UPDATE 2 yoda broken See page 5 .rots yoda life size off ebay and it came destroyed.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Bought pepsi rots yoda life size off ebay and it came destroyed.

You buy something called "rots yoda" and are surprised when it arrives destroyed? :confused:

This seller has a feedback score of 8? His Paypal account is definitely on hold until Mas5acre makes the next move.

File a claim and get your money back. eBay's Buyer Protection will cover you.

Good point, I think they are on hold until they recieve feedback or like 30 days until they have a higher feedback score. So luckily you should be well protected.

I don't think I would have sent a grand to someone with a feedback of 8.

I don't think I would have sent a grand to someone with a feedback of 8.

It's not like these things are easy to come by. I lost a bid on one by 30 bucks so I went and bought this one for 30 bucks more.

You buy something called "rots yoda" and are surprised when it arrives destroyed? :confused:

Pretty sure ''rots'' stands for Revenge of the sith.

OT

This is one of the mains reasons i try my best to stay away from Ebay, as popular as it is there are some dodgy sellers, and risks of in this case pa____ging issues.

As stated by many you should be covered and able to get your money back, shame it was damaged i've looked it up and it looks an awesome piece to own.

Even though the seller was a dingbat, I would still personally contact him... and let him know what you're going to do... I just think it's the right thing to do so he doesn't end up spending money won't be able to have.

M.

Last edited:

is it beyond repair? perhaps you could get a quote to have it fixed & try to work with the guy that sold it to you to refund that difference plus a bit more for your aggrevation. just a thought........:)

Even though the seller was a dingbat, I would still personally contact him... and let him know what you're going to do... I just think it's the right thing to do so he doesn't end up spending money won't be able to have.

M.

No kidding.

It didn't even occur to me that he might not have a clue how badly he screwed up. That makes more sense than someone sending it like that out of pure apathy and/or malice.

Well if it wasn't for this new nerdy hottie I've been talking to I'd be completely bummed. I bought a life size pepsi rots yoda off of ebay and it came with no box and in heavy bubble wrap. Needless to say as heavy as it was, it's pretty much ga:gah:rbage. The arm is screwed up and shattered. I didn't even want to finish opening it up cause I could tell something was broken in the back as well. What are your guys experiences with ebay buyer protection? 1000 bucks of garbage....

No matter how stupid the seller is, your first step should always contact the seller with a photo of the broken item and ask for a voluntary full refund including return shipping. If that doesnt work or he doesnt comprehend, then file a claim.

Never file a claim with ebay especially for anything $300+, because it goes to the high value claim dept, those **** are all a bunch of ****. They will lie and do everything possible to get out of paying, and there is no way to reach them by phone. I had to take 1 of them to court/BBB before someone from the ebay president office whatever called me to issue a refund.

Go with paypal claim, they are much better, especially if you are their vip member (paypal advantage), you will always get the claim.

Of course you should have paid with a credit card to begin with, then you can do it directly with your cc company.

A lot of sellers do not realize just wrapping a heavy statue in tons of bubble wrap or padding doesnt do anything, the KEY is to secure the statue so it does NOT move at all, note how all sideshow's styrofoam always lock the statue in place. If you cant do that, should secured it to a cardboard with wires first so it doesnt move, THEN apply bubble wrap/paddings.

This is a great statue, sorry it got destroyed.

Updated with pictures. I filed a claim with ebay. I also have a ups claim adjuster coming out Monday.

Re: Updated w/ pics Bought pepsi rots yoda life size off ebay and it came destroyed.

Damn that Yoda is smashed.

No matter how stupid the seller is, your first step should always contact the seller with a photo of the broken item and ask for a voluntary full refund including return shipping. If that doesnt work or he doesnt comprehend, then file a claim.

Never file a claim with ebay especially for anything $300+, because it goes to the high value claim dept, those **** are all a bunch of ****. They will lie and do everything possible to get out of paying, and there is no way to reach them by phone. I had to take 1 of them to court/BBB before someone from the ebay president office whatever called me to issue a refund.

Go with paypal claim, they are much better, especially if you are their vip member (paypal advantage), you will always get the claim.

Of course you should have paid with a credit card to begin with, then you can do it directly with your cc company.

A lot of sellers do not realize just wrapping a heavy statue in tons of bubble wrap or padding doesnt do anything, the KEY is to secure the statue so it does NOT move at all, note how all sideshow's styrofoam always lock the statue in place. If you cant do that, should secured it to a cardboard with wires first so it doesnt move, THEN apply bubble wrap/paddings.

This is a great statue, sorry it got destroyed.

:lecture:lecture:lecture :exactly:

You'll likely get frustrated over the language barrier dealing with EbaY by phone (which isn't impossible if you know how to do an internet search). Unfortunately, you wind up with someone who barely speaks English asking you the same questions over and over as they go through their little book trying to figure out how to address your issue.

Jumping straight to Paypal (though owned by the same parent company, PayPal is run as a separate entity), is going straight to the source. They'll freeze the funds in the other dude's account until the investigation is over and based on the pics you've shown, you're a shoe-in to win.

Re: Updated w/ pics Bought pepsi rots yoda life size off ebay and it came destroyed.

I was using the resolution center on ebay. Is that the same thing as filing a claim? I been talking to the seller where it says try to work it out. Is it too late to file a claim with PayPal? I paid with Bill Me Later.

I was using the resolution center on ebay. Is that the same thing as filing a claim? I been talking to the seller where it says try to work it out. Is it too late to file a claim with PayPal? I paid with Bill Me Later.

Nope, it's not too late.

Got my refund. I really think ebay forced his hand. I actually kinda feel sorry for the seller. I am still trying to get ups to do their inspection so it will help the seller even though I don't have to . I still have the busted one. Never was told to send it back. Thought it was useless anyway. So destroyed, what good is it? Already bought his replacement for 50 bucks cheaper.

Got my refund. I really think ebay forced his hand. I actually kinda feel sorry for the seller. I am still trying to get ups to do their inspection so it will help the seller even though I don't have to . I still have the busted one. Never was told to send it back. Thought it was useless anyway. So destroyed, what good is it? Already bought his replacement for 50 bucks cheaper.

You can save the broken yoda head and sculpt & make a bust out of it

Back