1/6 Toys Works - Jessica Jones

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would get a 1/6 Michael Clarke Duncan(gone too soon) Kingpin. Not sure what else Netflix related Toys Works will take on, they just put a Morpheus from the Matrix series up for order. So they might be switching gears, which I’ll gladly buy since HT’s has been lackadaisical about anything past Neo. It seems like half the 3rd party companies are competing over X-Men releases when they should be looking at the gaps HT’s leaves.

My prediction was correct.

None have the three places that sometimes open boxes and take photos (OSK, TNS and GT) have done so with Jessica. Unless they did open one, saw it was terrible and decided to let sleeping dogs lie. :lol

She looks like complete crap.

She's tiny. There's no weathering or holes in the jeans, which look a completely different colour and material.

48345380362_3a4979c923_o.jpg

48345380267_484d5eda0d_o.jpg

Without her boots she's 10.5" tall, making her 5' 3". Krysten Ritter is 5' 8".

This is Furiosa all over again.

One thing I can say is that, judging by the nose profile, the sculpt isn't a recast of Vimal's.

I was going to donate the messenger bag to the Vimal/Ganghood figure, but I actually prefer the DiD Coleman gas mask bag I'm already using. So all that leaves is the camera, which is quite a cheap looking rubbery thing.

I'll weather the jeans with chalk and use her as a generic teen apocalypse survivor who happens to look a bit like Krysten Ritter.

EDIT:

Damn! Even the stand is crap!

It's one of those Red Team ones I usually get on Ebay, but the upright part is so loose in the base that it flops around. It'll need to be glued to provide any kind of actual support.

This figure is the worst kind of bait and switch. In the past Toys Works' production have been close to their promo, as with Kingpin.

EDIT 2:

Besides the rubbery hands she comes packed with, which have the fingerless gloves on, she also has pairs of trigger finger and gripping hands. The trigger hands are lighter than the gripping hands, so they wouldn't look right if you mixed them.

Well this is disappointing to see, definite drop from the Kingpin, doesn’t bode well for the Luke Cage figure either. Glad I waited for this before ordering that too, no more 3rd party preorders for me.

If you weather the jeans and display her on her own, away from any other sixth scale figures, you could get away with this figure representing Jessica Jones.

But that defeats the object if you're collecting teams of characters. As I already have a superior Jessica, with the Vimal/Ganghood figure, I have no option but to repurpose the Toys Works as a not-Jessica Jones character. Or at best, she represents teenage Jessica, just as VTS' Furiosa represents a teen Furiosa.

It represents the sad fact I’ll probably never have a full Defenders set. It also makes me consider selling Daredevil and Punisher and focusing my collecting efforts on a different property, good job Toy Works.

It represents the sad fact I’ll probably never have a full Defenders set. It also makes me consider selling Daredevil and Punisher and focusing my collecting efforts on a different property, good job Toy Works.

:monkey2

I never expected Toys Works to drop the bar this far below their promo photos.

Here she is after rubbing some chalk into the jeans:

48345695101_1fb7226e2a_o.jpg

OG Jessica is back where she came from:

48345893577_15dfc05a66_o.jpg

(HT Daredevil is hiding behind Luke Cage, because I don't really like that figure too much either!)

It's a little known fact that teenage photography enthusiast, Jessica Jones, hooked up with Mystery Incorporated during the Scooby Apocalypse...

48345962857_aa4722c431_c.jpg

Thats horrible. So glad I have the other version.

It's actually not as horrible as it appears.

The worst part is that she's so small, and that the outfit isn't the upgrade they showed.

I didn't get a decent photo of the sculpt, but it's actually pretty good as sculpts and paintwork go. There's life in her eyes, and she has a sort of pissed off expression (not surprising!) similar to Ace's Vietnam War girls.

Just as VTS' Furiosa was useless as Charlize Theron from Fury Road, and this figure is useless as Krysten Ritter from the TV shows, they're nonetheless nice figures to look at as teen versions of their characters. :lol

God, you're right, that looks awful. Never expected the OSK figure would look so much better in comparison, and I actually sent that one back because of how disappointing it was in hand.

Looks horrid. How did they go from their Kingpin figure to this? To be fair, it was always a poor likeness, but the overall quality downgrade from the proto is amazingly bad.

So glad I have the Vimal set, which I was already happy with.

I'm not bothered by the sculpt since I never planned to use it anyway, but the tiny size and crappy, cheap looking jacket are what annoy me, since it doesn't really give you much to work with.

I guess if I want a proper JJ figure I'm just going to have to build it from the ground up.

I'm not bothered by the sculpt since I never planned to use it anyway, but the tiny size and crappy, cheap looking jacket are what annoy me, since it doesn't really give you much to work with.

I guess if I want a proper JJ figure I'm just going to have to build it from the ground up.

Exactly. She's not fit for the intended purpose.

So I've re-purposed her, and like her for what she is. Luckily she was cheap.

The clothing looks so much cheaper than the promo pics, where I actually liked the look of the outfit and the accessories. There's nothing usable with this figure.

That makes me wonder how their Luke Cage will turn out. It looked way better than the Jessica, but with the Jessica suffering such a downgrade even in spite that.....ouch.

What's this ****!!!?:horror
I will receive her this week, and when i see this i don't want her anymore she's UGLY!!!

Do you know where i can find the first version by Onesixthkit please?

What's this ****!!!?:horror
I will receive her this week, and when i see this i don't want her anymore she's UGLY!!!

Do you know where i can find the first version by Onesixthkit please?

It's been sold out for a while, but they do still have the jacket for sale. Although that one is still undersized so I did a search and found this one on ebay which I might try.

It's missing the smaller pocket in front but still looks much better than the other two, and is likely a better size too. It's only 40 bucks so worth a shot anyway.

Screenshot_20190722-153825_eBay~01.jpg

Back