Prop Toynami/Cinemaquette/HCG presents: BATWING & BATMOBILE.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Toynami/Cinemaquette presents: BATWING & (coming soon) BATMOBILE.

Just got up to get ready for work and thought I would tell you guys that last night I was able to get the pins out of the canopy on my Batwing and got my Toy Biz Batman sitting in the cockpit and the canopy back on. Looks ____ing SWEET!!! Will take a few pics to show you guys tonight. Thanks for that video Raf. I watched that several times (again) after my first attempt and pressed on and got those pins out. Some paint came off but some Tamiya flat black fixed that.

Just got up to get ready for work and thought I would tell you guys that last night I was able to get the pins out of the canopy on my Batwing and got my Toy Biz Batman sitting in the cockpit and the canopy back on. Looks ____ing SWEET!!! Will take a few pics to show you guys tonight. Thanks for that video Raf. I watched that several times (again) after my first attempt and pressed on and got those pins out. Some paint came off but some Tamiya flat black fixed that.

NICE :hi5:

Raf, here are the new pics... Give yourself a self high five buddy for your great video.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/8971629@N07/sets/72157626259198171/

I used a Toy Biz '89 Batman that I had since 1990 to put in the Batwing. I basically repainted the figure (which is over 5" tall) starting by spraying it with a black automotive primer then I hand brushed it with Tamiya flat black acrylic paint. I painted the lower part of the face with Tamiya flat flesh and painted the eyes white then blue (Tamiya again) and added some grey and black streaks (with a pair of Gundam markers) around the eyes to simulate the black eyeliner that Keaton wore in the film. I even cut up the yellow belt/grappling hook to make a more authentic looking '89 utility belt (which I painted Tamiya flat yellow). I ditched the fabric cape so Batman is sitting in the Batwing capeless but I can almost guarantee according to the pics that I have seen that the original studio scale Batwing two footer did not have a Batman figure in its cockpit that had a cape going down its back either. All in all, this was a fun little side project while I was waiting for BBTS to ship my Batwing and I have to say that having this figure in the plane just makes it look a thousand times better. Man oh man, I have got to find a way to get that Batmobile now!

Last edited:

Anyyyyyyoneeee got word on when this is coming? I was told it would be shipping about a week ago.

Chris

Batmobile is due out in June now.
I know I bet everyone hates the retarded delays too.

Batmobile is due out in June now.
I know I bet everyone hates the retarded delays too.

Dude I know delays suck...but I could use a few more months to figure out how the hell I'm going to pay for it. And I've got to get it. The Batwing plus the Batmobile completes the picture.

Dude I know delays suck...but I could use a few more months to figure out how the hell I'm going to pay for it. And I've got to get it. The Batwing plus the Batmobile completes the picture.

I agree :clap

2G is not that bad

:lecture......

Is CM closed or something? I've been trying to call them every day for the past week and it just keeps going to voice mail. Doesnt matter what time of the day you call...no one answers. Im trying to get exact dimensions of the lip around the base. I want to have a case cover ready for when it gets here.

Chris

Ok so I finally got ahold of George today at CM. He says (as everyone knows already) that the car will be shipping in June. But also that they will be making the whole run of 500 cars because they already have about 486 pre-ordered so far. Also, the PO for the cacoon will go up this month on their website at about $250. George says odds are the cacoon will most likely be shipped before the car does. He also expects to have all cars sold and shipped before the end of 2011.

Chris

WOW! just found out about this item. this is amazing!!!

WOW! just found out about this item. this is amazing!!!

Yes it is. The Batwing is righteous and the Batmobile is going to be its own kind of awesome. Just absolute grails to have in your collection.

Yes!!! Finally! I seriously almost forgot about this even though I preordered the day it was available.

Fantastic! Looks great. This looks like its going to be a winner.

I'm very excited I can hear my phone ring now , George saying RAF we charged your card , batmobile will be on its way , hell yeah

I already have a studio scale miniature from the 89 miniature of the Batmobile, so I'm not sure spending all that money on the extra lighting etc. for the cinemaquette Batmobile is worth it to me, but that Batwing sure is pretty.

Back