UNIVERSAL MONSTERS...WHO COLLECTS THEM ON THIS BOARD?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anton Phibes

Super Freak
Reaction score
ALL RIGHT, OFFICIAL SOUNDOUT HERE. Who collects Universal Monsters on this site and what do you have? I officially collect everything Sideshow has unleashed. I have all of the 8" figures still carded, all of the 12" figures in the boxes, and all the 1/4 scale PFs (displayed) and the Ardeth Bust. The only items I don't buy are the Silver Screen variants. I like the color versions. But I am beginning to feel that there are not that many Uni-Mons out there. Perhaps we could make our own "Save the planet of the apes" type thread out of this? Also, does anyone have any information on any Universal announcements? Ardeth was announced quite a while back and since then, there has been nothing.:confused:

I am! I'm young, so I can't afford the PF or the busts, but I have collected most of the 8" figures (either as color or as SS), and I have a few of the 12" figures. I only get the 12" figures I want, and as of now, the only 1/6th scale characters Sideshow hasn't made yet that I would kill for, are a Claude Rains Phantom, and Colin Clive as Baron Henry Frankenstein.
Plus any true Universal fan can see that I'm a nut by looking at my Screenname!

Yes the Universal Monster fans are here! I've been collecting most all of it since the very first 8" figures, which I would liked to have seen a few more of. Let's hope there are more 12" figures on the way, but I will be happy to see any UM releases. I still have a lengthy want list, much similar to what has been posted by others. Keep going SS!

At one time I had all the regular 8" figures including the translucent Creature and Mutant. I also had an entire set of Little Big Heads. I ended up selling them all for space reasons. Space is also why I don't collect the PFs. I do have most of the 12" figures including the SSEs. I love the packaging for the SSEs with no plans on selling my 12" collection. I also have the Monster Legacy DVD gift set with the mini-busts. Anyone who doesn't have that should pick it up.

I do!!!

I have the 12" Drac, Red Death, Renfield, Phantom, Bela the Gypsy, Fritz, Talbot, and I just put in a bid for Creature.....

Of course I collect the Universal Monsters! I have been a huge monster fan since the age of about 7 or 8, which is about 39 years ago! I have most all of the Sideshow Universal and Classic monster items, including the LBH's, 8" figures, 12" figures and of course, the Premium Format figures and the Ardeth Bey is on the way. I have most of my original Aurora monster models from the late 60's and early 70's, and the Polar Lights reissues from a few years ago. I have many books on the Universal monsters and the actors in my library. At one time I had a near complete collection of Famous Monsters of Filmland, but sold them in the early 90's; I hope to recollect them one day. I have a bunch of other stuff, but not a huge collection. :frank :mummy :blackbat :rip

I have the 1/6th Scale Silver Screen Creature & Frankenstein Monster. I want all the others though. I started collecting these late. I also have the Legacy set with the bust.

I have all the 1/9th scale carded color figures, and all the 1/6th scale color versions MOC or NRFB. I also have duplicates of most of the figures that I really have strong feelings for like Dracula, original Frankenstein's Monster and the Wolfman. I've done some kitbashes with these figures as well with a Nazi Frankenstein and Cossack Dracula among others. I love the Universal action figure lines. Haven't gotten any statues or busts yet, but maybe one day.

I have every 1/6 Uni Monster, including SSEs, MIB, but if I ever get my act together in regards to display cases, I'll open them all! I even have the Christmas Frankie and Drac; the only piece I don't have is the SSE Son of Frankenstein, that was limited to only 10 pieces. If the chance to get one at a decent price ever arises (yeah, right!), I'd like to get that one as well. I have Frankenstein's Monster, Dracula, and Wolf Man 1/4 PFs as well, the color versions. I had all the 8" carded UNIs as well, but sold them to concentrate on the 1/6 figures.

I also am a Uni Monster collector. :mummy

I started collecting Uni Monster stuff back in the 70's with the Remco 3 3/4 figures and the Mego figures. For some reason I just fell in love with the movies. Ever since then I've been adding to my collection.

Lucky for me I was a 1/6 figure collector also so when SS started doing 1/6 Monsters I of course started buying them and eventually the 1/4 figures as well. Now my collection spans from figures, masks, bed sheets:monkey4 , glasses, models, checks, posters, clothing...the list goes on.

I collect tons of other stuff but the Universal Monsters are always #1. :D

Last edited:
warlock664 said:
I have every 1/6 Uni Monster, including SSEs, MIB, but if I ever get my act together in regards to display cases, I'll open them all! I even have the Christmas Frankie and Drac; the only piece I don't have is the SSE Son of Frankenstein, that was limited to only 10 pieces. If the chance to get one at a decent price ever arises (yeah, right!), I'd like to get that one as well. I have Frankenstein's Monster, Dracula, and Wolf Man 1/4 PFs as well, the color versions. I had all the 8" carded UNIs as well, but sold them to concentrate on the 1/6 figures.

I forgot to mention I have the Christmas Frank and Drac and the LBH's also. And I do have one of the SSE Son of Frankenstein figures! I actually got him last year at a very good price (less than what figures like Human Spike and Patient Zero have gone for) from one of the original winners, who is a board member but doesn't post very often. Keep looking for him, you never know when you just might get lucky like I did! And Thanks again to that board member for the great deal! :chew :chew :chew

Monster fan from way back(like, before a lot of you guys were born). Don't have every one, but I have made an effort to get at least 1 version of every character, and I have all the color 8"figures( the ones that started this madness). As time passes and opportunity arises, I acquire more...PS

I'm the kind of collector that gets bored of something and I move on to something else. For instance, I originally started collecting older monster figures from the 70's (Remco and Mego primarily). After aquiring what I could afford of these, I moved on to model kits. I have all of Horizon Uni monsters, some Screamin' and many others from different companies. I also collected VHS first then DVD horror movies. I usually went after the more obscure titles, preferably B&W. I also collected posters, lobby cards and many books of old horror movies and their stars. As far as SS goes, I have all 1/9 figs, most LBHs, all 12" figures (except that damn SSE Son Of Frankie) & most PFs. As of this very moment I'm collecting DVDs again & PFs.

I don't collect them right now - though I do have the 12 inch Dracula figure - but this is a line I want to delve into in the future. Maybe I'll have an opportunity to do that over the summer since I doubt I'll have many Buffy figures to get (if any), and there really aren't a lot of 12 inch figures coming out this year.

I really liked the 1:6 line.Have Larry, all the Frankies, Drac, Nosferatu, Vamp after 12:00, .... I missed out on the Bride and the Creature though :monkey2

glad to see that there are still a few of us out there!!1 MOOOHOOOHHAHAHAHAHA!!! Here are a few pics of my collection. "It's a modest enough collection but it has the benefit of authenticity" to quote George Zucco from Universal's "The Mad Ghoul". What do you fellow monster fans think?

Oh, and for the record, I am only 36 so I don't quite yet fit into the 40 year old part of the "40 year old virgin". :D Having been married for 13 years this July and 2 sons as a result...not to mention a really hot wife:monkey5 ...pretty much excludes me from the rest of that adjective as well. Although I will confess to being a major geek. The rest of my collection is up at eternal collector's website. If you have a cool collection, I suggest joining that group as well. Some of the collections are out of this world.:rotfl :rotfl :lol :lol :rotfl :rotfl

Back