Transformers will be this Years Box Office King!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I maybe could have lived with the new car forms... But Megatron not beeing a gun? All the robots looking like crap in robot form? UNFORGIVABLE!! :monkey4 :emperor

B-Electronic said:
I maybe could have lived with the new car forms... But Megatron not beeing a gun? All the robots looking like crap in robot form? UNFORGIVABLE!! :monkey4 :emperor
I can see it now! you got all this big robots fighting in the city and then Megatron pops out ans TRANSFORMS into a gun WOW actualy nop. it just doesnt go with it! I would prefer for him to be a tank!

p!tu said:
I can see it now! you got all this big robots fighting in the city and then Megatron pops out ans TRANSFORMS into a gun WOW actualy nop. it just doesnt go with it! I would prefer for him to be a tank!

Some things aggreeably will not transfer from the original G1 cartoon to a live action movie... Megatron turning (and shrinking) into a gun that Starscream can fire wouldn't work--- Soundwave turning into an outdated tape cassette player wouldn't work--- Opitmus transforming and then the rest of the truck mysteriously disappears as it did in the cartoon--- wouldn't work...

However, after saying all that I agree that Megatron's form should have been more in line with a tank and I really think that the actual look of the robots could have been more closely tied into their G1 origin. When I look at the robots (Hasbro site has their robot forms) besides Prime & maybe Bumblebee due to the colour I would have no way of identifying any of the others.

Jazz? Starscream? Megatron?... Sorry--- no connection. I'm sure it'll be a visually stunning movie with explosions galore--- I just wish some more of G1 would have blended into it.

Here's what I think.

The fact that Megatron hates Earth and humans and is very arrogant leads me to believe he has purposely chosen to retain his alien vehicle and robot form. I actually think it's very smart to have both the Autobots and Decepticons possess many alien looking traits...they have only been on earth for a short time so haven't had a chance to analyze human facial characteristics. It appears they can assume any shape in the movie and since we all know there will be sequels, I can see in future films Autobots and Decepticons evolving in shape, taking on more G1 appearances as they study the environment around them. We have to assume they are just getting use to our appearances and vehicles by the end of the first film and maybe in T2 their faces will be more human like. I think it's cool to think that the Transformers will evolve as the movie series continues.

What will be interesting to find out is how Transformers are able to change colors as well as change shape. It's obvious Optimus doesn't have flames before he comes to Earth so how does he get them in the movie?

Kookie said:
Here's what I think.

The fact that Megatron hates Earth and humans and is very arrogant leads me to believe he has purposely chosen to retain his alien vehicle and robot form. I actually think it's very smart to have both the Autobots and Decepticons possess many alien looking traits...they have only been on earth for a short time so haven't had a chance to analyze human facial characteristics. It appears they can assume any shape in the movie and since we all know there will be sequels, I can see in future films Autobots and Decepticons evolving in shape, taking on more G1 appearances as they study the environment around them. We have to assume they are just getting use to our appearances and vehicles by the end of the first film and maybe in T2 their faces will be more human like. I think it's cool to think that the Transformers will evolve as the movie series continues.

What will be interesting to find out is how Transformers are able to change colors as well as change shape. It's obvious Optimus doesn't have flames before he comes to Earth so how does he get them in the movie?

he gets them cause he scans a truck the looks like that thus taking that form! the same way they have been doing since G1 to BW.

Kookie said:
Here's what I think.

well according to the prequel book(if you don't want to know anything don't read the rest of this post), Megatron is frozen(you see him in the trailer tied up with gas spraying on him to keep him frozen) on earth and the humans study him to create a ship based on his technology(far inferior) and launch it as a top-secret mission at the same time as Apollo mission in 1969 and anyway they meet the autobots and decepticons out in space so at the start of the movie which i guess is almost 40 years later they have had some contact but i agree not enough.

Last edited:
p!tu said:
he gets them cause he scans a truck the looks like that thus taking that form! the same way they have been doing since G1 to BW.

I get that he scans the truck and takes the shape but how is he able to add colors or designs?

