Transformers 4: Age of Extinction

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Took my kids to see this today. Was ok. About 30 minutes too long. The action was good. The profanity was a little much, especially for a movie that kids are going to want to go see. But other than that, I knew what I was getting going into it. Nothing new or groundbreaking here.

Well, it was an excellent use of the one F bomb, which I'm not normally a fan of in PG-13 movies, but it was perfect here :lol

But I do agree, some of the language and content in the entire series isn't exactly kid appropriate. I'm surprised Hasbro hasn't kept them on a tighter leash to be honest.

I am assuming he's seen the first 3? Was he ever scared? This one is much darker, much more violent, and has a lot more profanity. Even though my 4 year old loved Transformers, I have only shown him select scenes from the first 3, but know he would nightmares for a long time if he saw this one.

No I've only shown him parts of the first 2. He has watched Transformers Prime, which he just about survived and the entire original series. But he's obsessed and I'm mean obsessed with Transformers. He can tell you what Unicron is and where it came from. :lol

He has seen the billboards and the posters for this everywhere. I thought I might get away with the first 10-20 mins in a cinema, so he feels like he has seen it.

Just got back from seeing it in IMAX...

350-dude.png

The movie was awesome! Best action/adventure of the year IMO!

Well, it was an excellent use of the one F bomb, which I'm not normally a fan of in PG-13 movies, but it was perfect here :lol

But I do agree, some of the language and content in the entire series isn't exactly kid appropriate. I'm surprised Hasbro hasn't kept them on a tighter leash to be honest.

Not just that, surprised Hasbro AND Paramount allowed the 165 minute run time for a "kids movie".

No I've only shown him parts of the first 2. He has watched Transformers Prime, which he just about survived and the entire original series. But he's obsessed and I'm mean obsessed with Transformers. He can tell you what Unicron is and where it came from. :lol

He has seen the billboards and the posters for this everywhere. I thought I might get away with the first 10-20 mins in a cinema, so he feels like he has seen it.

:lol :lol

Not just that, surprised Hasbro AND Paramount allowed the 165 minute run time for a "kids movie".

:lol :lol
If the plastic lumps Hasbro has jamming all the aisles is selling, they'll be doing nothing but kissing Bay but and asking his plans for the next 2 flicks.

Hoping to see this today, btw. Not setting my hopes high, but am still optimistically hoping for a better flick than the last.

Set your hopes really really low. Only movie I've left part way thru to go to the toilet.....only thought was why didn't I wait another half hour and just see Edge of Tomorrow instead....

Hoping to see this today, btw. Not setting my hopes high, but am still optimistically hoping for a better flick than the last.

Same here.

Didn't go lasnight, hoping for a chance today.

Set your hopes really really low. Only movie I've left part way thru to go to the toilet.....only thought was why didn't I wait another half hour and just see Edge of Tomorrow instead....

:lol

I am doing yoga meditation to prepare myself for this. :lol

That's how I look at these. We're not talking Lincoln, Saving Private Ryan, Gone with the Wind, Lawrence of Arabia, etc.

I don't think anyone expects those kinds of films.

But when we get other quality blockbusters, like most of the MCU movies, the Nolan movies, X-Men (First Class for me, but...), LOTR, among plenty of other scifi/fantasy films.... There really is no excuse for poor characters and storytelling, which is why I no longer bother go to Bay movies. I can get the whole package with other franchises that have just as much awesome action but also have compelling characters and better told stories.

Expecting a quality blockbuster is not expecting something like Citizen Kane - I see people use those a lot in defense of Bay's films, but those comparisons don't work.

But when we get other quality blockbusters, like most of the MCU movies, the Nolan movies, X-Men (First Class for me, but...), LOTR, among plenty of other scifi/fantasy films.... There really is no excuse for poor characters and storytelling, which is why I no longer bother go to Bay movies. I can get the whole package with other franchises that have just as much awesome action but also have compelling characters and better told stories.

Expecting a quality blockbuster is not expecting something like Citizen Kane - I see people use those a lot in defense of Bay's films, but those comparisons don't work.

This :lecture

Me too. It's not like it's serious art. :lol

That's how I look at these. We're not talking Lincoln, Saving Private Ryan, Gone with the Wind, Lawrence of Arabia, etc.

You guys are missing the point,
The problem is not mindless entertainment, heck I like Anchorman, or toilet humor, I like South Park...
It's the fact that Michael Bay has reduced a beloved kid's franchise into bottom of the barrel stupid "entertainment"... He could've made some amazing sci-fi action movies... Instead he decided to go "full-*****" with each movie having more racism, stupidity and more violent robots who are supposed to be heroes...

He's basically making fun of the franchise, the actors and even the people who watch these movies while making millions for himself... Zero artistic integrity and just the worst kind of cinema of our era... But hey... Everybody wants more Robot balls...

You got a point....

Last edited by a moderator:
Back