Top Gun: Maverick

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got home from the cinema and god damn, I’m in awe of this movie! Tom Cruise has pulled off damn near a miracle, absolutely phenomenal. I’d probably go back to the cinema two of three more times to see this. It’s not often I’ve been completely satisfied by a movie, especially a sequel, but this one does it. As far as sequels goes, this for me is on the level of ESB or Aliens.
I really can't add anything more to what you already said. It really was a great movie, perfect amount of Nostalgia mixed with new and likeable characters. Really well done!

Last edited:
Long belated sequels all too often suck but at this point I'm more worried about my expectations being raised too high with all this positivity.

Last edited:
Long belated sequels all too often suck but at this point I'm more worried about my expectations being raised too high with all this positivity.
I agree with this. I dont usually like long overdue sequels but all this talk is making me look forward to it.
Xx

I like when I enter a theater and the average age is 55. It's like going to a Star Wars movie.
I'm 52 and I agree. Thankfully, even though it's a 12A Top Gun isn't really a kid's movie. I hate cinemas with kids. Due to time constraints, I also had to book a morning showing of Jurassic World Dominion, prime time for the little bleeders!

Just got back from seeing this and there’s nothing more I can say other than echo what already has been said by many. I love Top Gun so I’ll always want to say that’s the superior film since it’s a classic, but nostalgia aside and just going by a true film by film comparison, this imo is the superior one. It had just the right blend of fan service at the right moments (often goosebump inducing) without having to sacrifice development of the new main characters and getting to know them while also somehow, not having the new character development be at the expense of sacrificing Maverick’s screen time and story either. I also liked the background between Maverick and his love interest better in this one as well.

Flight scenes were much more intense than the first, as was the entire film in general I thought. A bit more emotional as well while also sprinkling in some humor in the right parts.

Definitely imo puts any recent long awaited sequels of old franchises to shame (they could really take a page from this film in learning how to do it “right”) and frankly, just many sequels in general regardless of duration between the first and second films.

Very well done film. You could tell everyone busted their ass on it to make it good.

Chrisstruther's favourite youtuber liked it.

I thought his jab at Kelly McGillis was unnecessary I have to say. Not in the movie but disparaged for the crime of getting old nevertheless.

Last edited:
Biggest omission probably is the song Take my breath away, such a shame.
Yeah, I'm not sure why that was missing. The opening got me right in the feels, I was suddenly 16 again. I've always been an aviation fan and these 2 movies seem to bookend the best bits of the years inbetween.

Back