DAMTOYS 78098 1/6 Scale Bravo Two Zero British SAS Patrol leader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlyAndFight

©Fly, All rights reserved
CF Supporter
Reaction score
I can't believe that Asta hadn't posted this one yet... :wink1:

Good film, excellent book. That's what I remember from both. This figure is a must-get, for me.

Part list:
Detailed Head sculpture
DAM 3.5 action body with over 30 points of articulations
Action hands for gloves
D3A Gloves
British Army sweater
Desert DPM camo Windproof Smock
Desert DPM camo combat pants
British Army desert boots
Keffiyeh scarf X2
Shepherd robe
British Army DPM camo Combat vest
British Army DPM camo PLCE rucksack
C7 assault rifle
Rifle sling
C7 assault rifle with M203 grenade launcher
Compass
GPMG sling
40mm grenade bandolier
M16 30RD mag x4
40mm grenade x6
P226 pistol
15RD Pistol mag x2
20RD Pistol mag x1
L68A1 smoke grenade
L83A2 smoke grenade
M26 grenade
MS2000 strobe light
M72 LAW (light anti-tank weapon)
Military binoculars
British Army pattern 58 water bottle with cup
Hat
Sun Wind & Dust goggles
Flag

105837mkbz8x2zx9w22br5.jpg

105848cql9cvl3l4u1akkl.jpg

105900d0fqtffzfrk4k8yy.jpg

105906p1crf5c1xoei53id.jpg

105858en81w51wgdgn84zj.jpg

105912c8ppcuud20qxzcm1.jpg

105914o57qheezax047nc1.jpg

110024fhfm5o6a6vv4t6o4.jpg

110038a03lyo5wwlxf3osy.jpg

110046wzgjpddzz69dtt1d.jpg

Very cool. I read both Bravo Two Zero and The One That Got Away by Andy McNabb / Chris Ryan when I was a teenager, the only problem is that now I don't know which to believe.

I paid upfront for the Greenwolf Studios version a few years back and lost it all as the company collapsed (after an employee ran off with all the money rumor has it). So no Chris Ryan figure.

Anyway this at least will get made and has a Sean Bean-ish head sculpt too. For sure in on this. Anything British-100% in. Anything Sean Bean in. Anything honoring the SAS-in.

I really dig this one, in particular the head. Read the book years ago, haven't seen the movie. Heard later on the whole thing was exaggerated.

That side profile picture laying on the ground, the likeness to Sean is sooo good. I'm really tempted by this

I found myself preordering this; nice figure with a mostly there Sean Bean likeness. Such is the power of the film that Sean Bean remains my mental image of the author Andy McNab to this day. It's also SAS figure so that's a plus too.

I don't quite know where I'm going to put it or how it fits into my mostly Star Wars and LOTR collection, but I'll let future 2024 me figure that out.

Very cool. I read both Bravo Two Zero and The One That Got Away by Andy McNabb / Chris Ryan when I was a teenager, the only problem is that now I don't know which to believe.

I also read the book long ago.

IIRC, McNab talked about the unit making improvised claymore mines with "ice cream plastic buckets" and filling them with washers / screws / nuts / bolts and packing the center with either C4 or Semtex. It's unfortunate that we don't get some accessories that dovetail back to the actual book. Also IIRC, McNab talked about keeping a plastic spoon on a string around his neck. Would be nice to see a small water can with the set up, but maybe that would drive up the price.

I cannot remember if the weapons had slings or not. Back in the day, I used to have a friend at OSW who was a retired Green Beret. He told me some units wanted no slings because the prevailing thought is the weapon should always be in your hands, even just at low set ready, instead of slung. The OSWer pointed out he didn't believe in that, as if you needed to climb or use both your hands, well you needed a sling. He also pointed out a sling is useful for lashing something together in an emergency. I can't remember what he said about having a compass rigged to a rifle.

It's been a while since I've seen the film. IIRC, there were 8 guys. Four had M16/203s and four had M249 SAWs / FN Minimis. Here they are listed as the C7, etc. Not sure if this figure is the correct one or not. So not sure where the M16A2 ( or the standard C7) come from at all. I don't remember it from the film. But I'm not going to argue about having more guns in the set.

What's interesting is back then, there was still some general controversy around guys like Richard Marcinko and McNab essentially monetizing their service time. But now, in current times, everyone has a podcast and it's more common ( I won't say it's internally more accepted though...) Jocko Willink might be a household name at this point.

Two things from the book, from raw memory, is that McNab pointed out that one of the guys wore long johns, because the nights were so cold, but he was wearing them when they got into that first huge firefight, and it ended up burning him up and got him sick. The other thing was apparently in darkness, McNab said he turned around and one of his guys was missing. And that he lost one of his own guys by not paying attention.

It's just hard to say at this point. What really happened. Hard to judge people in that kind of complex and dire circumstance. Cool looking figure.

Last edited:
Looks like they have another in the team coming out! I can't remember which one this is supposed to be.
144522jbp7wtw7jq1t44f0.jpg

I'm seeing a resemblance to Daniel Craig.

Doesn't look like anyone from the film.

Also doesn't look like Chris Ryan.

I was hoping for a Rick Warden sculpt ( Harry Welsh from Band Of Brothers, Warden is probably the most "recognizable" from the B2Z cast besides Bean) Also the odds of getting a Warden sculpt otherwise is pretty much nil. On the list of BOB characters that would get made, he wouldn't likely be in the top 15 to be made.

On an aside, awesome to see a high detail Browning Hi-Power being released again. I know one was released with one of the more recent Resident Evil figures, but it's pretty scarce with modern figures ( Some WW2 figures have them) DAM makes good weapons. I appreciate seeing two main guns per set, plus the LAW. My guess is the figure are getting one main gun from the film, then one main gun based on what might have been shown in the book. ( IIRC, the book had 10-12 pages of photos in the center of it)

Anyone doing a Heat figure, for DeNiro or Kilmer, the Colt 733 is a nice addition. Most of the Heat figures on the market have weapons that are simple molds without function. Since this is a DAM weapon, we know it can be broken down, the charging handle will work, dust cover, fire selector, etc, etc.

These are really great looking figures. We haven't had a Minimi released like this in over 20 years ( DML modern weapons card)

I'm very happy to see this and I can get a decent Sean Bean sculpt that I can use for a Richard Sharpe custom figure.
I've read quiet a few Chris Ryan books, but never his version of this story, nor have I read/watched "Bravo Two Zero", so it looks like I need to get on to that.

Back