Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got myself a TV (well, two) with 3D capabilities, I'm considering giving this another playthrough to see how it looks in 3D.

Among thieves still the best in my opinion.. But uc3 really more about the deepth of the relationship between sully and drake. In this series you can clearly see that how great their relationship is...

I agree with all the above posters. Uncharted 2 was a true blockbuster, and a "game-changer" in videogames. The action was so perfectly placed it was probably better than some of the most popular action films. With Uncharted 2 you had so many great scenes and motivations for the character - Flynn betraying Drake.....Drake conflicted between Chloe and Elaina, and one of the best villains ever too.

Uncharted 3 focused more on the character of Drake, a more intimate story. However, the action seemed to just be thrown in there for action's sake, resulting in a weird pacing. I enjoyed the locales very much - and the flashback sequences. High quality storytelling for sure. But when it came to the action, it just seemed more run 'n gun than I'm accustomed to with these games.

Don't get me wrong, Uncharted 3 is still some of the finest gaming I've experienced, but Uncharted 2 is a masterpiece.

Nah they're going to finish this gen with "The Last of Us". I'm sure we haven't seen the last of Nathan Drake, though.

Oh no doubt! I wouldn't be surprised if they already had a small team on the side working on U4. All this talk tho got me replaying U3 on a new game in crushing mode. Made it up to chapter 14 so far today, its all ive been doing :lol

I'm playing through UC3 on crushing atm too, what a pain in the ass :lol I platinumed the first two though, so I feel somewhat obligated to do it for 3 as well. :thud:

:lol nice! What chapter you on man!? And i still have yet to platinum the other 2 :( Actually the only game I have ever beat 100% is GOW3 and tht was the biggest pain in the ass! :lol

I'm only on chapter 8. :( Got interrupted by Max Payne 3 (which I beat tonight, actually). Gotta get back into the Uncharted groove and power through that mess!

Yea its a tough one to get back into the groove of things! Chapter 8 is in France in the castle right? Im on the big ship and just walked into the main ball room,. . .its gonna be some hell :slap :lol

This one was a much easier platinum than uncharted 2, and unfortunately the ending was less satisfying.

:yess: Just beat it on crushing! Damn the last 3 chapters was hard as hell to beat! Got that trophy tho!

EDIT: As of 2:39am, I have officially Platinum'd Uncharted 3!!! I feel so damn accomplished! :D

Last edited:
:lol nice! What chapter you on man!? And i still have yet to platinum the other 2 :( Actually the only game I have ever beat 100% is GOW3 and tht was the biggest pain in the ass! :lol

I had to beat the first two games on crushing twice! That was fun. I enjoy crushing mode. I just don't enjoy all of the swearing I do during it. It's a good thing I'm alone during the day.

I had to do it twice because I played on my old account and then made a new one...

2 was still the best.

I had to beat the first two games on crushing twice! That was fun. I enjoy crushing mode. I just don't enjoy all of the swearing I do during it. It's a good thing I'm alone during the day.

I had to do it twice because I played on my old account and then made a new one...

2 was still the best.

Damn!! So did you platinum both of them? You play the 3rd one on crushing too? Seems alot easier then the second one, esp the end!

Yea its a tough one to get back into the groove of things! Chapter 8 is in France in the castle right? Im on the big ship and just walked into the main ball room,. . .its gonna be some hell :slap :lol

Oh man that part is a pain in the ass! Is it when they don't notice you are there at first? Yet there is no way of taking them all out quietly? That part gets me on normal difficulty :lol

Oh man that part is a pain in the ass! Is it when they don't notice you are there at first? Yet there is no way of taking them all out quietly? That part gets me on normal difficulty :lol

ugh yeah with the room with the red carpeting and snipers. I had such a hard time getting through it.

ugh yeah with the room with the red carpeting and snipers. I had such a hard time getting through it.

Yea it was a big pain in the ass but not nearly as bad as the last 3 chapters! The difficultly jumps quite a bit and its very noticeable, esp when your fighting the fire demons. But I beat it all and platinum'd the game and it felt great! :D

Yea it was a big pain in the ass but not nearly as bad as the last 3 chapters! The difficultly jumps quite a bit and its very noticeable, esp when your fighting the fire demons. But I beat it all and platinum'd the game and it felt great! :D

you'd be surprised if you knew how to beat them the easy way.
to me, the chapters with the djinn are some of the easiest but that damned ballroom on the boat was tough.
(the djinn are suckers for revolvers. one or two shots and they're DONE.)

Back