UK Retailers...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uncanny Web-Slinger

Super Freak
Reaction score
I have used Play.com and forbidden Planet in the past yet it still worked out to be about the same as SSC or more (and SSC get the products sooner), however i want to look into some other options mainly for my Hot Toys Addiction.

I was comparing some prices based on some retailers over here compared to the Total cost of ordering through Sideshow (item + shipping + VAT + FedEx Charge) to see what is the best option.

I've found two retailers that look good, i've heard them mentioned a little bit here and there on the boards, but wanted some advice:

OneSixthBruce:

How good is customer service, returns, refunds ect.?
If one was to cancel a layaway order will you lose the deposit?
How are the shipping times compared to SSC?

KapowToys:

How good is customer service, returns, refunds ect.?
How are the shipping times compared to SSC?
Do you have to pay outright for the item?

Any info would be appreciated.

Doing some comparison calculations for best price..

For the Hot Toys Iron Man Mark V

Sideshow: £145 (figure + $25 shipping) + £36 customs/Fedex (20% VAT of "Item Value" & £10 fedex charge) = £181

OneSixthBruce: £155 + £10 delivery = £165

KapowToys: £180 + ? delivery = more than £180

Forbidden Planet: 203 + est-£5 delivery = £208

Last edited:
With the delay of the Jack Sparrow DX, i just checked the pages for the MK V (delayed to Oct) and the Tron Lightcycle (dleayed to 1st QTR) and they are still listed as the old dates.

Doesn't instill confidence in OneSixthBruce.

breakersrevenge owns that store - he's a member here. he gets his stuff quicker than forbidden planet (who are ____ing awful in my opinion) and his customer service is amazing. in fact, his reputation amongst his customers speaks for itself.

i wouldn't worry about the lack of change in those shipping dates. i wouldn't let that affect your opinion on how professional he actually is. it's not like he can make things come faster, and when he does get them he ships them straight out.

breakersrevenge owns that store - he's a member here. he gets his stuff quicker than forbidden planet (who are ____ing awful in my opinion) and his customer service is amazing. in fact, his reputation amongst his customers speaks for itself.

i wouldn't worry about the lack of change in those shipping dates. i wouldn't let that affect your opinion on how professional he actually is. it's not like he can make things come faster, and when he does get them he ships them straight out.

Thanks eighthhsamurai, that helps alot :hi5:

Btw, i love BTILC too, so much so, i even made a dock icon on my Mac of the Pork Chop Express logo.

Thanks eithsamurai, that helps alot :hi5:

Btw, i love BTILC too, so much s,i even made a dock icon on my Mac of the Pork Chop Express logo.

no worries... if you have any questions you can just pm breaker himself - i'm sure he'd be happy to answer them. as for the layaway option, i think you can lose your deposit if you cancel. the conditions are listed on the site:

https://www.onesixthbruce.co.uk/osb-layaway-2-w.asp

i might be biased as i design and build the website... but i'm sure anyone else who shops there will tell you OSB is the best option for 1/6.

and yeah.... big trouble rocks! :rock

Amazon sometimes have a few good peices for sale but I usually make my pre orders on forbidden planet.

Back