1/6 UJINDOU UD9018 British Commando Sniper (1944)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Asta

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
UJINDOU 1/6 WWII British Commando Sniper 1944
NO. UD9018

Commando Beret x1
40-pattern BD Uniform Jacket x1
40-pattern BD Trousers x1
Commando Sweater x1
Camouflage Windproof Smock x1
Camouflage Windproof Trousers x1
37-pattern Cloth Anklets
British Boots
Folding Tool Storage Bag x1
Collapsible E-Tool Carrier x1
Shovel Handle x1
Shovel head x1
British Water Bottle w/Strap x1
British Cloth Ammunition Bandolier x1
British Map Case x1
British Binoculars x1
British Binoculars Case x1
British camouflage net x2
British Filet individuel de Camouflage x1
37-Pattern Waistbelt x1
37-Pattern Braces x1

37-Pattern General Purpose Pouches
British Gas mask bag x1

Lee-Enfield No.4(T) Sniper Rifle x1
No. 32 Scope Case x1
Enfield Revolver No.2 Mk. I x1
British Pistol Holster x1
Commando Dagger x1

COMMANDO BADGE
RANK STRIPES

NEW BOND HEAD SCULPTURE
BODY W/ RELAXED HANDS
GUN HOLDING HANDS

Ujindou Commando Sniper 1.jpg
Ujindou Commando Sniper 2.jpg
Ujindou Commando Sniper 3.jpg
Ujindou Commando Sniper 4.jpg
Ujindou Commando Sniper 5.jpg
Ujindou Commando Sniper 6.jpg
Ujindou Commando Sniper 7.jpg
Ujindou Commando Sniper 8.jpg
Ujindou Commando Sniper 9.jpg
Ujindou Commando Sniper 10.jpg
Ujindou Commando Sniper 11.jpg
Ujindou Commando Sniper 12.jpg
Ujindou Commando Sniper 13.jpg
Ujindou Commando Sniper 14.jpg
Ujindou Commando Sniper 15.jpg
Ujindou Commando Sniper 16.jpg
Ujindou Commando Sniper 17.jpg
Ujindou Commando Sniper 18.jpg
Ujindou Commando Sniper 18.jpg
Ujindou Commando Sniper 19.jpg
Ujindou Commando Sniper 20.jpg
Ujindou Commando Sniper 21.jpg
Ujindou Commando Sniper 22.jpg
Ujindou Commando Sniper 23.jpg
Ujindou Commando Sniper 24.jpg
Ujindou Commando Sniper 25.jpg
Ujindou Commando Sniper 26.jpg
Ujindou Commando Sniper 27.jpg
Ujindou Commando Sniper 28.jpg
Ujindou Commando Sniper 29.jpg
Ujindou Commando Sniper 30.jpg
Ujindou Commando Sniper 31.jpg
Ujindou Commando Sniper 32.jpg
Ujindou Commando Sniper 33.jpg
Ujindou Commando Sniper 34.jpg

Tons of options with this figure.

I'm going to have to get two of these because I want a figure in the classic battledress, but I also like the commando sweater look. They can go with the ones I already have.

I have a pair of black boots I can use to make a third figure with the camouflage smock, trousers and net. He can be lightly kitted out with the rifle, bandolier and scope bag. He can go with the upcoming Ujindou Big Red One figure, as that's going to be an odd one out from more northern Europe.

I'm going to have to get two of these because I want a figure in the classic battledress, but I also like the commando sweater look. They can go with the ones I already have.

I have a pair of black boots I can use to make a third figure with the camouflage smock, trousers and net. He can be lightly kitted out with the rifle, bandolier and scope bag. He can go with the upcoming Ujindou Big Red One figure, as that's going to be an odd one out from more northern Europe.

Making "3" figures from "2" boxed sets is always a "win".

Making "3" figures from "2" boxed sets is always a "win".

It's like it's been with DID, one figure has more than they use so leads to another. Eventually you have enough parts from several figures that make another.

Lt. MacDonald's unused Sten can arm one of the new Commandos, which frees up the rifle and associated parts for another figure.

I think I'm hooked on Ujindou. It was the British Commando (UD9013) that got me to take proper notice of them, and apart from the Panzergrenadier camouflage uniform set numbered UD9014, I've pre-ordered everything since: UD9015 Chindit; UD9016 Gran Sasso Fallschirmjager and UD9017 "The Big Red One". UD9018 will be next when Kit lists him.

I wish they'd include stands though. There are three companies I've become hooked on: DID, Ujindou and Threezero for their Stranger Things. None of them supply stands, and the classic black oval crotch grabbers are getting harder to source cheap. :slap

A couple of years ago, I made a bulk purchase of those classic HT styled oval stands. I think I bought over 30 of those and just have a handful left! I remember going through Ebay for those but had to really shop around in order to get the best deal. Looks like another order is needed for me, as well...

A couple of years ago, I made a bulk purchase of those classic HT styled oval stands. I think I bought over 30 of those and just have a handful left! I remember going through Ebay for those but had to really shop around in order to get the best deal. Looks like another order is needed for me, as well...

