UFC, etc.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nah, **** Sonnen. He just lost and was finished in his last fight. And he has 0 wins at LHW i.e. he doesn't deserve a title shot. He talked his way into 2 MW title shots and he got finished in both.

Well the UFC seems to disagree with you cause they offered him the fight and it's better then canceling a whole card.

hmm...whol card is off. I mean its not like they havent had ****ty cards before. They coudl have just found something to replace it and had the event. Now the whole card gets affected?

Chris Weidman also offered to fight Jones. Jones is a coward. He should of fought Chael just to keep the card alive. Sucks for the other fighters who trained for there fights, the fans that bought tickets and booked rooms. Dana's pissed and he should be. Is this the 1st time a UFC event has been canceled???

Chris Weidman also offered to fight Jones. Jones is a coward. He should of fought Chael just to keep the card alive. Sucks for the other fighters who trained for there fights, the fans that bought tickets and booked rooms. Dana's pissed and he should be. Is this the 1st time a UFC event has been canceled???

:goodpost:

Jones vs. Machida II moved to UFC 152 (Sept 22).

LHW TITLE: Jones vs. Machida
FLYWEIGHT TITLE: Benavidez vs. Johnson
Bisping vs. Stann
Grant vs. Dunham
Hamill vs. Matyushenko
Swanson vs. Oliveira

3 other bouts were moved to the Bigfoot vs. Browne card on FX.

Well the UFC seems to disagree with you cause they offered him the fight

And thankfully Jones turned it down. :lol

After Jones' money entitlement whining about not wanting to face Machida again because it was his lowest draw last year --a statement he made before the cancelation-- it's dumb-founding that he said no to an out of shape 185'er who didn't just finish a fight camp like he did and would have drawn big numbers.

He went on to quote on twitter The Art of War on always bringing your opponent to the battlefield instead of allowing them to do it to you.

So what is it, Jon jones? On one hand you say you're business savy. On the other, you say you have a warrior spirit. BUT you just declined a big money fight and posted a lame excuse that makes you look nothing like a warrior. lol

Still like Bones as a fighter but lost respect for him as a UFC Champ.

I never was a fan of the American Gangster, but listening to a ESPN interview I agree on what he had to say.

Wow...so Bones is afraid of Sonnen. I got to say Sonnen is a man of his word and will fight anyone, anytime. Bones is in shape to fight and Sonnen is at a huge disadvantage but he still chickens out. I bet Dana has never been this mad. I think Bones ego is getting to big and Dana wont stand for that to long.

I would have bought the card still if Sonnen fought Bones. I think Bones would beat Hendo and Sonnen but they would give him a fight. I dont understand why Bones chickened out. Bones is much bigger, has an amazing reach, is in fighting shape, but wont fight Sonnen who is smaller and basically a one trick pony. So Bones had rather burn his bridges with Dana and Lorenzo, than take the fight. I would not be surprised if they didnt strip him of the title and fire him. If he loses his job with the UFC, there's no place to go for him to make big money.

Pretty easy to "fight anyone, anytime" when you have nothing to lose. :lol

Isn't that what the Champ is supposed to do. Fight anyone, anytime. Jones is almost a HW and wont fight a MW. Bones may not agree with Sonnen getting the fight, so he should have just went in and made an example of Sonnen, not be the reason the whole card fell apart.

I disagree with ya'll. Though I do believe sonnen would lose, I also think there is a good chance he could pull one of his famous upsets (well sort of an upset I guess:slap). Sonnen has given Silva a very good run for his money twice (personally I think Silva got lucky with that sloppy back hand Sonnen threw leading to that trip last fight). Sonnen and Jones would be a very interesting fight IMO, def more interesting than Jones and Henerson:horror.

For this reason I wish Jones would have accepted the fight, but I don't think he did anything wrong by not doing so. You have to earn the right to fight the champ, and it is highly unusual to ask a champion to change opponents one week before a fight. Jones has everything to lose here and nothing to win. Sonnen talks alot of **** (I love it, the mans an entertainer:clap) But Jones was wise to not get baited into this fight.

I'm shocked that Dana White is so publicly shunning Jones. I mean come on am I the only one that thinks Jones is well with in his rights to reject a change of opponents one week before a fight card. I mean come on:slap. That said it would have been awesome if he had accepted. It would have kept the event alive and been a more interesting bout, but I think it is childish to call Jones a wuss or a coward when all he did was make the smart decision.

Bones takes the fight with Sonnen and he gets defeated. Dana would just give him an immediate title shot for stepping up and taking the fight on short notice. He becomes a savior to Dana, Lorenzo, the fighters, and the other workers and fans. Instead he looks like a chicken, pisses off the UFC brass bigtime, and causes the other fighters on the card to not get a check. Sure its not his fault Hendo got hurt, but he should have taken the fight. Its not like Cain or some HW was going to come down to fight him.

All I'm saying is Jones is clearly a very intelligent fighter. I don't care if you like him or not, you can not argue that he isn't a smart fighter. He has already prooven himself to everyone by dominating every fighter they have sent his way. As much as I would love to see this fight I think he simply just made a smart decisision. The way you talk about this stuff it sounds like your talking about a pro wrestling match, and honestly thats the image I think these elite UFC champions are trying to get away from. You can taunt Jones all day long, but it doesn't matter he won't budge b/c he is the champ and you have to earn the right to fight him. Yeah I realize it doesn't work out for everyone and the fans def suffer the most, but at the end of the day Jones's real job is to hold on to that belt and do so with dignity and thats what I think he's doing. Some mite think his soul purposes is to entertain them but they are ignorant and wrong IMO.

Great now it's Belfort and Jones on the 22nd. This just keeps getting crazier and crazier. White really needs to start getting permission from these fighters before he makes these announcements. I bet Machida doesn't catch the same guff Jones does for not accepting a fight even though he has almost a month to prepare and it's with an opponent he fought recently.

Back