Update and Master List for custom work from DarkArtist

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks everyone! Neehar... I would snap pics but Conan is already boxed up and ready to go. But I hope to get that and everything else mailed out to you soon. Just incredibly tight budgeted these days, I am down to my last $25... no joke. :lol

Micro, good to see you man. I am available anytime you would like to get that finished for you. I hate that so many got bags of parts, so I would gladly fix that for you. Just PM or email me and we can work out all of the details.

Hey guys... sorry for not giving updates last night. I only did a little bit of work on Myers and Gladiator heads. My Wife and I had a bit of an argument about my job hunt and how stressed I have been.

So I spent the rest of the night applying for jobs. I have given up on teaching positions, as there are none.. so I applied for several other jobs in different fields and called it a night at 5:30 am. :lol

Tonight I will try to get a bit more done and get some pics up for you all Saturday night.

Last night I completed paint work on the Myers heads, just need to put hair on them. I will snap some pics tonight when I finish the hair work. I also hope to have some pics of the Jason Remake with clothes. I'm working on the shirt and Jacket now.

Thanks everyone! Neehar... I would snap pics but Conan is already boxed up and ready to go. But I hope to get that and everything else mailed out to you soon. Just incredibly tight budgeted these days, I am down to my last $25... no joke. :lol

No problem bro. Take all the time you need,

Thanks guys! And Neehar... I am trying to get some money together to get it out to you. It's ready to go and I am itching to mail that sucker off.

Tonight was all about glue!! Hairy fingers, hair in my mouth, and lots of small finger burns. :lol

Here are some pics of the almost finished H1 and H2 heads.

July25Update004.jpg

July25Update005.jpg

And the unweathered Jason Remake Jacket...

July25Update006.jpg

And tonight I realized what I freakin idiot I have been all of these years, using super glue to do the Myers heads and the Jason jackets.. and more. I have had a glue gun and never thought to use it for this purpose. But I put together a few latex masks this past Halloween with a friend, and hairing the masks is done with a glue gun...

So tonight it just clicked... and I thought, "Why the HELL have I NOT been using this for years?!!!??" Definitely felt like an idiot.. especially because it works so well. :lol

I used to use super glue as well. I recently started using fabric glue :)duh) and it dries nearly as fast but doesn't cause the white discoloration or make your finger tips a mess :lol

Thanks Tay. I figured if I am home and jobless at the moment, the least I can do is put my renewed creativity to good use and come through on long held commissions. And I want to keep things constant until I finish up.

And Joe... I agree man, I haven't found a fabric glue that I like yet... but not using super glue is soooo much better. I only need to use it for attaching necks, fixing broken stuff, and Jason masks now. I can't believe I wasted so much time and money on the super glue... and it didn't make the figures look any better, in fact I think they looked worse. :lol

I asked the lady in the craft secton at Wal mart and she recommended the cheapest stuff the had: Aleene's Original Tacky Glue. It's an all purpose, but works great for fabric and hair.

Btw I sent the shipping money today, thanks again :duff

Thanks for the tip Joe! I will have to see about getting some of that one day.

And thanks for the shipping funds man.. I will be mailing stuff out Friday so it will head out then. I didn't see a shipping address attached to the payment though... PM me with the details so I can get that stuff out. :D

Tonight was eventful... I weathered up the Remake Jason pants and jacket... those are done. I weathered the hair on the Myers heads... added beards and skin detail to the last remaining Gladiator heads also.

I realized that I am fresh out of bodies and needed a shirt for the Remake Jason, so my Wife graciously allowed me to buy the parts I need to finish the Myers and Jason figures for people.... which was very very cool of her to do for me.

Pics coming soon!

Last night I worked primarily on the Maximus heads. I finished the beard details and started on eyes.

On a side note... I was wondering why I loved the new Batman movie so much when I realized a lot of funny parallels.

Both Batman and I were defeated (in a way) by the Joker...

We ended up broken and wallowing in our depression for years... for different reasons.

Our reputations had been crushed by the Joker, so we shunned personal contact and became shut away from society.

Our friends network was significantly cut down, his by losing Rachel, mine by losing contact with friends like Les and others.

Batman's climb out of the pit that many others had never escaped mirrored in a way my own climb out of the financial pit I've fallen into. Like him, I had help... Carl, Jen, and many others.

And like Batman I am returning now to finish what I started, and after this is all over I will be leaving the board for the hungrier artists who are already doing great things custom figure wise.

So the movie really renewed my inspiration to get this done and gracefully bow out. My time is definitely done, I will never be what I was again. But I can still do what I can in a different way. And I absolutely can finish this work and do what I said I was going to do. I can deliver, even if it was years late.

I just wanted to share that. It was just a strange thing that hit me while I was watching it... :lol

It's great to be able to relate to a movie so much for inspiration, you need to change you're avatar to batman though.
Unless your plan is to blow up all the figures with a nuclear bomb !. :horror:rotfl

lol... That's pretty funny...

I'm really looking forward to completing this task, so Darkartist can die with a little dignity. Maybe when I am finished I will rename myself and start fresh. New way of thinking, new business model, and most importantly a new chapter in my creative life. A rebirth. :bat

lol... That's pretty funny...

I'm really looking forward to completing this task, so Darkartist can die with a little dignity. Maybe when I am finished I will rename myself and start fresh. New way of thinking, new business model, and most importantly a new chapter in my creative life. A rebirth. :bat

sounds good you can re-spawn and come back bigger and stronger.

Back