Vader AL said:
well according to the prequel book(if you don't want to know anything don't read the rest of this post), Megatron is frozen(you see him in the trailer tied up with gas spraying on him to keep him frozen) on earth and the humans study him to create a ship based on his technology(far inferior) and launch it as a top-secret mission at the same time as Apollo mission in 1969 and anyway they meet the autobots and decepticons out in space so at the start of the movie which i guess is almost 40 years later they have had some contact but i agree not enough.

Can you buy the prequel book at any book store?

Kookie said:
Can you buy the prequel book at any book store?

I know that they're releasing four comics that tell the story right up until the movie action begins. I have issues #1 & 2---

(SPOILER ALERT)

In Issue #1 it shows Megatron crushing Bumblebee's throat/voice box (in similar fashion to the Clone Wars cartoon moment where Mace Windu crushes Grievous' chest on Coruscant).

Kookie said:
I get that he scans the truck and takes the shape but how is he able to add colors or designs?
because they complitly mimic what they scan. it what they do the take every aspect of the vehicle and make them there own! so they become a perfect copy of what they scan.

My biggest things is that there is absolutely no identification with the characters. Without labels next to their picture, you wouldn't know who was who. If the producers want the name RECOGNITION of Transformers to help sell their film, then why is there no RECOGNITION of the characters?
StarScream has no eyes, which is disturbing, but is cool for him. A lot of the designs pull parts from Anime as well. A lot of Bumblebee seems to be cobbled from Five Star Stories.
Not that it is bad, just an observation.
I am a TransFan myself and would have prefered that they remained more traditional or Binaltech/Alternator-y with the designs, but the way the story plays out will tell all.

DarthNeil said:
I know that they're releasing four comics that tell the story right up until the movie action begins. I have issues #1 & 2---

(SPOILER ALERT)

In Issue #1 it shows Megatron crushing Bumblebee's throat/voice box (in similar fashion to the Clone Wars cartoon moment where Mace Windu crushes Grievous' chest on Coruscant).

So does this mean that Bumblebee will be speaking in beeps instead of words ala the kid from Battle Of The Planets?

piccolodaimaoh said:
So does this mean that Bumblebee will be speaking in beeps instead of words ala the kid from Battle Of The Planets?

in the book he wasn't speaking or making a noise at all....basically mute.

SPOILER PICTURES--- (TURN YOUR HEAD AND COUGH)

My Shangri-La Wal-Mart finally got its act together so this time I was able to buy three of the movie Transformers: Jazz and Bumblebee (for G1 nostalgic reasons)-- and the Decepticon cop car called Barricade(although in hindsight maybe the tank would have been better).

Not bad for ten bucks a piece--- anyway, here are some shots in case you haven't seen them yet (and want to).

The Autobots in robot mode

Bumblebee close-up

Jazz close-up

And the Decepticon police car called Barricade (with Frenzy... enough said where he comes from)

Working
(imageshack is acting up-- I'll see if I can't load this one on later)

Last edited by a moderator:
Vader AL said:
i'm sure most have seen this but for those who haven't, check out optimus making the "most manly death" list:

https://www.askmen.com/toys/top_10_150/189_top_10_list.html
I missed this post earlier!

Thats kick ass!!!

Here the quote from the site:

Optimus Prime in Transformers: The Movie (1986)

Description: In the climactic battle to repel the Decepticon invasion, Optimus Prime engaged in an epic battle with Megatron that left both combatants mortally wounded. On his death bed, Optimus Prime passed Autobot leadership onto Ultra Magnus by bestowing upon him the Matrix of Leadership orb that Optimus extracted from the heart of his chassis before finally dying a manly movie death. The entire sequence showcased all the traits that made Optimus Prime such a valiant leader: courage, loyalty and selflessness.

Posthumous:
Optimus Prime has been exhumed many times for the purposes of the Transformers cartoon and comic books, and in 2007 he was once again reconstituted in typically heroic form for Michael Bay’s movie, Transformers.

Back