UFC, etc.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL, Alistair declined a fight with Fedor:

"I've stated many times that Strikeforce was my number one priority, but after Fedor lost to Werdum, I had no intention of fighting somebody other than Werdum. I came to the States to challenge the winner of the fight and that was Werdum, so no need to fight somebody else. Furthermore, I like K-1 very much and there are not many opportunities to stay fighting in K-1, so I want to fight if I still can. One of my goals is to be K-1 champion and this is my chance."

Funny. Because after Fedor lost to Werdum, and they interviewed Overeem, he stated that he really didn't want to fight Werdum, and would still rather pursue a fight with Fedor.

Looks like it's straight outta the U.S. - again - for Alistair, where he can continue to pump his ass full of roids. Oh well. I'll still continue to watch him destroy cans in Europe and Japan, but man...would've been nice to see him fight some top comp in MMA(now, I mean).

Agreed, but that still would rule Fedor out no way should he get a shot at the title after tapping out in 60 some odd seconds in his last fight.

Fedor vs. Werdum = Winner fights Overeem for the HW Title. That's how the fight was billed (#1 Contender match).

Werdum wins.

After the fight, that's when this whole circus started. First Werdum says he actually doesn't want to fight Overeem (as billed) he wants to fight Fedor again. Then Fedor says the same thing, he wants to fight Werdum again, not Overeem.

Then Werdum reveals he's injured, having surgery and won't be back until early 2011. So Strikeforce decides to try and set up Overeem vs. Fedor (even with Fedor coming off a Submission loss in 69 seconds of the first round). Fedor and M-1 declined.

So without Werdum or Fedor to face, Overeem announced his plans to participate in the 2010 K-1 World Grand Prix. Keep in mind, this is back in June after Fedor lost.

And then.. NOW.. in August, when Overeem is already committed to fighting in the K-1 WGP (Oct. 02 and Dec. 11) Fedor pops up and says he wants a fight with Overeem in November/December!?

:lol:lol:lol

Sure you spend money but it's all worth it imo. Your going to have lines and meatheads at every event. If you can hold your own there's no need to worry about meatheads plus it's not like people are out to get you at fights. There’s not anything better than watching a fight live if you have good seats. Just hearing how hard these guys hit when they connect is rowdy! HDTV is nice and all but it doesn’t beat being there. It doesn’t even come close. Sure you can watch the fight at home and get all the angles but you also have to sit there and listen to Joe Rogan talk the entire time lol. Something I could do without. If you’ve never actually been to a fight you’re truly missing out imo. It’s an experience that every fight fan should have at least once.

Ive been to a crap load of fights here in Hawaii...just not to UFC or strikeforce. But ive seen a lot of now big named people fight here in hawaii. Rumble on the Rock etc.

When I watch fights, i like to see all the good angles and even so far as the expression on the fighters faces. Just makes it much more interesting to me. Especially when the ground game comes into play and you can see what the fighters are trying to do down there. Watching from a distance isn't as exciting for me. Sure the crowd is LOUD but i could give a ____ about everyone else. im there for me.

And yes, there is no NBA or NFL in hawaii but ive been to many games when I lived in NYC, Seattle, LA, and Minnesota.

I'd rather just sit at home on my couch than pay that much for a ticket. I'm cheap so anything more than $150 is more than what I think it's worth.

This was also my cap, which I was actually able to do for UFC 117 which was a pretty stacked card. I'm actually going to go to my favorite bar and grill to watch the show which has no cover charge.

I'll still at least be able to go to the weigh-ins.

Ive been to a crap load of fights here in Hawaii...just not to UFC or strikeforce. But ive seen a lot of now big named people fight here in hawaii. Rumble on the Rock etc.

When I watch fights, i like to see all the good angles and even so far as the expression on the fighters faces. Just makes it much more interesting to me. Especially when the ground game comes into play and you can see what the fighters are trying to do down there. Watching from a distance isn't as exciting for me. Sure the crowd is LOUD but i could give a ____ about everyone else. im there for me.

And yes, there is no NBA or NFL in hawaii but ive been to many games when I lived in NYC, Seattle, LA, and Minnesota.

Yep that's what I like about watching the fights on TV as well. It is nice seeing those octagon girls in person though you gotta admit lol.

So how'd you like that horrible/hilarious north south 69 in the Lisa Ward fight?

:lol:lol:lol:rotfl

lol i was watching the fight on mute so i missed the crowd reaction, but i can only imagine what that sounded like lol. That was a painful fight to watch.

ha ha ha yeah that was pretty funny...the Irish chic had no clue what to do at all and the crowd was just hamming it up in there make out "69" north south session

The weird thing to me was, that chick was 9-0 with 8 finishes (3 TKO's + 5 Subs) but she looked absolutely clueless in the cage. Her stand up was horrible, her ground game was non-existent (even with top position) and just in general it looked like this was the first fight she had ever been in. Even her facial expression of sheer terror when they first clinched gave off that impression.

Overall I thought it was a good night of fights though. First fight was crazy!!! I actually prefer Bellator to Strikeforce (Fights, Presentation, Commentating, etc). :lol

Only thing that sucks: Unless I'm missing the earlier show (if it even exists!?) F'n Bellator doesn't come on for me until 1:00am in the morning!

Theres not really an early show. They usually just recap the last fights and basically give you the run down of who won there fights to advance in the tournaments. Other than that really not much eles. I do really like Bellator though, thinking about going to the event thats coming back to Hollywood, FL. We'll see nothing set in stone, just thinking about it.

Time to bring the belt back to HAWAII!

2s12mxf.jpg

Alistair Overeem is reported to be fighting Aleks Emelianenko:

A heavyweight bout between Alistair Overeem (33-11, 1 NC) and Aleksander Emelianenko (17-3) will reportedly headline the November 19 card from Polish promotion Strefa Walk.

Though it's already listed on the promotion's website, Golden Glory head Bas Boon tells MMArocks.pl that the match is currently being negotiated.

Picks:

Penn by submission
Couture by AARP ground and pound
Diaz by Ghetto Blaster
Florian by Triangle Choke

I'm rooting for all the underdogs except for Penn. Although I wouldn't put money on those underdogs.

Would love to see Toney get the win just for the comedy, but antics have been the same thru boxing so I dont take it that serious.

Love Penn's new stand on "putting the fight back into Ultimate Fighting" cause I hate wrestlers and stallers.

Diaz n Davis should be a good fight.

The only underdog I would put money on is Maynard.

Awesome card. Lets hope it lives up.

Back