1/6 Toys Works - Spiritual Leader (Morpheus)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oooook here we go.

Im presenting what I feel are the 3 best materials I have in finished form (magnets attached, all edges painted black), with black mirrored chrome added back in based off Fly and Flight's suggestion. In the images these will be presented either left to right or top to bottom in this order:
- Black mirrored chrome
- Mirrored acrylic
- Silver mirrored chrome

I presented the initial images to show what the materials I chose would likely look like on any typical display lighting. Not super up close, not with light shining RIGHT ON the face, etc.
- In my opinion the silver and black mirror chrome look great. The mirrored acrylic looks great but has that silver ring that I just don't think works.

I then presented images of the reflectivity of each material.
- The mirrored acrylic and silver mirror chrome present a near perfect reflection. The black mirrored chrome has very slight distortion but still a very good reflection.

And finally I am now presenting what each material looks like CLOSE UP. I purposely waited on the last example since people tend to get hung up on macro shots when they'll rarely see the item on the figure in that way.
- The mirrored acrylic has the best surface. It is perfectly smooth, but that silvery ring is still visible (these were thre prototype glasses sothey're a bit smudged up) .
- The black mirrored chrome has a subtle but irregular surface.
- The silver mirrored chrome has a perfectly smooth surface but has a fine, speckled appearance, only visible at the right angle, up close, with bright lighting.

3d30df8db6ce4b86c477ec1791dc1a99.jpg
6299b1c259eaaad7ffa22737cbff7ad5.jpg
ad16a3210a285649d39ff3e26906152e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

That top picture has gone wonky for some reason for me. Getting green zigzags.

But going from the last two pictures... I definitely like the middle one least -- the one with the definite ring. I think the bottom/right looks better than the top/left but holding my opinion to see the first picture when it loads properly.

This all said, I kind of have to defer to Andy on this because in hand it could be a whole different ball game. Truly, whichever looks best for Morpheus in hand.

Last edited:
That top picture has gone wonky for some reason for me. Getting green zigzags.

But going from the last two pictures... I definitely like the middle one least -- the one with the definite ring. I think the bottom/right looks better than the top/left but holding my opinion to see the first picture when it loads properly.
Ok is this better?

3b14f919d6cdbfe14eeae5044f8f915d.jpg

Yes. Thank you.

And now seeing that picture, I rescind my original position and now believe the ones to the left are best. Despite the lumpy surface, they look black and have minimal halo. I imagine at scale, in hand, the lumpiness will be near imperceptible.

The ones on the right look frosted.

What say you, Andy?

Yes. Thank you.

And now seeing that picture, I rescind my original position and now believe the ones to the left are best. Despite the lumpy surface, they look black and have minimal halo. I imagine at scale, in hand, the lumpiness will be near imperceptible.

The ones on the right look frosted.

What say you, Andy?

Ok my gut reaction is that number 3 is the best (far right/bottom in all images). The "frosted" appearance isn't overtly noticeable unless you have light shining at just the right angle. If it was truly frosted in appearance as I assume you are describing it you wouldn't get the mirrored reflection at all, and it provides a perfect mirror finish just as good as the mirrored acrylic.

Even though the mirrored acrylic provides the absolute best mirrored reflection, that silvery ring is unavoidable and in my opinion takes away from the appearance too much compared to the other options.

Now... wrench in the works is number 1 (far left/top in all photos). That is the black mirrored chrome. It provides a really cool, darker appearance that still gives a mirrored reflection, and it essentially eliminates any silvery ring around the edges. If that slight irregular surface could be smoothed out just a bit I think it is the clear winner. As it is I don't think the slight surface texture is really all that big a deal though and so to me it is essentially a tossup between the black mirrored and silver mirrored.

I'm going to try and get a little video of each one so you guys can see them moving and under variable lighting but I won't be able to do that until later today.

Looking forward to more thoughts. And another thing... as I have refined things production has gotten easier and so it may not be too big a deal to offer maybe 2 options. I posted to FB and such and opinions are all over the map, haha.

My preferences are the following, in this order: black mirrored and silver mirrored. (Left and right pics; not the middle ones).

Still leaning towards the black mirrored one only because it appears darker in the pics. It still has a slight silver edge but as mentioned, these are really close-up macro pics. The silver mirrored does look good, as well, but I am unsure if it will appear silver constantly, as Morpheus's glasses tended to look black, most of the time.

Definitely looking forward to seeing your videos.

And thank you for all of your work and dedication on this. Truly appreciated.

Agreed. And yes, THANK YOU DoggieDoc for all this investigative work and effort.

Doggie: Like you, my gut originally was the silver mirrored as I first posted, but then when I saw the 2nd shot the silver mirror looked again too light (frosted was my word) and despite knowing you said its only at certain angles, I figure with my luck the light in my display will be at that unlucky angle. Going strictly by the photos, even when there is no speckling on the silver mirror, the lenses appear to have a blue hue.

However, again I emphasize that you really have the advantage of in-hand reference, so in the end I feel your opinion is the best gauge to go by.

We trust in DoggieDoc

Ok here are the 3 materials.... black mirror top, mirrored acrylic middle, silver mirror bottom.

I think you picked the best one, too. Silver mirror looks the all around best.

- The black mirror captures the dark color best but has "bumps" (for lack of a better word) on the lenses.
- The mirrored acrylic has the smoothest reflection but the edges/frame appears too thick with silver.
- The silver mirror is the all around best. Reflects well and edges are not as noticeable.

Fantastic job and LOVE the presentation box!

Ok here are the 3 materials.... black mirror top, mirrored acrylic middle, silver mirror bottom.

I chose the silver mirror to showcase your final set...

https://youtu.be/WLsAMEHqz1o
30912e40f5ab775c19589cd205810459.jpg
9fd73e827e60f773cea4e7e2c59fb8b0.jpg
b718f68c384345f52ab9528b4f26c24d.jpg
fdc3585c887383b31cca5c1696b9cdbb.jpg

Well OK... that video certain tells a different story. Clearly the bottom set is the best all 'round! Excellent work. I love the dedication...

And the box set is insane -- complete with the clear pills!!! I have to find a flat open palm now for Morpheus. And the dialogue in foam is a beautiful touch.

I love in the video when you first put the glasses on and they glow from the light for a moment.

hello how can i buy a sunglasses for my morpheus figure ?? is there a list or something ?? Greetings.

That set looks awesome. I just recently picked him up so if there is a list going around and room still left, I'd be interested in getting on it.

I'll be opening orders this week. Trying to do some preproduction so I can hopefully ship initial orders almost right away.

Final version being produced. I made a very subtle change to the final glasses.. can you tell?
06584d8903e7d7530f00e2842dd46f6f.jpg
b5c95a328a49d0385d5965723bd4dbe3.jpg
0ee5b49ffedcda8d2f083803ec41db04.jpg

Clear edge? So less light bounces...?
Clear edge, which I think looks better... and nose piece curves outward now like it would in reality. Makes then hug the face even more.

Back