I was buying them in 10s at a good price on Ebay, then next time I looked the prices had shot up and even the ones at the lower end were out of stock of crotch grabbers and only had waist grabbers.

The last ones I got were from Amazon, and I ordered more from what I thought was the same company. However, I doubt I'll receive them. They were supposedly sent 3rd October and I've asked three times for a tracking number, and each time they've given the same copy and paste answer that they would update it when the courier gave them the number.

This set combines well with UD9020.

Since I ordered two of each I went through the parts of both yesterday. With three extra bodies and three pairs of boots the four boxes make seven figures, with parts left over to create an eighth basic figure if wanted.

Now I have all the parts listed out for each of the seven figures (four Commandos and three SAS) I'm getting antsy to have the sets in hand so I can start assembling them. :panic:

Ujindou have made some changes. Instead of a camo net scarf and the camo net mask they supplied one giant piece of net (18" x 11").

Looks like a good set with a mass of parts. Sculpt is small yet again, though the painting is really good. He has some really piercing blue eyes. I'll see if I can get away using them on smaller bodies.

I started writing this hours ago, and just finished the first figure from the first box.

No. 4 Commando Corporal:

100_3922.JPG

100_3924.JPG

100_3928.JPG

100_3927.JPG

The sculpt is Pop Toys' Russell Crowe Robin Hood.

You manage to find great looking and fitting replacement head sculpts, Asta. Really improves the figures. Unfortunately, it is sad that you have to spend more money to do so.

You manage to find great looking and fitting replacement head sculpts, Asta. Really improves the figures. Unfortunately, it is sad that you have to spend more money to do so.

So far I've been lucky and managed to use spare sculpts. The Pop Toys Robin Hood came with two.

I've put together a second figure in the camouflage windproof smock and trousers, and wanted to mask him with the net as Ujindou had him in the promo photos. But it seems impossible to get the netting to drape like that, even when soaked.

I ended up using two pieces and tying one around him to keep the other in place. It's a work in progress. :lol

100_3933.JPG

I kept going back to the camo smock figures, because the smocks are quite large scale. I didn't put anything under them, which didn't help, but regardless they're long in the sleeves even on Ujindou's body.

I had to find a pose for Tom Hardy with the Sten that would absorb the sleeves and this was the only one that worked.

100_3955.JPG

The camo net is a let down because I was sold on the creepy looking mask Ujindou made for the prototype. I noticed in those photos that there's a visible strap or double sided tape around his head:

Ujindou Commando Sniper 6.jpg
Ujindou Commando Sniper 7.jpg

The material's too stiff to drape, even when soaked, so now he looks like he has a bandit mask with the knit cap to replace the net covering his head. I notice in tho

I think I'm going to break him down and start again. Put some clothing under his smock to bulk up the arms and try again with the net, because there has to be some way of wrangling it into a draped mask.

While I was there I took the original Ujindou Commando white RAF roll neck sweater off my kit bashed officer, and replaced it with the Sniper's brown one. He blends in more now.

100_3963.JPG
100_3965.JPG

I put trousers and a thick shirt under the full camo sniper to replicate a battledress uniform.

100_3971.JPG

It bulked up his arms and legs, eliminating the look of a badly stuffed scarecrow.

I also fought with two pieces of netting: wrapping, tucking and tying it into a form of submission.

Need to break down the Commando on the end now and put a shirt under his smock as well.

Putting a shirt under the smock made a big difference. Should've thought about it before I started putting them together.

100_3998.JPG
100_3999.JPG

I keep forgetting to mention the body they're using now.

It's a lot better than in their old days. The joints are tight, it doesn't rattle when you shake it, like some of the cheap narrow shoulders, and it has some weight to it.

I think they're also a little narrower across the shoulder than the norm.

100_3976.JPG

100_3977.JPG

On the back, in the area marked, I'm sure there's the remains of lettering. It wouldn't show up in photos but under a light I can see an 'R' on the left and a 'D;' on the right. It looks as though there was an attempt to erase writing before the part was cast. :unsure:

100_3979.JPG

Going commando!

100_4000.JPG

That's as far as I can go with the fourth figure until the SAS turn up with his trousers and the rest of his gear.

It's the first time I've photographed the Cillian Murphy Sniper sculpt. Shame it's undersized compared to most 1/6 heads because it looks good. He's on the Ujindou Big Red One body. I may be able to get away with it.

Put the other one on a DID Slim Short as it looks more proportionate:

100_3991.JPG

100_3994.JPG

100_3997.JPG

That one's planned for one of the Qorange Gebirgsjager sets.

Turns out the sweater with the shoulder patches is post-war. :slap

I'll switch it out for one of the period correct ones in the UD9020 SAS sets. The third SAS figure I was going to make from them is going to be wearing the greatcoat over his sweater, so he can have UD9018's since the patches won't show.

Crisis averted. :lol

EDIT:

Looking at British army sweater patterns, this one doesn't appear to exactly replicate any of them. It has the 1955 pattern shoulder patches with straps, but lacks the elbow patches. Therefore no good for post-war representations either, unless worn under a jacket or greatcoat.

Back