UFC, etc.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
a dud event. I thought Mcmann could pose a threat, another tough stoppage from Herb, but I can kinda see this stoppage being justified. Maia is still too predictable after all these years. He can't keep the fight on the ground against top guys if he shoots from 10ft away, don't understand that at all. He should just go back to grappling events.

These cards are freaking terrible. Cormier vs Pat was a joke. They'd have been better to bring back Kimbo to fight him...lol. The main event was good as they were throwing hard. To bad it git stopped to early. Bring in Cyborg and she will retire another pretty champion just like she did to Gina. Dana is afraid to do it though.

only God knows how much steroids is flowing through Cyborg. Might as well just have her fight dudes. That's all anyone would say if she beat Ronda anyways, so what's the point?

LOL at asking $60 for tonight's event. the UFC has gone downhill fast. and what is up with Herb Dean these days? Awful stoppages every time he refs.

Yeah that was a pretty weak UFC. I really thought Sara was going to be the one to do it. She was looking really strong, but the liver shot will drop anyone. Another lack luster event in the books.

To many events and that's diluting the fight cards. Plus who is marketable in the UFC now?Rousey isn't popular, fans prefer booing her. Cain doesn't have a big following as most Mexicans still prefer boxing. Bones is very good but he isn't a popular guy. Weidman is to new to the scene. GSP and Canada are now gone. No big names under 170 that can draw outside of Brazil. Chael is a great talker but most don't like his style of fighting. Something must change or the UFC will start declining. All the young guys have zero backstory worth a damn. Its just Joe blow wrestler or a Brazilian guy. Reminds me of WWE. Isn't worth a damn anymore but when WCW and ECW were competitors wrestling was at its zenith. Once Vince bought them all it got boring. That said if I was a billionaire I'd start up a promotion like Pride. Make it real but a spectacle at the same time. What I loved when I started watching MMA were the Pride shows and the fighters had a persona. Fedor, Noguera, Wanderlai, Shamrock, Frye, Chuck, Rampage, Randelman, CroCop, Shogun, Henderson, Sakuraba, the Gracies, etc...

The thing is, there are plenty of characters in the UFC, but their irrelevant unless they are top tier fighters. Too many "nice" guys holding belts makes it kind of boring. It was a good mixture when Brock , silva and gsp were holding belts .

I didn't even bother watching the last 2 UFC PPV's. First time since the Liddell Couture days I missed an event. Just lost interest.

^ and that's what's happening. All the top guys are vanilla, polite, and boring when it comes taking an interest in them. The nastiest most interesting guy is Amagov IMO.

I had a feeling this card was gonna suk asss, luckily I did not order it, I'm gonna have to start watching wwe instead now......

Yeah I think Lyoto is going to be Chris in a very boring decision. I could be wrong because I actually like Lyoto but his style doesnt always lend itself to exciting fights. We'll see, I would be ok with Jacare getting a shot as well though. Hes come along away from just being a BJJ expert.

Back