Transformers 4: Age of Extinction

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think anyone expects those kinds of films.

But when we get other quality blockbusters, like most of the MCU movies, the Nolan movies, X-Men (First Class for me, but...), LOTR, among plenty of other scifi/fantasy films.... There really is no excuse for poor characters and storytelling, which is why I no longer bother go to Bay movies. I can get the whole package with other franchises that have just as much awesome action but also have compelling characters and better told stories.

Expecting a quality blockbuster is not expecting something like Citizen Kane - I see people use those a lot in defense of Bay's films, but those comparisons don't work.

When I say that I mean I'm not expecting omg this is the best ever. I go in expecting some issues but I also expect a decent enough story, characters, and some badass fight scenes. I've gotten that with all the films. I realize there are plenty that don't but there are plenty that do, which is why these keep making a ton of money. I've liked the Transformers since I was a kid and I don't feel like they have really did anything bad to the series. It doesn't change how I feel about the cartoons. Besides the cartoons are where they killed Prime and that is totally unforgivable as far as these things go.

Well then you all need to speak with the one thing that Hollywood understands: your money.

However, I don't see that happening. Instead, folks who complain are going off to see the movie opening night or while its in theaters. As long as that money is coming in, Bay will continue making Transformers and Hasbro and the producers are happy to see it in his hands.

Speak with your wallet.

You guys are missing the point.

Believe me I've seen you go on and on about it enough to get your point. I just don't care and I like them. If others do and we can talk about it in the mix of *****ing posts great and if not then that's ok as well.

Well then you all need to speak with the one thing that Hollywood understands: your money.

However, I don't see that happening. Instead, folks who complain are going off to see the movie opening night or while its in theaters. As long as that money is coming in, Bay will continue making Transformers and Hasbro and the producers are happy to see it in his hands.

Speak with your wallet.

I do, after Bayformers 2 I decided not to watch a Michael Bay movie ever again!

Believe me I've seen you go on and on about it enough to get your point. I just don't care and I like them. If others do and we can talk about it in the mix of *****ing posts great and if not then that's ok as well.

I care...
luke-skywalker-7.jpg

This movie was awful, I wanted to fart in all the actors mouths that starred in the POS.

I thought this movie was better then Captain America Winter Soldier. Stanley Tucci was great in this. Never knew he could be so funny. I love the Hong Kong scene in this movie. Great casts and Mark W was so much better then Shia L. Lockdown was cool and such a bad @ss. I didn't mind Galvatron truck mode resembled Nemesis Prime (I did get why Bay did it). The 165 minutes went very quickly. Worthy as the best movie in 2015. Can't wait for TF5

I haven't scene the movie yet but that amazon exclusive looks freaking awesome. if its resin and not plastic consider it ordered

81bfmrVCZ8L._SL1500_.jpg

Looks crappy. Looks like a kids toy statue. Which is what this movie is promoting anyway.
I wouldn't waste your money on that honestly. Unless you like to collect statues from universally panned movies.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought this movie was better then Captain America Winter Soldier. Stanley Tucci was great in this. Never knew he could be so funny. I love the Hong Kong scene in this movie. Great casts and Mark W was so much better then Shia L. Lockdown was cool and such a bad @ss. I didn't mind Galvatron truck mode resembled Nemesis Prime (I did get why Bay did it). The 165 minutes went very quickly. Worthy as the best movie in 2015. Can't wait for TF5

:clap
You almost had it me at first....almost...:lol

what I don't get is why this movie gets so much money but something cool like John Carter gets the shaft.

I don't mind people watching this because it is nothing but a CGI spectacle but then why do people avoid Other CGI spectacles like R.I.P.D. end up crashing and burning on the ground.

that Honestly doesn't make any sense to me.

Jack the Giant Slayer, The Wolfman, Cowboys & Aliens, Speed Racer, Land of the Lost, Conan the Barbarian

movies where the plot doesn't matter and what matters is the action and the special effects, visuals over content

Exact Same thing as Transformers, and they all horribly bombed. this feels illogical

And don't tell me that it was the fans of the original transformers because some of the movies i posted have big followings,

GI JOE is just as big as transformers but it did pretty bad.

what is it about transformers that draws people in and makes them forgive michael bay? but ignore all the othe flashy movies?

Bay gets the love that others wish they get. It is interesting because other directors that go for the same kind of movie making like the guy that directed the mummy and VAN HELSING movies get a lot of hate and their movies bomb.

But then at the same time Resident Evil movies do as well as Transformers, I bet the same audience goes to both. But why?

Why did Van Helsing crash? but Resident Evil didnt???

Last edited:
So is there really a scene where the sweaty blond girl dances to music played by Bumblebee?

what I don't get is why this movie gets so much money but something cool like John Carter gets the shaft. I don't mind people watching this because it is nothing but a CGI spectacle but then why do people avoid Other CGI spectacles like R.I.P.D. end up crashing and burning on the ground.

that Honestly doesn't make any sense to me.

Jack the Giant Slayer, The Wolfman, Cowboys & Aliens, Speed Racer, Land of the Lost, Conan the Barbarian

movies where the plot doesn't matter and what matters is the action and the special effects, visuals over content
Exact Same thing as Transformers, and they all horribly bombed.

And don't tell me that it was the fans of the original transformers because some of the movies i posted have big followings, GI JOE is just as big as transformers but it did pretty bad.

what is it about transformers that draws people in and makes them forgive michael bay? but ignore all the othe flashy movies?

Yeh it's strange how this franchise can be crap and still make bank but others can't get away with that.

Speak with your wallet.

Pointless though, if people vote with their wallets it won't matter as plenty others will still see it. Reason they haven't changed the formula is it brings in the cash

Yeh it's strange how this franchise can be crap and still make bank but others can't get away with that.

Im not even hating on Transformers but this franchise and Resident evil need to be analysed and carefully studied. There is definitely something really weird going on besides people loving CGI and action scenes.

I wonder if the movies have some kind of subliminal messaging that makes people love them :lol:lol

I rarely watch movies in theaters fellowship was the last I saw. I just thought Optimus prime riding venomsaurus was pretty cool hopefully it's not plastic.

Michael Bay didn't direct this crap? I have the other 3 on bluray. I only bought it because amazon had it on sale for like 15.99. Wouldn't pay regular for Michael Bay directed crap

This guy is obviously trolling.

I will say the only redeeming quality of this film was the introduction of Dino bots / prime vs grimlock fight.

Something that shouldve happened 3 films ago

Back