts, sir. Just sayin'.

As for what was done...

We spent over 3 hours at Josh's place yesterday sorting through stuff and using the spreadsheet that Jen filled out to identify what was there that could be shipped (this includes things in all various stages of completion... much will just be "kits" with individual parts, etc). I got home around 11PM last night, but I brought everything into my house. It's all boxed up together right now and secured.

It's going to take me at least a week or so to sort through all of this stuff and get back to folks individually on what's there, what isn't, what shipping will be, etc, etc. We did try and bag things together with some organization while we were down there, so it won't be complete chaos when I go through it all. There's just a lot of stuff, of course. Tons of 1/6 heads, figure kits, clothes, a statue or 3, etc. And if there are fewer of certain characters than we have, we'll sort by order of when the orders were placed since that is really the only reasonable and fair way.

A couple of notable items re: Jason and Michael Myers figs...

For the Myers figures, I have a lot of the heads (and the hair) and one of the knives. But Josh still needs to send me the jumpsuits and the rest of the knives (that latter of which he can cast pretty easily now).

For Jason figures... the heads are here (well, I don't know if it's all of them... but there were a lot) as are some axes, machetes, clothes, etc... and a body or two, if I'm not mistaken. But there's a problem with the hockey mask mold, so those will have to come later from Josh as well. I can 100% verify what a pain in the ass it is for him to make one of those hockey masks. In the time we were there, he attempted to make 4 of the masks... only 1 came out decent. I believe he's making a new mold and well send the missing masks later. For those who would need one, I will get with you individually and you can decide how to proceed (if you want me to just get all of them from Josh or if you want to wait for it individually from him).

That's pretty much all I can think of off the top of my head. I'll post a list of what I have within the next week or so and, again, will also update the master spreadsheet from Jen and start contacting you guys for shipping info, etc.

I'd also like to end by noting that Josh is still a good friend and a very cool guy. He's just one of many who got a bit too excited about something and bit off a lot more than he could chew, got burned out and then found himself stuck in a quagmire. Sure, it was of his own doing... but we've all made similar mistakes. And to his credit he's been nothing but supportive of me trying to help out. He's good people. And I thank him and his wife Teresa (who is a sweetheart) for welcoming me into their home to try and put a huge dent in all of this stuff.

Oh, and before I forget... yes, Dront, your Terminator 1 Reese figure stuff is in there. Please call off any pending assassination attempts. :p

Hi Carl, just want to say thanks for all the effort. Really appreciate it.:duff

Seriously, that kind of tact is not the way to motivate me to bust my ass for you guys. Remember, Jen and I are not getting ANYTHING out of this at all... we're just trying to help out Josh and our fellow Freaks. I drove nearly 1,000 miles to make this happen (yes, after a few delays... but it was either that or nothing at all, so deal). I'm not seeking gratitude or praise, either... but I can most certainly say that more grief is not appreciated. And if I'm not mistaken you're also the 1 guy who has refused to reimburse me for any shipping costs. Not a great way to make friends and contacts, sir. Just sayin'.

As for what was done...

We spent over 3 hours at Josh's place yesterday sorting through stuff and using the spreadsheet that Jen filled out to identify what was there that could be shipped (this includes things in all various stages of completion... much will just be "kits" with individual parts, etc). I got home around 11PM last night, but I brought everything into my house. It's all boxed up together right now and secured.

It's going to take me at least a week or so to sort through all of this stuff and get back to folks individually on what's there, what isn't, what shipping will be, etc, etc. We did try and bag things together with some organization while we were down there, so it won't be complete chaos when I go through it all. There's just a lot of stuff, of course. Tons of 1/6 heads, figure kits, clothes, a statue or 3, etc. And if there are fewer of certain characters than we have, we'll sort by order of when the orders were placed since that is really the only reasonable and fair way.

A couple of notable items re: Jason and Michael Myers figs...

For the Myers figures, I have a lot of the heads (and the hair) and one of the knives. But Josh still needs to send me the jumpsuits and the rest of the knives (that latter of which he can cast pretty easily now).

For Jason figures... the heads are here (well, I don't know if it's all of them... but there were a lot) as are some axes, machetes, clothes, etc... and a body or two, if I'm not mistaken. But there's a problem with the hockey mask mold, so those will have to come later from Josh as well. I can 100% verify what a pain in the ass it is for him to make one of those hockey masks. In the time we were there, he attempted to make 4 of the masks... only 1 came out decent. I believe he's making a new mold and well send the missing masks later. For those who would need one, I will get with you individually and you can decide how to proceed (if you want me to just get all of them from Josh or if you want to wait for it individually from him).

That's pretty much all I can think of off the top of my head. I'll post a list of what I have within the next week or so and, again, will also update the master spreadsheet from Jen and start contacting you guys for shipping info, etc.

I'd also like to end by noting that Josh is still a good friend and a very cool guy. He's just one of many who got a bit too excited about something and bit off a lot more than he could chew, got burned out and then found himself stuck in a quagmire. Sure, it was of his own doing... but we've all made similar mistakes. And to his credit he's been nothing but supportive of me trying to help out. He's good people. And I thank him and his wife Teresa (who is a sweetheart) for welcoming me into their home to try and put a huge dent in all of this stuff.

Oh, and before I forget... yes, Dront, your Terminator 1 Reese figure stuff is in there. Please call off any pending assassination attempts. :p

Back