TPM Ewan Mcgregor as Obi-Wan?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Darth Rage said:
Forgive me, but I see Charlie Sheen. :eek:

I think it's the hair that's doing it, it's a little high.

I see that too, but I also see Ewan. Great sculpting job indeed. It is interesting though that when you strip away hair color and eyes and what not down to a base head, people you wouldn't think look similar do. There is deffinately shades of Charlie Sheen there, yet it is also clearly Ewan, I'd love to see an unpainted Charlie Sheen head next to that for comparrison.

That's stupendous, Sunohc! I'm inclined to agree that it's your best one yet. I'd love to take a brush to this one!! Let me know if you ever make copies!!

This looks great, awesome job on the sculpt
icon14.gif

Fantastic work Dan! It's definitely got the Ewan vibe goin' on!!! I also really commend your work on the hair. short hair is actually much more challenging, for me, than longer flowing hair. you've done an excellent job there. The forehead is really nice too! Very McGregor!

keep up the hard work, man, and you'll just continue getting better and better! it's definitely not easy what you're doing, and you're really showing a great amount of patience with it. I commend thee!

have fun brutha!
Trev

From one master to another. I feel like the Rohan soldiers listening to Gandalf and Saruman converse at Orthanc--like an ignorant servant listening to two masters discuss things beyond my understanding.........

awesome work man. awesome.

if there's a way to adjust it, it would be the nose. push it in a little, i think it sticks out too far.

front view though? awesome.

if you're selling casts, where do i sign??

edit-actually, the nose is fine. never mind. =) i think the eyes are slightly big though.

Got to agree with everyone else here - brilliant work!

Why don't you get this over to SSC so we can get an EPI Obi-wan to go with Maul?

Seriously, why wouldn't SS just buy this from Sunohc? It's damn near perfect.

Great job!

I'd definitely want Josh to paint a copy of that up for me. Not that the Hasbro version is awful, but this is light-years better.

IrishJedi said:
I think it will be QUITE a while before SSC makes a TPM Obi-Wan. That's why I want one of these.

Ditto and ditto.... It looks great--- Imagine it posed with the SS Maul and Qui-Gon!

THanks everyone! I would go back and thank everyone's name one by one but I don't have internet access at my house so everytime I check a thread, its about 3 pages in!

If I can get enough people interested in this, I'll be sure to get it casted by a professional caster. And I should definately ask Lonnie if I can use that braid casting of his to complete this guy!

I wilil take more straight foward profile shots of this guy instead of obscure angles,as soon as I can :)

The difficult thing about Ewan in TPM is that his hair CONTINOUSLY and inconsistently changes due to him being in multiple movies at one time, but I decided to go with the longer haired him.

thanks again for the comments, they are all REALLY encouraging!:D

p.s. trevor, i know what you mean by short hair. Its hard to make it look like its spiking out of the scalp without messing with the molding process! THis was probably my first attempt and messy short hair..!
but...now I've got this wax pen . heheheheh :rolleyes:
i'm excited

sunohc, your choice for TPM Obi-Wan hair was perfect. If Sideshow gives us TPM Obi-Wan, I hope they make the same choice, that is what his hair was meant to be throughout the film, but with the reshoots and all, you get the ugly wig at times and all. You've done a great job at capturing the look of spiked hair as well, deffinately look forward to seeing some other angles on this piece :)

Back