Total Noob Looking for help with Steve Rogers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oxnard Montalvo

Super Freak
Reaction score
Not been in the Hot Toys camp for very long, My first being the Stark Mech Test. But since then I've caught up somewhat with Thor, IM mkIV, Both Caps, IM2 Black Widow and Nick Fury. (Hawkeye still evades me, and probably always will at the prices he commands at the moment), anyway, too much rambling.... Having seen the Winter Soldier pre vis artwork i want to use my spare Unmasked Avengers Steve Rogers sculpt for something similar. I'm sure I can track down the clothes without much difficulty, but I have no idea what body to put him on.... I'm totally clueless when it comes to truetype this that or the other...I've never bought a basic body for a custom..... can anyone point me in the right direction....

Thanks in advance......

If you are going to full dress him up, then I would recommend either the TTM19 or the TTM21. If I was going to create the army version these two bodies will do, but if you want to use like a T-Shirt and pants only, then TTM19 or the TTM21 will look too weak, in this case I would probably use the TTM20 or the Kaustic Plastik heroik muscle body.

I ended up finding an old 'military' body that was in my bits box... its very well articulated, just needs the 'neck ball' shaving down a little in order to fit Steve's head on it...

as for the look I'm going for, its the t-shirt and slacks, with leather jacket and shield outfit as per the Winter Soldier concept art that was posted a while back of the pair of them clashing together. I'm not a huge stickler for absolute accuracy so he'll probably be borrowing sideshow Indy's pleather jacket.....

Get you a Captain America The First Avenger Body, some large wrist pegs, and a set of T2 T800 hands that's what I did.

Wake-upCap1.jpg

I assume thats the 'Rescue' head? BTW.. where did you get that Tshirt?

Yes, it's the Rescue Version Head. The T-shirt is a custom that you can get off EBay with the Emblems already on them. The pants, belt, and shoes are from the HT Indiana Jones DX figure. The base is from the First Avenger Captain America version.

Interested, make me an offer.

I believe I found a very good Steve Rogers' body, the new Kaustic Plastik athletic body KP03.

It is smaller than the KP02, not as muscular as the TTM20, and more muscular than TTM19 and TTM21.

I will post some pics tomorrow, so far I like it very much.

NECRO! Sorry!

So, I'd love to use dollmanron's recipe on the first page as it seems to look the most natural of the few "Times Square" Steves I've seen. Just a few quick questions if anyone wiukd be so kind as I'm not really familiar with bashing and what fits what.

-Would TFA Cap body fit the Rescue Cap head without any kind of modification?

-by "hot toys large wrist pegs", I just searched exactly that and didnt get any matches? Can somone point me in the right direction for these?

-Also, I see he used the HT Indy pants, but those have a dirtiness to them that I'd rather avoid. Has anyone used these pants at all?

https://ebay.to/19ihY9Z

Any reason those wouldn't work with the TFA body or are the HT pants just better fitting?

I appreciate the help.

Back