Untitled James Mangold Star Wars Movie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A movie about the first Jedi? I'd rather than remain a mystery. Besides, this will probably never see the light of day. It'll probably be KK'd like all those other movies announced over the years.

Last edited:
I just wish Disney would understand that the entirety of SW does not need to be explained.

A subtle nod to TCW in ANH left us wondering how that went.

A couple of hints about how Vader came to be after losing to Obi-wan kept us hooked.

We don’t need a constant thread connecting every event to every character through every planet in a singular timeline.

If this movie happens, his social media interactions with SW fans are going to be the stuff of legends. :lol

Could be interesting.

IMHO, Star Wars stories might work best now as a type of "blank slate"

No ties to anything else really. You can have small bits of the world building involved, but not any specific character. I.E. if you had a squad of B Wing pilots get lost on a bad hyper drive jump and end up having to survive in an abandoned Imperial base but don't know the main war is over.

Maybe the best films within this IP now are films that would still be good even if you took most of the Star Wars world building out of it.

Could be interesting.

IMHO, Star Wars stories might work best now as a type of "blank slate"

No ties to anything else really. You can have small bits of the world building involved, but not any specific character. I.E. if you had a squad of B Wing pilots get lost on a bad hyper drive jump and end up having to survive in an abandoned Imperial base but don't know the main war is over.

Maybe the best films within this IP now are films that would still be good even if you took most of the Star Wars world building out of it.
I couldn't agree more about the benefits of blank-slate stories at this point. Not only because they wouldn't conflict with any existing continuity, but because there'd be no temptation to depend on cheap nostalgia by way of callbacks and cameos. Mangold's idea here would be a totally open book set tens of thousands of years prior to the Skywalker Saga. Any character here could die in any given conflict. Any of them could switch sides at any time. Entirely new ship designs (pretty much by necessity). Entirely new aesthetic across the board.

No other announced SW project in the Disney era has had as much potential to capture the imagination by way of being so untethered to the familiar.

Rogue One had to end with the Death Star plans being taken. Solo had to end with Han, Chewie, and Lando surviving. Andor has to end with him joining the Rebellion and dying. The Mandalorian/Ahsoka/Skeleton Crew are involved in a conflict that has to end with an eventual rise of the First Order and return of Palpatine. And all of them have to fit within certain aesthetic confines.

This one would be free of any similar limitations. With all that said, there'd inevitably be "fans" who would find ways to try to grift with "ruining Star Wars" fake takes, so Mangold would still have plenty of potentially hilarious interactions with them. :lol But this movie will never see the light of day, so it's all a moot point. There hasn't been an announced SW project in the last 20 years I'd want to see more than this one, but it's not happening.

Opening night
1684725726219.png

"...the project that will trace the origins of the Force and be set 25,000 years before any of the timelines and stories told by the movies and shows so far"

Maybe the fact that it is so removed from all of Star Wars, it has a chance to be something interesting and different.

Wait -- this is Disney. Nevermind.

Ok, this might be happening 🤣🤣🤣

I would love to see an ancient movie filled with landscapes and lore, ruined temples, like a mix of the caves and temples from the Uncharted games and the feeling of history you get from the KOTOR games.

Back