Uncharted : Drakes Fortune customs??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, that looks ace, only thing that's letting it down is the headsculpt. Clothing and accessories are perfect - wow!

I wonder if you could track down a 1/6 leather-wrap watch, that would be a nice touch.

Excellent figure, McReady! I think the head works. I think a close approximation of Drake's the best we can hope for from a manufactured sculpt -- his face is pretty generic, so his distinguishing characteristics are very subtle. But if you're going for Uncharted 2 Drake, I guess you could add some stubble. Ground pastel chalk, maybe? I don't know if it'd be totally reversible, or if it'd stain the vinyl.

Here's my WIP Nathan Drake from the 1st
Uncharted game. When I started him, I just
used parts I had laying around, but I've since
ordered a few pieces for him and I'm currently
waiting for them to arrive. (shoes, belt, etc.)
The others are just temporary stand-ins.
Hopefully, I'll finish him soon... :eek:

I absolutely love your custom Drake, RJMacReady16! :banana

RJMac needs to pick up the wrist watch you have on your custom, Sweeny. Very cool!

THanks guys, and yes---excellent work on the custom Sweeny, and the watch.

Mine definitely could use some stubble and some dirtying up, but he's already on the auction block. I love tax season.....

Mine definitely could use some stubble and some dirtying up, but he's already on the auction block. I love tax season.....

I know, I saw it. It makes me sad that you're
selling it, but I'm going to try desperately to
win it! ;)

Thanks for the comments, guys, but mine is nowhere
near done or as cool as RJMacReady's. :clap

Here's a closer look at the watch. I made it
myself and I *think* I used a Sideshow watch
as a base, but I'm not sure. It was in my parts
bin.

Sorry I didn't have time to take another photo.
I just cropped the one from above.

RJ that's ____ing fantastic... please list out the parts.

I honestly wish I could help more, but most of those parts were lying around in bins. Like I said, the overshirt was a DID or DML WWII sweater that I paint washed several times.

Jeans are HT I believe, the belt-buckle was bought loose from one of those ZC girls, and the holsters are Triad.

The sculpt is from TTL.

I've been working with Steve at Stevo's Toys to come up with a 1:6 replica of Nathan Drake's shoulder holster and mag pouch. After a few months of waiting I got it today and he knocked it out of the park. Looks perfect. Should have some pics of a completed figure in the next two weeks or so, until then here's a little teaser.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Thinking about using the same sculpt. I'm still hoping Kuato will cast his. Nice work on the holster. Steve made mine for Rick O'connell.

AWESOME, Murderofcrows71!
I loved all three photos and wish I had
everything in them! :dance
What head is that you used? I love it!
I really want that shoulder holster,
too! :gun

CONGRATS, RJMacReady on your Drake
selling for $122.51! I wish I could've won
it, but I'm so glad you got a good price
for it! :clap

AWESOME, Murderofcrows71!
I loved all three photos and wish I had
everything in them! :dance
What head is that you used? I love it!
I really want that shoulder holster,
too! :clap

The head is a slightly tweaked and resculpted hot toys true type slim. Added to the jaw for a square look, sculpted the spiked hair and shaved the bulb off the nose. I actually took too much off the nose, hence the unpainted magic sculpt on it. As for the shoulder rig, if you get in contact with Steve at stevos toys tell him you want the Nathan Drake shoulder rig and Lin sent ya, I think he'll hook you up with a copy

Thanks man. Here's hoping we get a licensed version eventually!

Amen to that, brotha, (cough*hot toys*cough)
and congrats again! :duff

The head is a slightly tweaked and resculpted hot toys true type slim. Added to the jaw for a square look, sculpted the spiked hair and shaved the bulb off the nose. I actually took too much off the nose, hence the unpainted magic sculpt on it. As for the shoulder rig, if you get in contact with Steve at stevos toys tell him you want the Nathan Drake shoulder rig and Lin sent ya, I think he'll hook you up with a copy

AWESOME mod to the slim head! :bow
That was the first head that came to mind
when I looked at the photo, but I never would've
believed they were the same thing. Great job!!!

I contacted Steve and I really appreciate the info!
Hopefully, he can make another and I can actually
afford one. Keep those photos coming, man! :dance

I've had numerous PM's on what I've been using for my Drake figure, and I'm at work so I can't reply to each e-mailbso I'll post my "recipe" here.

The body is a hot toys true type narrow shoulder with a ht tt slim head slightly reworked with magic sculpt, to change the nose, jawline and hair. The jeans and undershirt are from a Saturday toys clothing set that came with a black leather jacket. The outer shirt was from unitoyzone or storerooms.com I can't remember which and then dyed dark brown/ black. The sport hiking boots were from storerooms. And the shoulder harness was from Stevos Toys. I'm still tweaking things here and there so I may not end up using some of the above. Still working on details like the pirate buckle on his belt.

Same pose, new shoes and belt! :chew
Neither are really perfect, but are close
enough to make me happy. :D

Back